FORUMS
Damien

Retribution Paladin 6.2

Guest Zerohour

In current content (Heroic and Mythic BRF), Mastery is the chosen stat to be going towards with enchants and gems from the looks of it.  Haste, even by the original author of this guide, has been relegated to a bottom tier stat.  Is there any way you might get the author to revisit this guide since this one in it's current state is very misleading and people reading it for the first time will be very confused.

Guest TheZoog

Mod Edit: This post does not have an ounce of truth in it.

Your guide on Retadins is in some cases just wrong and it always has been.  For T-5: when used properly, Holy Avenger has far more advantages than Divine Purpose.  It's cd lines up with Avenging Wrath and at least a Trinket and the cd is decreased by stacking haste. 

For T-6, you have ALWAYS been wrong.  Guys - Holy Prism CRITS and is a handy ranged attack.  You can easily fit it into your rotation and it is affected by Seal of Insight and Multistrikes so that it's healing is BOOM BOOM BEASTY.  Your Retadin will always follow the healers in hps.  And since Holy Prism's cd is decreased by stacking haste, you will find that you are putting out 4 to 5 times the damage and 5 to 6 times the healing at the other T-6 choices.

For T-7, you really need to listen closely.  Before I explain, I want you to stack haste.  Neck/Ring/Cloak enchants, gems and buff food.  You now have around 475 haste and with raid buffs and 670 lvl gear you should be around 17% base-haste.  Put Mark of Warsong on your weapon and learn to use Empowered Seals, because it is incredigood when you take the time to use it properly.  Start out with the 20% haste buff, it will decrease the time between your judgments.  Then add the 15% attack power buff.  You can easily keep these two up 94% of the fight.  You can add the healing buff when needed, understanding that it is affected by haste too, so its 2% max-health hot ticks around every 1.75 seconds instead of the advertised 3 seconds.

You are now at around 37% haste, which means the Mastery/Crit/Multistrike etc that you do have is being used MUCH faster and at its fullest potential!  Now add in Mark of Warsong which has a rppm proc of 1.5, gives you just north of 1000 haste (10%) that declinates to 0 over 20 seconds.  The thing about haste procs, is the more haste you have, the more haste you have.  This is an old Retadin winkwinknudgenudge which means that your Mark of Warsong proc cd is DECREASED by the amount of haste you stack.  In laymen's terms you can expect to see around 2.15 ppm on average.

Now here is the big secret.  We don't know how, we don't know why, but somehow Empowered Seals haste buff, called Liadrin's Righteousness, occasionally acts as a haste MULTIPLIER in addition to stacking 20% haste.  So as you are fighting when Mark of Warsong procs, around once every 1 to 1.5 minutes something *breaks* and you will see your haste go up to 75%.  No, I am not yanking your crank - I said 75%!  Then it declinates down to around 42%.  This happens regularly and it is challenging to keep up with my rotation.  It's one of those "sssshhhh, don't tell Blizz" things.

Ok, those of you Retadins who can't handle blazing fast speed, go back to using your Icy Vein's suggested talents and try to stay awake through 1.... 2.... 3......... yawn 1.... 2... 4..... yawn whereas I am like 123123124125123124OMGICANTKEEPUP123124123!!!!

Your guide on Retadins is in some cases just wrong and it always has been.  For T-5: when used properly, Holy Avenger has far more advantages than Divine Purpose.  It's cd lines up with Avenging Wrath and at least a Trinket and the cd is decreased by stacking haste. 

For T-6, you have ALWAYS been wrong.  Guys - Holy Prism CRITS and is a handy ranged attack.  You can easily fit it into your rotation and it is affected by Seal of Insight and Multistrikes so that it's healing is BOOM BOOM BEASTY.  Your Retadin will always follow the healers in hps.  And since Holy Prism's cd is decreased by stacking haste, you will find that you are putting out 4 to 5 times the damage and 5 to 6 times the healing at the other T-6 choices.

For T-7, you really need to listen closely.  Before I explain, I want you to stack haste.  Neck/Ring/Cloak enchants, gems and buff food.  You now have around 475 haste and with raid buffs and 670 lvl gear you should be around 17% base-haste.  Put Mark of Warsong on your weapon and learn to use Empowered Seals, because it is incredigood when you take the time to use it properly.  Start out with the 20% haste buff, it will decrease the time between your judgments.  Then add the 15% attack power buff.  You can easily keep these two up 94% of the fight.  You can add the healing buff when needed, understanding that it is affected by haste too, so its 2% max-health hot ticks around every 1.75 seconds instead of the advertised 3 seconds.

You are now at around 37% haste, which means the Mastery/Crit/Multistrike etc that you do have is being used MUCH faster and at its fullest potential!  Now add in Mark of Warsong which has a rppm proc of 1.5, gives you just north of 1000 haste (10%) that declinates to 0 over 20 seconds.  The thing about haste procs, is the more haste you have, the more haste you have.  This is an old Retadin winkwinknudgenudge which means that your Mark of Warsong proc cd is DECREASED by the amount of haste you stack.  In laymen's terms you can expect to see around 2.15 ppm on average.

Now here is the big secret.  We don't know how, we don't know why, but somehow Empowered Seals haste buff, called Liadrin's Righteousness, occasionally acts as a haste MULTIPLIER in addition to stacking 20% haste.  So as you are fighting when Mark of Warsong procs, around once every 1 to 1.5 minutes something *breaks* and you will see your haste go up to 75%.  No, I am not yanking your crank - I said 75%!  Then it declinates down to around 42%.  This happens regularly and it is challenging to keep up with my rotation.  It's one of those "sssshhhh, don't tell Blizz" things.

Ok, those of you Retadins who can't handle blazing fast speed, go back to using your Icy Vein's suggested talents and try to stay awake through 1.... 2.... 3......... yawn 1.... 2... 4..... yawn whereas I am like 123123124125123124OMGICANTKEEPUP123124123!!!!

According to our reviewer, your post is complete nonsense.

• Like 1

I have a modified CLCRet(ver v.1.6.10.001) rotation that i would like to share.  the modified rotation.lua is here. My talents are Divine Purpose, Execution Sentence, and Final Verdict.

es eds5_fv eds_fv tv_dp_4s eds_4s ds_fv tv5 exo_bc how eds_fv_aw_exec ds_fv_aw_exec tv_aw_exec ds_fv_dp tv_dp cs j eds_fv tv4 exo tv3

Any feedback or suggested improvements would be greatly appreciated :D

enjoy

Guest W Hubble

I am no expert on Paladins but I find Glyph of the Falling Avenger to be as useful as Glyph of Righteous Retreat. 

Guest Gray

You should add the Warmaul of the Warmaul Chieftain to the weapons list (and any other class/spec that can use it). It's a rare Ogre archaeology solve, and BoA. I'd gotten it with another character and now that my Ret paladin has made it to Draenor it's a pretty darn nice weapon (ilvl 620) to have as early as level 91.

Guest Alayea

Glyph of Harsh Words needs to be removed from the Major Glyphs section, as it is restricted to Holy.

Ello all, So I have been seeing some comments and video saying that with the 4piece t-18 set we should be specing Sanctified Wrath (lvl75  talent) and empowered seals or Seraphim (lvl 100) talent. What is your take on this? I currently us Divine Purpose and Final Verdict. Thanks

Guest Damyon

Anyone know when this will be updated for 6.2? I know Divine purpose was great with the BRF tier set, but what about the HFC tier now? I was thinking just going back to Sactified Wrath, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake when I get the new tier set. 

Guest oodadrogon

I had been looking into this too. I have read in some placed that Sanctified Wrath will be the lvl 75 talent choice and Seraphim will be our lvl 100 talent. now I have not gotten the chance to test that so I do not know how that plays out, but I have also seen other Rets talking about stacking Multi strike and Haste with the T-18 set. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Is Retribution worth playing in pve currently? im planning on lvling a MDPS to raid with and retri seems a lot of fun, im not a harcore progression raider, but i dont want to waste my time playing a class that will never get to see mythic content

Edited by Morager
Deleted private server name

Morager,

I really enjoy playing Ret Pally. I have been playing it since 5.3. I find the class to be a lot of fun. There is plenty to do as Ret. Ret in in the middle of the filed when it comes to single target damage, but we excel at AOE Damage right now. All of our new gear has Multi strike on it, which helps us with our AOE burst damage not to mention the "FEL" Trinkets really help out our AOE as well. Ret has some good utilities IMO,you got lay on hands, which can save your healer in a pinch, And Ret has two CD that engate damage, which is very helpful when dealing with empowered Runes on the Kormrok fight. IMO Ret is a good choice with a lot that can be done.

Right now I am 4/13 N in HFC.

Hi! I am a little confused about the stat priority. Right now, this is my pally as follows: Crit: 20.42% - Haste: +10.86% - Mastery 39.82% - Multistrike: 12.91% - Versatility: 5.61%.  

I was stacking mastery and crit then someone in my guild told me crit is useless for paladins?  I began to add haste and consequently my mastery dropped.  It used to be above 50%.  Can you advise me?  

I tried to send this to the forum moderator but it was blocked.  

Well I stack Mastery as well as Crit. With the new gear dropping in HFC it seems to me that there is either multi strike on it or Crit.

Now In my option, Mastery and Crit are the things to stack after you get to 15% haste with raid buffs. Some will say it is Mastery then Multi. With raid buffs I have 56% mastery and 20.21% Crit. and 20% haste. I find this is a good balance for me. But I also don't have a 2 piece set yet.

Here is my details from the Killrog fight https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Wx7Zf8AwBYnDg6Tj#fight=5

Here is some advice I got from another Ret "

you should be looking at getting gear that has these stats:

Mastery

Haste until 15% with raid buff

Multistrike = Critical Strike

You want either Multistrike OR Crit, not both, with the gear in HFC most Ret's ive seen go for Crit as its better items for Mastery/Crit than there are Mastery/Multi in HFC.

Once you start getting the T18 set bonuses you want to have Sanctified Wrath as the 75 talent all the time, and you want to learn how to use Seraphim properly, with the T18 4pc Sera becomes the best talent on most fights, some outliers where FV is better are Assault - Shadowlord Iskar and XhulHorac".

I hope that helps.

Ooda

Guest Cluisanna

The Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page says that Final Verdict is the best talent in all situations, but the Builds, Talents and Glyphs page says that Seraphim is better in single target encounters. Which is it? 

I've noticed the stat priority places haste above crit/multi, and for a while I thought it listed a "to 11%" cap, but now I don't see it. 

Checking Shibbx's gear I would assume this is the case (8% haste with 23% crit/mutli). 

That might be something to re-add if it is still the case, because stacking something to 30% that could have been stopped at 11% is painful. 

The Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page says that Final Verdict is the best talent in all situations, but the Builds, Talents and Glyphs page says that Seraphim is better in single target encounters. Which is it? 

From talking with a few other Rets, some say when you have your T-18 set bonus you should switch to SW and Seraphim. The reason i have heard is that the T-18 set bonus gives you an extra stack of Avenging warth. So by using SW your Avenging warth is 50% longer and your cool down on hammer of Warth is shortened, now couple that with the increase damage given from Seraphim and it can be the best for single target encounters. I have yet to try it, since I have not been lucky enough to get my second T-18 piece.

Edited by Oodadrogon

Guest epic

That was never answered. Please fix this, we are getting confused. Final Verdict or Seraphim for single target?

That was never answered. Please fix this, we are getting confused. Final Verdict or Seraphim for single target?

From what I have seen it the rotation priority for RET is FV until you get your T18 4pc. At the time you want to switch to Seraphim. Seraphim is great for Burst damage when synced up with  AW. Also when you have your T18 2 pc, you should switch to SW as you Lvl 75 Talent. This makes AW last longer and shortens the cool down on Hammer of Warth.

Here is a run down i got from another well performing RET

The Priority for a Ret in general goes something like this for single-target

Cast Divine Storm.(If Divine Storm is buffed by Final Verdict and you have Empowered Divine Storm buff.)

Cast Final Verdict (when you have 5 Holy Power).

Cast Execution Sentence

Cast Hammer of Wrath on cooldown

Cast Crusader Strike on cooldown

Cast Judgment on cooldown

Cast Exorcism on cooldown

Cast Final Verdict (when you have 3 Holy Power).

Once you start getting the T18 set bonuses you want to have Sanctified Wrath as the 75 talent all the time, and you want to learn how to use Seraphim properly, with the T18 4pc Sera becomes the best talent on most fights, some outliers where FV is better are Assault - Shadowlord Iskar and XhulHorac.

Hope this helps. Keep on DPSing my RETS

Edited by Oodadrogon

Guest Alex

Hi could you please upgrade the trinket list with the new 675 timewalking trinkets please....

Guest Mike

No damage increase with empowered seals?  How is that so?  This is a GREAT passive ability that increases your attack power by 15% and has a 100% uptime when in combat...

Guest Mike

Why is Holy Avenger missing from the cooldown list?  It only shows Avenging Wrath.  Holy Avenger is also a huge dps increase since you can basically spam Templar's Verdict.

Hey guys. Quick question about glyphs. Glyph of Templar's verdict is mentioned as helpful to your raid group's healers at times. Does this glyph also work with Final Verdict? I can't seem to find any information on the subject. Thanks!