FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Shadow Priest 6.2

Isn't it strange then, that the 2 shadowpriests in Paragon stack up on Mastery (and secondly Multistrike)?

There isn't anything strange about stacking Mastery and it doesn't go against what I've been saying. Whether that is a single target fight (like Butcher, Kargath) or if their job on an encounter includes nuking down high priority targets instead of cleaving (Mages on Imperator) doesn't change the fact that Mastery is only good against one target.

As for Multistrike, the gear available in Highmaul (in many cases only one item per slot) doesn't make it possible to customize your stats via picking and choosing gear.

I have been DoT weaving for a little over a month now. I figured out most of the issues I have with the rotation, but where I've been having trouble is with multi target fights. Mostly being Tectus. I lose a lot of DPS on that fight because I'm mostly moving around. So what do we do with Multi target fights. DoT everything up or do I do my DoT weaving rotation and just hope for the best?

Guest Tavy

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now. I've been trying to figure out the best CoP Dotweave rotation without tier17 2p. I've come to the realization that the icyveins dotweaving is as close as I will get to it, and that other variations are similar. In any case, when the guide states "Insanity for 2 global cooldowns", does that mean A: Two global cooldowns of insanity at that point (time wise/ticks) or B: Two full channeled casts of insanity?

Guest Sherpie

Awesome guide, great work!

I have a question about a rotation when using CoP SoD, is it similar to the CoP MFI rotation or do you need to change it up a bit to account for the extra movement? (If someone could post what rotation they are using that would be downright swell).

Also, what is a good haste % to be at (Unbuffed) for DoT weaving. I see a lot of high ilvl players around the 17-18% range.

Lastly, fights with moderate to high movements (Tectus, Twins, Ko'Ragh, and IMP) my DPS takes a huge drop. I am trying extremely hard to fix this with not having much luck. I DoT weave until I have to move and while I am moving I usually pop PW:S, PW:D, and MB when it comes off CD, from there moving usually stops and I begin DoT weaving until I need to move again. (There are times where I am focusing more on moving to not die then doing DPS, when this happens I feel like my rotation goes to shambles)

ilvl 657, Crit @ 10.36%, Haste @ 16.83%, Mastery @ 27.27%, Multistrike @ 16.18% (Unbuffed) currently all gems and enchants are haste, I have Thunderlord enchant on my weapon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance. 

Awesome Guide, great work!

I have a questions about a rotation when using CoP SoD. Is it similar to the CoP MFI rotation or do you need to change it up a bit to account for the extra movement? (If someone could post what rotation they are using that would be downright swell).

Also, what is a good haste % to be at for optimal DoT weaving (Unbuffed). I see a lot of high ilvl players around the 17-18% range.

Lastly, fights with moderate to high movements (Tectus, Twins, Ko'ragh, and Imp) my DPS takes a huge drop. I am trying extremely hard to fix this with not having much luck. I DoT weave until I have to move and while I am moving I usually pop PW:S, PW:D and MB when it comes off CD, from there moving usually stops and I begin DoT weaving until I need to move again. ( there are times where I am focusing more on moving to not die then doing DPS, when this happens I feel like my rotation goes to shambles).

ilvl 657, Crit @ 10.36%, Haste @ 16.83%, Mastery @ 27.27%, Multistrike @ 16.18% (Unbuffed). Currently all gems and enchants are haste, I have Thunderlord enchant on my weapon.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance. 

Guest Joe

I have to be honest. I feel like this guide and some others were written during Beta testing and don't really reflect hard facts. The SPriest guide in particular is all over the place, and makes a bunch of different suggestions, none of which seem to provide a definitive guide to maximum DPS. 

Guest Sanctimoney

Is this going to be updated with the new haste buff?  Howtopriest.com has haste at the top of the pack for CoP specs now.

Guest Joe

Having done extensive target dummy testing, the best talent combinations turned out to be a tie between Mb+PI+CoP and Mb+PI+VE. 

I don't know if CoP becomes vastly superior at higher gear levels, but that was the clear result.

Guest Prästen

Why isnt the dot-weaving rotation in the " rotation guide ", I´ve had far better dps with that. ph34r.png

Guest Guest

Looking at the DoT Weaving rotation over here, I have to assume I'm missing something unless this is just a typo. Maybe I'm just stupid, and I can accept that, but please tell my what I'm overlooking - if anything.

1. wow_icon_spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpg Mind Blast (now 4 Shadow Orbs); <---yes
  2. wow_icon_spell_priest_mindspike.jpg Mind Spike; <---good
  3. wow_icon_spell_priest_mindspike.jpg Mind Spike; <---good
  4. wow_icon_spell_shadow_shadowwordpain.jpg Shadow Word: Pain; <---good
  5. wow_icon_spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpg Mind Blast (now 5 Shadow Orbs); <---yes
  6. wow_icon_spell_holy_stoicism.jpg Vampiric Touch; <---good
  7. wow_icon_spell_shadow_devouringplague.jp Devouring Plague (now 2 Shadow Orbs); <---yes
  8. wow_icon_spell_shadow_soulleech_2.jpg Insanity for 1 global cooldown <---why only one?
  9. wow_icon_spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpg Mind Blast (now 3 Shadow Orbs); <---yes
  10. wow_icon_spell_shadow_soulleech_2.jpg Insanity for 2 global cooldowns; <---good
  11. wow_icon_spell_shadow_devouringplague.jp Devouring Plague (now 0 Shadow Orbs); <---yes
  12. wow_icon_spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpg Mind Blast (now 1 Shadow Orb); <---okay, but...
  13. wow_icon_spell_shadow_soulleech_2.jpg Insanity for 3 global cooldowns (chaining mid-channel); <---now, how are we getting back into insanity w/ only 1 orb when it takes 3 to enable DP and trigger insanity? and how are we keeping it for 3 gcd?  can you explain "chaining mid-channel?" I haven't been able to get any more than 2gcd's worth of insanity no matter what I do.
  14. wow_icon_spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpg Mind Blast (now 2 Shadow Orb);
  15. wow_icon_spell_priest_mindspike.jpg Mind Spike (your DoTs will have expired prior to this cast);
  16. Continue using the regular Clarity of Power priority list until you reach 4 Shadow Orbs again.

Guest Guest

Step 8: you only do 1 gcd of insanity because you have a dead spot where MB isn't off cd yet. 

Step 13: you chain mid channel because if you chain another insanity before it's timer runs out it doesn't matter. In other words chaining mid channel extends the total duration of insanity. The total rotation I use is 

1. wow_icon_spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpg Mind Blast 1 shadow orb

2. wow_icon_spell_priest_mindspike.jpg Mind Spike

3. wow_icon_spell_priest_mindspike.jpg Mind Spike (at the end of this mind spike there is a very short dead spot where you can use shadowfiend or halo, but casting another wow_icon_spell_priest_mindspike.jpg Mind Spike results in a dps loss)

4. wow_icon_spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpg Mind Blast 2 shadow orb

5. wow_icon_spell_priest_mindspike.jpg Mind Spike

6. wow_icon_spell_priest_mindspike.jpg Mind Spike

7. wow_icon_spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpg Mind Blast 3 shadow orb

8. wow_icon_spell_priest_mindspike.jpg Mind Spike

9. wow_icon_spell_priest_mindspike.jpg Mind Spike

10. wow_icon_spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpg Mind Blast 4 shadow orb

11. wow_icon_spell_priest_mindspike.jpg Mind Spike

12. wow_icon_spell_priest_mindspike.jpg Mind Spike

13. wow_icon_spell_shadow_shadowwordpain.jpg Shadow Word: Pain

14. wow_icon_spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpg Mind Blast 5 shadow orb

15. wow_icon_spell_holy_stoicism.jpg Vampiric Touch

16. wow_icon_spell_shadow_devouringplague.jp Devouring Plague 2 shadow orb

17. wow_icon_spell_shadow_soulleech_2.jpg Insanity for 1 global cooldown

18. wow_icon_spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpg Mind Blast now 3 Shadow Orbs

19. wow_icon_spell_shadow_soulleech_2.jpg Insanity for 2 global cooldowns (sometimes i'll let it go for the full length just to make sure mind blas is off cd)

20. wow_icon_spell_shadow_devouringplague.jp Devouring Plague  now 0 Shadow Orbs

21. wow_icon_spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpg Mind Blast now 1 shadow orb

22. wow_icon_spell_shadow_soulleech_2.jpg Insanity chaining mid chanel after the second tic and run till mind blast is off cd

23. pick back up at step 4.

I haven't found a higher dps rotation, but I hate that dead space that 2 mind spikes causes between mind blast. any recommendations would be great thanks! 

Unbuffed stats are:

ilvl 661

Int: 4102

Spell Power: 5491

Crit: 11.25

Haste: 18.35

Mastery 71.93 (1652 rating for +46.93)

Spirit: 784

Multistrike: 8.47

Versatility: 0.60

Also I was wondering when should I stop getting mastery currently raid buffed I'm near 100% and I was thinking when I hit 100% buffed I would go to haste or multi. Thanks! and hope that helped! 

Guest Vaelir

Using the "Clarity of Power Lite" rotation, which BiS list would be best to follow for stat priority? 

I will not use Mind Spike, at all as I am using Insanity.

Am I right to assume the "Auspicious Spirits talented" BiS list would be preferable as it is mainly dot based with mindflay/insanity fillers? 

Also, does Insanity benefit from mastery as it is the focus of my rotation

Guest allianaar

your stat priority is a complete and utter mess.

how are ppl going to gear with changing stats for different bosses?

your general stats obviously very Bias towards Auspicious spirits. which have Crit at the top. but this play style is only good for bosses with more than 2 target which in BRF eg only iron maiden. isnt haste a better state if you are going to "average" out all the playing style. i have waste a crap load of mats following your bogus stats.

your stat priority is a complete and utter mess.

how are ppl going to gear with changing stats for different bosses?

your general stats obviously very Bias towards Auspicious spirits. which have Crit at the top. but this play style is only good for bosses with more than 2 target which in BRF eg only iron maiden. isnt haste a better state if you are going to "average" out all the playing style. i have waste a crap load of mats following your bogus stats.

Stats are at ~43:30.  Talents are at ~1:15:00.  

TL:DR - Use AS on everything but Gruul.

Guest Guest

Could we please get some updates for HFC and the new set bonuses?

Guest Taha Ahmad

The BiS trinket list for Auspicious Spirits with multiple targets does not look right. Repudiation of War better than Prophecy of Fear and Unblinking Gaze? That does not look correct.

Guest Jonathon

In the ADD-On section you recomend, "Shadow Priest DOT Timer"

I cannot find such a named add-on in curse.

A web search leads me to http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20916-ShadowPriestDoTTimer.htmlwhich hasn't been updated in over 3 years.

Would you be able to be more specific or update that line?

The add on section needs updated. It refers to the old "snapshooting" method of handling dots.

In the mean time for people looking for a replacement addon. I recommend weak auras 2. Its an addon that allows u to create your own UI elements. I use it to monitor some dots. May require a youtube video watch for new users but it is simple to use and can help monitor trinket procs, dots, hots, buffs, debuffs, and (more complicated) cooldowns. 

Guest Alan

Shadow Priest Dot Timer looks like it's no longer available.

Guest Paulo

Small update needed on Macros and Addons.

Parrot and Shadow Priest DoT Timer does not exist anymore.

As a alternative for Shadow Priest DoT Timer you can use the SPTimers from Alea Addons.

Thanks for pointing it out, guys. I'm replacing it with SPTimers.

Guest Derideon

I appreciate all the work you guys put into this and the value it adds to us Shadow Priests, but there are a few things I haven't been able to understand.... I am trying the rotation below, as I have Clarity of Power. 

5.1.1. Single Target Rotation

1. Cast wow_icon_spell_shadow_devouringplague.jp Devouring Plague with 3 or more Shadow Orbs.
  2. Cast wow_icon_spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpg Mind Blast if you have fewer than 5 Shadow Orbs.
  3. Cast wow_icon_spell_shadow_demonicfortitude.j Shadow Word: Death if you have fewer than 5 Shadow Orbs.
    • Always cast Shadow Word: Death a second time unless you have 5 Shadow Orbs. Both casts in the double-tap grant Shadow Orbs.
    • Shadow Word: Death is only usable on targets that are below 20% health.
  4. Cast wow_icon_spell_priest_mindspike.jpg Mind Spike if you have 3 wow_icon_ability_priest_surgeofdarkness. Surge of Darkness procs.
  5. Cast wow_icon_spell_shadow_siphonmana.jpg Mind Flay on the target when you have the wow_icon_spell_shadow_soulleech_2.jpg Shadow Word: Insanity buff.
  6. Cast wow_icon_spell_priest_mindspike.jpg Mind Spike as your filler spell.

I also chose Surge of Darkness instead of Insanity. My gear is full Conquest ilvl 700 obtained through random BGs and Ashran, for I love PvP and simply don't have time for stable groups. No matter what I try, however, I cannot get beyond 25k dps (22k usually), and that is with raid buffs and self buffs all on. This means that something must be wrong. It seems to me that what is being said is, basically, that I should: (A) cast Devouring Plague, Mind Blast, and Shadow Word of Death as frequently as I can, and (cool.png use Mind Spike as a filler spell except only when Devouring Plague is up, in which case I should use Mind Flay. Is this correct? If my understanding is correct, it appears impossible to have 3 procs on Surge of Darkness, as suggested in Item 4, for I will have hit Mind Spike long before I can cast enough Devouring Plagues. Is this correct? As addons, i use only Titan Bars, Recount, ArkInventory, Master Plan, and Deadly Boss Mods. Are there essential mods/addons I am missing that could explain my low levels of DPS? Thank you once again.

Guest Shadowgore

Having a rotation issue. The guide advises maintaining the dots on targets (boss). I have tried this and have found dps lacking. I have watched other SP in raid and some don't bother with pain and vampiric touch at all. Essentially they use Blast, Mind Spike, Mind Flay and Devouring Plague. They use Mind Spike as a filler.

This is just basic rotation, not counting special abilities.

I have compared the two on the target dummy in garrison and in raid and not using dots actually does significantly more damage.  Why would that be?

Sign in to follow this