FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Combat Rogue 6.2

Guest Eklipz

Just had a quick question. You state Slow MH Slow OH as optimal but how much more optimal is it then Slow MH Fast OH...the reason i ask is because i got a heroic Koraghs boot knife thats warforged so i replaced my 655 blade fist with this 676 dagger (i have heroic bladefist MH) but I'm not seeing much results from this set up (could be perceived or maybe i was expecting more, haven't tested all that much). Let me know what y'all think.

Guest Ninjabob

With Venom Rush being the top pick wouldn't it be better to go with Leeching Poison? Most bosses are immune to Crippling Poison (unless they really changed things since I last checked) so Leeching Poison, while the health gain wouldn't be that much, it would give you the bonus to energy regeneration.

Because Cheat Death will save your life more than the heal from Leeching Poison.

Just had a quick question. You state Slow MH Slow OH as optimal but how much more optimal is it then Slow MH Fast OH...the reason i ask is because i got a heroic Koraghs boot knife thats warforged so i replaced my 655 blade fist with this 676 dagger (i have heroic bladefist MH) but I'm not seeing much results from this set up (could be perceived or maybe i was expecting more, haven't tested all that much). Let me know what y'all think.

You need to sim your character to obtain a precise answer to that.

Instant Poison? That poison no longer exists.

Combat Rogues do have that poison.

Guest Divinefairy

5.4. Opening Sequence

1. 1 second before the pull, get in Stealth and use your wow_icon_trade_alchemy_dpotion_a27.jpg Draenic Agility Potionpotion.
  2. When the boss is pulled:
    • wow_icon_ability_rogue_shadowstep.jpg Shadowstep it if the boss is far away, if you have picked this talent, and if you will not need it in the next 24 seconds;
    • wow_icon_ability_rogue_sprint.jpg Sprint to reach the boss if it is far away and you cannot use Shadowstep;
    • otherwise, simply run to the boss and continue your opening sequence.
  3. Cast wow_icon_ability_rogue_ambush.jpg Ambush.
  4. Cast wow_icon_ability_rogue_slicedice.jpg Slice and Dice.
  5. If you are using ICD-based trinkets (e.g., wow_icon_ability_paladin_speedoflight.jp Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault), cast wow_icon_inv_sword_97.jpg Revealing Strike and spam wow_icon_spell_shadow_ritualofsacrifice. Sinister Strike until they proc.
  6. Cast wow_icon_ability_rogue_murderspree.jpg Killing Spree.
  7. Cast wow_icon_spell_shadow_shadowworddominate Adrenaline Rush.
  8. Start your rotation.

Would it not make sense to Vanish and Ambush again after applying revealing strike in step 5?

Guest Divinefairy

Senichi:  Yes, thanks!  Actually, i mean don't SPEND the combo points, just get Vanish on CD as soon as possible.  Rather than just spam SS for a proc on your trinket.  I think this ask is slightly different than the previous response.

Second question:  You're at 10 CP with anticipation and one more SS will take you to Deep Insight.  Is it a DPS loss to do a Combo Pointless sinsiter strike to proc Deep Insight and then have an extra 10% DPS on the eviscerate or use eviscerate with moderate insight and maintain the combo point.

Thanks

Because Cheat Death will save your life more than the heal from Leeching Poison.

I wasn't talking about Leeching Poison's healing efficiency. I was talking about Leeching Poisons triggering Venom Rush since most (all?) bosses are immune to slows, like crippling poison.

Guest Licinika

Guys,

My ilvl is 656 and my dps is really low. At Imperator Heroic i can do max 17k. whats with problem with my rotation?

I am using two fist weapons heroic Bladefists.

My problem is after I use all rotation CDs( after KS and Adrenaline Rush my dps will be around 27-30k), but after that DPS just going down to 16-17k. I have problem what to do when i have CD on KS and AR?

Thanx for answer.

Guys,

My ilvl is 656 and my dps is really low. At Imperator Heroic i can do max 17k. whats with problem with my rotation?

I am using two fist weapons heroic Bladefists.

My problem is after I use all rotation CDs( after KS and Adrenaline Rush my dps will be around 27-30k), but after that DPS just going down to 16-17k. I have problem what to do when i have CD on KS and AR?

Thanx for answer.

You should post your questions in the Rogue sections of this forum! :) I'm sure the community will see it faster over there!

Guest Invisibruh

I have to disagree with the guide on one thing: cloak and dagger is amazing for raiding. The sheer mobility it gives every time vanish is up doesn't quite match shadowstep, but the removal of a second God from your rotation as well as the ability to reposition from across the map (much further than shadowstep) is incredible.

Guest Ysireni

I've found that to start out a pull, the best way to sequence abilities is to Revealing Strike and then 4xSinister to get green, at this point your procs should be at 4-3 seconds remaining, and then Killing Spree, right after coming out of Killing Spree you will still have 5+ CP on the target so just Slice and Dice and then go straight into regular rotation

Guest Sesleri

Combat stat priority should be updated to say that with more than one target (blade flurry on): multistrike surpasses haste.

Guest Javus

I don't get the whole slow MH/slow OH . . . the only reason to use a slow MH is for additional 2.3k dmg (its 5.3k->7.6k dmg for me,650 ilvl) on sinister strike (keep in mind that it is very energy dependant). 

I carry a fast main hand because of Main Gauche.With the multistrike bonus from Swiftblade's Cunning and high percentages on MG,from mediocre mastery ratings (500 rating = 25%), MG/meele dmg + instant posion should be primary sources of dmg anyway,not sinister strike.

+ the 100% dual wield offhand dmg makes it even more viable.

+combat potency gives energy from multistrike on OH & MG , which means more energy which means more sinister strike which means faster Bandit's Guile.

It's like every single talent,passive & spell point toward fast MH/slow OH , I really don't get the slow MH/slow OH trend....

Guest Reihn

Im confused.. like Mr. Robot shows a certain dagger in OH as a dps gain, but on shadowcraft, its a HUGE loss. which is correct?  I've also seen people mention having a dagger MH and 2.6 OH... Which theorycrafting site is the best?

Im confused.. like Mr. Robot shows a certain dagger in OH as a dps gain, but on shadowcraft, its a HUGE loss. which is correct?  I've also seen people mention having a dagger MH and 2.6 OH... Which theorycrafting site is the best?

AMR is not a theorycrafting site, it's a tool. Make sure you set up your stat priorities correctly, accordingly to shadowcraft's preferred stat priority (in this case).

Hello. Why is there no explanation for the new statistic priority changes? It says Critical Strike is more valuable than mastery and versality, why is critical strike more valuable than a dps increase mechanic?

Guest Young Master Roshi

How do you get Instant poison?

Guest Jojoe

I've been following this guide to the 't', but my dps numbers aren't that great. I'm usually between 8-13 spot on the recount list in 25 man raids.

I've been following this guide to the 't', but my dps numbers aren't that great. I'm usually between 8-13 spot on the recount list in 25 man raids.

This isn't necessarily the guide's fault. :)

You can always ask for the help of the community in the appropriate sub-sections of the forum.

Hello. Why is there no explanation for the new statistic priority changes? It says Critical Strike is more valuable than mastery and versality, why is critical strike more valuable than a dps increase mechanic?

There isn't really any rational explanation behind stat priorities, it's mostly a case of how things look like in SimC. Since stats are usually pretty close in value, the smallest balance change in a patch can change the stat priority and this is what happened with Combat Rogues this time around.

Guest Gottastayfly-675ilvl

Confused why shadow step is such a better talent and you say cloak and dagger is useless the only difference is that shadow step has a 20 second cooldown its and extra button you have to hit and you dont have to be stealthed not a lot of fights requre constant movement and non should be longer than your glyphed vanish cd of 60 seconds that puts you right behind the target if you have cloak and daggers? just looking for some clarification im completely open minded to changin my talents around but that doesnt seem like the logical choice ??

Confused why shadow step is such a better talent and you say cloak and dagger is useless the only difference is that shadow step has a 20 second cooldown its and extra button you have to hit and you dont have to be stealthed not a lot of fights requre constant movement and non should be longer than your glyphed vanish cd of 60 seconds that puts you right behind the target if you have cloak and daggers? just looking for some clarification im completely open minded to changin my talents around but that doesnt seem like the logical choice ??

The Stealth requirement is important here. You can't guarantee that you'll be in Stealth every time you need to move (and nor should you time your Vanish usage around that). So, with Shadowstep, you always have a way to reposition yourself, not with Cloak and Dagger.

Sign in to follow this