FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Arcane Mage 6.2

guys noob question.

at the nuke phase were i use arcane power . i enter this phase with 4 stacks alredy of ab?

and after i enter do i just spam AB till i get to 50% mana use evo and back to normal rotation

?

thanks

It's a bit more complicated than that! For more info check my guide at the Icy VEins forums!

Guest Sparklytoots

Hello,

In 3.5 on the Rotation Page, you use temporal cryatal (the enchanting mat) rather than prismatic crystal (teir 7 talent) thought you oughta know.

Guest Batar

i don't see the everburning candle on the BiS list, on use is poor, but usable. The static int however is crazy and should place it fairly high on the list. 

Hello,

In 3.5 on the Rotation Page, you use temporal cryatal (the enchanting mat) rather than prismatic crystal (teir 7 talent) thought you oughta know.

Thank you! I guess I have written too many guides and am losing my sanity ;p

i don't see the everburning candle on the BiS list, on use is poor, but usable. The static int however is crazy and should place it fairly high on the list.

This is not a BiS list, items are ranked by item level and then alphabetical order (this is explained at the beginning of the section).

Btw Damien I know this is very very minor, but it;s 6.0.3 now smile.png

Yeah, let me change that!

Hello, have you done any tries on stacking multistrike and crit to the max instead of mastery and haste? since u can do a burn phase 50% of the time with the low cd on evocation
also why stop burn phase at 50% mana? im guessing u would have atleast 10sec left on arcane power by then

Concerning stat priorities and Mr. Robot: 

Is there a resource that explains the proportionate value of our different stats? I read in an earlier post in this thread that "intellect is not twice as powerful as a secondary stat." But what exactly are the proportions? How does mastery stack against, say, crit? Do I want a relatively balanced range of secondary stats, or should I always choose mastery over crit, all other things being equal? 

I am prompted because I used Mr. Robot for the first time this morning. Some of the results surprised me. For example, it had me replacing a 630 mastery and haste staff (Crystalfire Staff) with a 630 Multistrike, Haste, and Speed staff (Portal- Ripper Staff). There were a few cases where it had me abandon a mastery item for a crit item, and crit over haste or multistrike in some cases. 

In other cases, I had held on to a 615 mastery shoe rather than replacing it with a 630 multistrike-versatility shoe, but that doesn't seem as problematic to the staff example. 

To be a bit more specific: Mr. Robot's changes ultimately resulted in +126 intellect, -6.7% mastery, +.97% mastery, +1.03 vers, +.5 crit, +.089 haste. From that picture, I can see that the boost in intellect is considerable. But many of the item switches resulted in no change of intellect (such as the staff) but cut down on mastery. In the case of the staff, the original had 113 mastery and 108 haste, and the new one had 121 haste, 95 multistrike, and 95 movement speed. Everything else was identical...other than the name and weapon speed. 

Conatia-SistersofElune

Edited by Conatus

Basically calculating stat weights (a.k.a how much each stat is worth) is generally done through simcraft by artificially increasing one stat and comparing the damage outcome with the previous one.
Example: Mastery = 900 then dps = 1000, Artificially increase mastery by 200 then dps gets to 1050 (this is absolute bullshit just giving an example).
By comparing the relative outcome you can get the stat weights.

Can someone fix the tooltips for arcane charge? It's listing as one of the Twin Ogron abilities. A few other tooltips on this page might be a little 'off' as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Can someone fix the tooltips for arcane charge? It's listing as one of the Twin Ogron abilities. A few other tooltips on this page might be a little 'off' as well, if I'm not mistaken.

The tooltip for Arcane Charge was fixed a few days ago. What else is "off"?

Guest Sawbossnl

With 655 mastery multi gear and multi crit is arcane better or frost ? :) still gearing tho as i pass on most items for my guildys im kinda lowest geared onenin the guild but i still wonder if i gotta practise for arcane if i get more gear as i think ill go skyhigh the next few weeks with gear as we doing mythic progress and hc farming and almost no 1 needs hc gear annymore so ill prob be 670 soon then i wonder shall i stay arcane frost or fire arcane as the gear for arcane fire is almost the same

With 655 mastery multi gear and multi crit is arcane better or frost ? smile.png still gearing tho as i pass on most items for my guildys im kinda lowest geared onenin the guild but i still wonder if i gotta practise for arcane if i get more gear as i think ill go skyhigh the next few weeks with gear as we doing mythic progress and hc farming and almost no 1 needs hc gear annymore so ill prob be 670 soon then i wonder shall i stay arcane frost or fire arcane as the gear for arcane fire is almost the same

You should download SimulationCraft and run it on your character.

Damien, the other thing that is 'off' is the tooltip for Arcane Power/Improved Arcane Power. The WoWDB entry has Improved Evocation as the title of the perk modifying the ability.

Wowhead has the correct 'matchup' of Arcane Power with its perk (the ability to quote and link does not seem to be working for me today on the forums; my apologies).

Damien, the other thing that is 'off' is the tooltip for Arcane Power/Improved Arcane Power. The WoWDB entry has Improved Evocation as the title of the perk modifying the ability.

Wowhead has the correct 'matchup' of Arcane Power with its perk (the ability to quote and link does not seem to be working for me today on the forums; my apologies).

I sent an e-mail to the WowDB people. This should be fixed soon smile.png

Guest Dthehunter

Hello, 

In the guide at the part of the arcane charge system there is not the mention about nether tempest also getting increased by the charges. In the 1st part of the section (the conserve part) you mentioned it.

Guest Dthehunter

Question, is it still that evocation removes the arcane charge stacks? as during my LFR i did today it actually did happen. Thanks in advance

Guest Drenh

Is arcane power glyph worth it? seeing that every cd and t17 t2 line up so great together

Sign in to follow this