FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nuadria

Priest Sandbox

I was on Mannoroth (thanks x-realm) for a while, then on KT for the rest (home server). Took 19 hours yesterday because of all of the server problems but I'm 100. Hopefully I'll be able to grind out gear and what not today + this weekend when the servers come back up.

Currently about to leave work and not looking forward to what I'm about to try to log into.

This has been a right shambles.

I remember issues at MoP but still managed 38hrs straight was leveled and Heroic dungeon geared.

WoD seems to actually stand for Waits Or Dc's.....

Add me to the list.  All characters not found, after I finally beat the Blue Bar boss

Hey all,

Finally decided to go ahead and stop lurking.

I'm Brian, 32, played a dwarf priest back in vanilla dwarven, back when fear ward was a racial trait.  Raided through MC/BWL a few times, but never killed Nefarian.../sigh

Played off and on, missed most of the BC content as I was in Iraq when that was out, but got back into game around WotLK and then left again shortly before we took down the king.

Missed most of Cata due to being in Iraq again, and came back shortly before MoP was out but rerolled a horde then. 

Took another break right as MoP came out and came back about three months ago, due to a coworker talking me into coming back.  So started a new human priest on his server, and well, got my legendary cloak two days before WoD came out. 

Really enjoy raiding although I work nights on a week on/off schedule and I also live in Alaska....So far digging the WoD content but due to Q's of hours and World not found.... have not gotten as far as I would like.

Anyway

/wave

• Like 1

Welcome former lurker!  I believe we start that way. lol   I also believe a happy belated Veterans Day is in order.

Glad you've been able to get on long enough to enjoy WoD.  Most of us it seems, as I lurk the other class forums, are not having much luck getting or staying on long enough to really dig in.

Again, welcome and look forward to seeing you post and to get your thoughts on raiding when it launches, even if it is just on a Normal and/or Heroic capacity.  I do see some day time guilds recruiting on the forums if you ever do want to experience Mythic progression.

How are people leveling up so quickly? It took me around 8-9 hours just to completely get through Frostfire ridge, and i have completed 1/4 chapters of gorgrond. It might be because I am leveling as a paladin tank, but even so, I pull enemies into groups of 5-6 at the same time. Any tips?

Handynotes addon.

Do all the bonus objectives and collect all the treasures. The handy notes addon puts an icon on your map and sometimes a small description of location. ie "in cave by rock".

How are people leveling up so quickly? It took me around 8-9 hours just to completely get through Frostfire ridge, and i have completed 1/4 chapters of gorgrond. It might be because I am leveling as a paladin tank, but even so, I pull enemies into groups of 5-6 at the same time. Any tips?

Bonus objectives! And treasures!

Bonus objectives is roughly 70-85k depending on level for a relatively fast mission. It's the equivalent of several quests. Treasures give 10k~ per treasure and take very little time to open and there are literally hundreds of them.

• Like 1

I do every bonus objective I find; I even skipped past frostfire ridge once i hit level 92 and completed 4/6 of the chapters there, and I made sure to do every bonus objective there, and to get the achievement for it to mark it. I'm doing the same thing in Gorgrond, but I was previously unaware of Draenor treasures. Through using Handynotes, it'll tell me where certain treasures are within the zone I'm in?

I made this mistake as I went through Shadowmoon... after the 3rd quest hub, I knew I made a mistake somewhere but was too afraid of the Blue Bar Boss of Death to try and figure out where I went wrong!

Where the hell is my Void Shift! That button has been replaced with Confessions to remind me to punch something.

• Like 3

Everburning candle just got buffed to 20914 mana per use.

That's (20914/24/2.061)=422.8 spirit.

That makes it the highest int/spirit trinket in the game currently.

The closest is the Ironspike Chew Toy from Mythic Darmac in BRF at 251 int and 455.4 spirit. But note that trinket is 30 item levels higher and still has 83 int less.

• Like 2

The above is from butcher which admittedly is just ridiculous for PWS spam, all those bleeds :D.

I think my average is about 50% but I'd have to check when I get home.

Is it still the best to stack crit, or mastery? Or a mix of crit/mastery? I previously stacked crit when patch 6.0.2 hit before WoD was released, until my disc priest sat around 36% unbuffed crit, at an ilevel of 550. I'm curious, based on other disc priest experience in raiding, if crit or mastery, or a mix of both is better to have.