FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stressful

Warlock WOD Professions & Garrisons

Everything in my garrison with exception to Lumber Mill (which I plan to flip for an inn and then barn) are level two.  Resources are starting to flow a lot better now that all the main upgrades are done for a while and I can start to funnel more towards my missions and Bunker.

I got my Leroy last night and was lucky enough for him to get the 200% mission rewards trait, sent him on a 100 resource mission and got 300 in return. May allow me to flip my LM sooner than I had planned.  I am going to keep it until Monday night, replace with an Inn to do this week and next weeks follower quest.... then go barn on Tues for the next 13 days until its time to flip inn again.

I actually sent Blizzard a ticket in apologizing to them for my vocal and public ranting about how much attention they were putting into Garrisons and not class balance.  If my career blows up and I can't raid anymore, I'm going to be my guild's supplier and be able to generate them anything and everything from 6 characters' garrisons.  It's insanely addicting and really fun to manage for me.

On a side note, I'd REALLY appreciate some class balance coming in.  Hunters pooping on us with equal or lesser gear, Shadow Priests being worth 60% of a Warlock, Gladiators and Windwalkers being clear outliers - I'm talking REAL data, not simcraft.  So far, everything Simcraft has shown has been accurate in my experience.  I tip my hat to Gahhda and the rest of that team - they nailed it this expac. 

• Like 1

I was a little late this morning and didn't have time to log in and collect all my resource goodies!  Have to go out thuis evening after work and wont be home till later... man I can not WAIT to open all those work orders! haha...  I dig garrisons a lot right now.

I mean, how awesome is it in an MMO to have this refuge of privacy and quiet with just about everything you need?

One of the cooler moments so far for me was when I invited a friend to group for heroics, and next thing I know he's in my Garrison talking about how cool my buildings look.  awesome!

I'm building an Excel sheet that will help you track all of your daily requirements, maximum yields, etc.  All you have to do is use a drop down menu for which buildings you have and the rest will auto-populate.  I'm pretty excited about it.

• Like 1

I float.  I'm doomed.  But I am pretty persuasive.  I believe I could talk my way out. 

• Like 1

I'm building an Excel sheet that will help you track all of your daily requirements, maximum yields, etc.  All you have to do is use a drop down menu for which buildings you have and the rest will auto-populate.  I'm pretty excited about it.

Awesome! Is it done yet? tongue.png

Close.  Lots of linking and pulling to make sure it's foolproof.  I want it to be a tool a 65 year old granny could look at and be like "how do I use my Barn?" and the spreadsheet answers here.  It should be done today.  I have the WVU - Kansas State game tonight, so I might not be able to post it until tomorrow.

Close.  Lots of linking and pulling to make sure it's foolproof.  I want it to be a tool a 65 year old granny could look at and be like "how do I use my Barn?" and the spreadsheet answers here.  It should be done today.  I have the WVU - Kansas State game tonight, so I might not be able to post it until tomorrow.

i shall buy 3

couple questions...how do you know progress on leveling buildings? i thought the only way to level a building was by buying those books?

also...is there any value in herbing/mining as a profession? I used to make bank farming for hours on an alt. just doesnt seem nearly as profitable anymore.

Edited by vaeevictiss

also...is there any value in herbing/mining as a profession? I used to make bank farming for hours on an alt. just doesnt seem nearly as profitable anymore.

Depends on your server. Zag and I are on Mal'ganis - a very large and totally horde sided server with a HUGE raiding community. For us True Iron goes for 30-50s per, Black Rock Iron for even less. Herbs range from 1g - 7g depending on the herb and time of day. Gorgrond Flytrap command the best price at 16-21g per since it is used by tailors also (*long rant about what a stupid idea making tailors use herbs is*)

For us the real money is in fish. Lots and lots of fish.

I've made about 100k since launch on fish. Both selling the fish raw and making it in int pots and selling those.

TL;DR - Depends on server, but for me mining is dead. Herbing can still flip some coin. Fishing will make you bank.

• Like 1

couple questions...how do you know progress on leveling buildings? i thought the only way to level a building was by buying those books?

There is 0 value in herbing and mining as professions now.  No perks, and Garrisons give you access to all you'd need to be self-sufficient for professions.  However, Herbalism has some stock since your alts can't get to 96 as easy as they can get to 92 for the Herb Garden.  Also, flasks and potions will cost you big if you don't make them yourself.  Herbalism also has some value helping you build your first Darkmoon Deck. 

Progress on buildings is done by tracking achievements.  Icy-Veins has a FANTASTIC Garrison guide that I've referenced a few times.  Check it here: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/garrison-how-to-unlock-all-buildings

Stupid football game (we lost 26-20) interfered with my Shaman leveling to get her to 96 for an Herb Garden.  Even worse - Smash Bros for the Wii U dropped last night - I'm so conflicted!  I gotta get my Pikachu/Fox game back up in shape.  I'll be posting my spreadsheet this evening for sure - hopefully it helps people. 

Even worse - Smash Bros for the Wii U dropped last night - I'm so conflicted!  I gotta get my Pikachu/Fox game back up in shape.

Don't forget Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire are out today as well.

Stupid November giving us too much stuff.  Anyways, spreadsheet is done - but I did it in Excel 2010 which isn't converting well to 2013 with the links, groupings, etc. that I did.  I'm going to move it into a Googledoc tonight and reformat it.  Here are some screenshots of what I envision the google doc will eventually look like:

Intro page: l6xVioF.png

Selecting Warlock: 6ZkjYgf.png

Paladin and Shaman: aKgezon.png

First 3 Toons: UGSDI5Q.png

The way I have it set up is you just click a little grouping symbol on the left and it opens up that character's tracking sheet.  All you have to do is change the "type" of building and modify the tier to what you have and the rest of the sheet will automatically populate.  You'll see your total daily work order material requirements, daily maximum yield, and maximum yield with a helper.  This helps me tremendously as I know exactly what I need to have all work orders over the weekend.  So let's say I get drunk and play Smash Brothers all weekend - I can just add up how many Cerulean Pigments I need for my DK, Shaman, and Paladin, add up the total herbs, ore, fur, meat, etc and have it ready tonight for the whole weekend.  This isn't going to be useful for non-altoholics, but I think it might serve some use.  Let me know if you guys like what you see.  I should be able to format and populate it tonight (I can't do Googledocs at work -_-)

• Like 1

Last night I got my 3rd alt to lvl 2 garrison and my 4th alt to his garrison.  My army is coming together!

Once you get down the needed quest line, getting a level 2 garrison takes a bit over an hour.  Heck my last toon was barely lvl 91 when I got it up and running.

any reason to go above lvl 2 on alts?

MOAR PLOTS!  More plots = more buildings = more resources = more money.  Garrisons are heavily lucrative if you know what you're doing.

• Like 1