FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

I'm curious where you got this information because I just tried it and it worked fine.

I noticed this in yesterday's raid. I feel silly now, I want to to double check, but can't log in the game for some reason. I'll get back to you. 

EDIT: Well, I have tested it. Here's how it is: Sniper Traning will consider you running even under effects of Aspect of the Fox, unless you stop for a split-second after activating it. 

So to maximize ST uptime, you have to either activate AotF while immobile, or stop for a brief moment after activating AotF on the run.

This probably is an unintended bug, so if you could communicate that to Blizzard somehow, that would be awesome. 

Edited by Iridar
  • Like 1

I noticed this in yesterday's raid. I feel silly now, I want to to double check, but can't log in the game for some reason. I'll get back to you. 

EDIT: Well, I have tested it. Here's how it is: Sniper Traning will consider you running even under effects of Aspect of the Fox, unless you stop for a split-second after activating it. 

So to maximize ST uptime, you have to either activate AotF while immobile, or stop for a brief moment after activating AotF on the run.

This probably is an unintended bug, so if you could communicate that to Blizzard somehow, that would be awesome. 

I'll try and let them know at Blizzcon if I can. If not, I'll spam Celestalon until he decides to reply.

• Like 2

Hello Niix! Great job and I'm really looking foreward to your youtube vids!

One question arose in my head: how come you came up with a different stat priority then the EJ guys?

(http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/132765-wod-marksmanship-60/)

Maybe I just missed something. A softcap of some sort?

Thanks!

The only thing that's different in that guide is that he makes haste >= versatility. Other than that it's basically exactly the same. I have to re-sim EVERYTHING in this guide before Thursday so please take everything with a grain of salt at this point because it's likely incorrect.

So this is gonna take a bit past the xpac release to be finished but it will be done well before you all will be raiding. I apologize in advance to everyone that this inconveniences but once it's finished it will be very very thorough.

• Like 2

So this is gonna take a bit past the xpac release to be finished but it will be done well before you all will be raiding. I apologize in advance to everyone that this inconveniences but once it's finished it will be very very thorough.

I'd rather it be done good than done hastily.  Take your time to make sure everything is 110% true.

• Like 2

Got 3 weeks until raiding is even possible, no rush :)

why are dps worgen and night elf day different?

Margin of error is 30 DPS. SimC has a slight variation. They are for all intents and purposes equal.

why did u remove the enchants and gemming niix from the post?it was sooo usefull..

will u re-do it again? biggrin.png

Edited by Spukie

why did u remove the enchants and gemming niix from the post?it was sooo usefull..

will u re-do it again? biggrin.png

Read a few posts up, Niix states that he is re-doing everything, but that it will take some time.  Have some faith and be patient, it will be there before raids start.  Gems and enchants have been simplified to an extreme almost, with there now only being one type of gem with different cuts giving different secondary stats.  There will also be fewer enchant slots, but I don't know as much about these as I do the gems, so I don't know if the enchants are primarily secondary stats or if there will be primary stats on some (I would guess however that they are secondary only just from looking at AMR's WoD previews).

So today once again TotH didn't proc for me when I needed it the most - under 3 RFs and BL. The fight was relatively short, so I'm sure if it was longer it would eventually even out, but I'm really starting to question TotH's usability in raids. It's just too damn unpredictable.

I guess we could delay using RF until TotH procs, but that may take a really long time and eventually be a DPS loss against SF.

So today once again TotH didn't proc for me when I needed it the most - under 3 RFs and BL. The fight was relatively short, so I'm sure if it was longer it would eventually even out, but I'm really starting to question TotH's usability in raids. It's just too damn unpredictable.

I guess we could delay using RF until TotH procs, but that may take a really long time and eventually be a DPS loss against SF.

To be fair, you dont have two perks (Aimed Crits restore Focus and Focus cap = 120) yet, which both greatly increase the number of Aimed Shots you can get off and thus the proc rate of ToTH.  You'll have ~ three weeks to test them both on dummies once you hit lvl 100 and see which you prefer :)

• Like 1

To be fair, you dont have two perks (Aimed Crits restore Focus and Focus cap = 120) yet, which both greatly increase the number of Aimed Shots you can get off and thus the proc rate of ToTH.  You'll have ~ three weeks to test them both on dummies once you hit lvl 100 and see which you prefer smile.png

Good point, though I really hope SF gets buffed to be the raiding talent, while TotH remains leveling/soloing/PvP talent it was in MoP. It would make sense.

Ideally it would once again give Haste, as our casts will be painfully long at the start of the xpac.

Edited by Iridar

Good point, though I really hope SF gets buffed to be the raiding talent, while TotH remains leveling/soloing/PvP talent it was in MoP.

I would prefer if they made SF passive for MM only and brought back Fervor.  As it stands, none of the talents in that tier are very good for AoE (ToTH never procs when MS costs next to nothing, SF makes you stop AoEing for 3-4 seconds, and Dire Beast doesnt regen enough Focus), which Fervor was amazing for, if you planned it correctly.  Fervor also added a little bit of strategy to the rotation, where you could delay it slightly if you knew a burn phase or temp buff was coming.

• Like 1

I would prefer if they made SF passive for MM only and brought back Fervor.  As it stands, none of the talents in that tier are very good for AoE (ToTH never procs when MS costs next to nothing, SF makes you stop AoEing for 3-4 seconds, and Dire Beast doesnt regen enough Focus), which Fervor was amazing for, if you planned it correctly.  Fervor also added a little bit of strategy to the rotation, where you could delay it slightly if you knew a burn phase or temp buff was coming.

Agreed. Fervor was actually the only talent from that tier I liked raiding with. 

Alright so with the xpac literally around the corner I figure I'll update everyone on what I plan on doing when it drops. I'll be streaming from 2am EST til whenever my hunter and monk are 100.

Agreed. Fervor was actually the only talent from that tier I liked raiding with. 

You have no idea how much I want fervor back as a talent.  Or how much I want half of the MM changes reverted (Piercing Shots, Improved Steady Shot, Master Marksman).  There is quite literally NOTHING to react to (TotH you don't always use, and can often overwrite, so I don't really count it here) and 0 buffs/DoTs to keep up.  The only adjustment we will have to make to our rotation is using Aimed Shot vs Steady Shot when Aimed Shot Crits.  Focus management isn't hard, and this doesn't add much depth to it, if any.

You have no idea how much I want fervor back as a talent.  Or how much I want half of the MM changes reverted (Piercing Shots, Improved Steady Shot, Master Marksman).  There is quite literally NOTHING to react to (TotH you don't always use, and can often overwrite, so I don't really count it here) and 0 buffs/DoTs to keep up.  The only adjustment we will have to make to our rotation is using Aimed Shot vs Steady Shot when Aimed Shot Crits.  Focus management isn't hard, and this doesn't add much depth to it, if any.

I was SO excited when, at first, Piercing Shots was both still in 6.0 AND there was a perk where MS would apply Piercing Shots to every target it crit.  "Finally", I thought, "MM can have a semi-decent AoE rotation".  That didn't last long.

Make SF baseline to give incentive for strategic use of Steady Shot, give us Fervor both for a more-interesting talent choice and on-demand AoE (which we lack outside of Barrage), and, while we're at it, bring back Volley and make it non-channeled like Destruction's Rain of Fire.

Edited by Atrais
  • Like 1

I don't get what's so good about piercing shots. It did only two things, none of them useful or interesting:

1) Inflate crit rating, making it even more desirable. Not that this mattered, since crit was a top stat anyway.

2) Deflate the damage we do to targets that die before piercing shots' full effect. 

Direct damage is better than damage over time. If we do the same DPS either way, I'd prefer to have direct damage rather then part direct and part DoT. 

2) Deflate the damage we do to targets that die before piercing shots' full effect. 

Direct damage is better than damage over time. If we do the same DPS either way, I'd prefer to have direct damage rather then part direct and part DoT. 

If you think about it, that is what Serpent Sting does for SV right now.  As for how much damage it was doing, it was roughly 8% of my overall damage/DPS in 5.4.8, which was a pretty good chunk.  If the perk that made MS apply Piercing Shots stayed, MM AoE would actually be worth something, and SV AoE is quite literally the same thing with Serpent Sting. 

If you think about it, that is what Serpent Sting does for SV right now.  As for how much damage it was doing, it was roughly 8% of my overall damage/DPS in 5.4.8, which was a pretty good chunk.  If the perk that made MS apply Piercing Shots stayed, MM AoE would actually be worth something, and SV AoE is quite literally the same thing with Serpent Sting. 

So? Again, what's good about it? If our AOE is underwhelming it means MS should be buffed, not boring passive brought back. 

Numbers is what important. If taking a certain passive reduces damage, then remaining abilities should be buffed accordingly, all there is to it. You're saying "we lost piercing shots" like we didn't gain anything in return. 

Edited by Iridar