FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwenymph

Heroics and Challenge Modes

Did CM iron docks last night as holy, 606 item level, and dps trinkets because apparently there are no healing trinkets in draenor. Pretty tough, but manageable, 1st and 2nd bosses were worst by far, the rest wasn't bad. Imagine it would be far easier with 630 ilvl.

LOL@ trinkets.. yes!  Trinks and shoulders were last for me.  I can definitely say it got easier when I hit the 630ilvl between me and my tanks and picking up 2 static Spirit trinks.  That first boss gave us the most fits.  The vid I'll post later was a run that we tried a Gron first approach on the last encounter and it did not go well at all.  Gron last was the easiest to heal for our make-up.

Grats on completing it in Holy at 606 though! 

Having some issues with the Iron Docks video.  Will work on it more tonight.  In the mean time here is a Burial Grounds CM run.... downside the audio music is too loud and the voice during boss encounters are a little low.  I will fix the audio on it tonight before I get into working out the bugs w/ Iron Docks CM.  In the mean time, prepare to increase your volume when the bosses are pulled.  Thanks for your patience.

• Like 1

I'll be banging my head against Skyreach Challenge Mode again tonight.  If you want to tune in.  We'll be starting between 6-630est.   So if you want to see me pull my hair out at the second boss..... yea..

I'm wondering if anyone has played around with the level 100 talents? I have been having a hard time healing tanks up, throwing everything I have. Then I changed into saving grace, the weird thing is, it works. 

I think it could be useful, near the end of a lot of fights I oom and a big efficient heal might save the tank in the last bit of the fight. That said, I switched to the Pom spam with divine light and words of mending, it's fun, and the free Pom isn't bad, but not sure how effective it is. It's unfortunate that our 90 and 100 talents are so lackluster.

I havent tried Saving Grace yet but I will say that I am using CoW way more than I am WoM.  I will be interesting in the coming month to see how the L100 play out in raids and not just 5mans.

Still cannot get the video working for Iron Docks CM.  I'm prob just going to scrap it and record another version of it.  Until then, here is Skyreach CM for now.

I'm going to delay the adding music for the time being.  Just know that all the encounters include our voice comm for positioning CD's etc.

Enjoy another Disc CM.

Majorly unsuccessful ubrs run last night as holy, that tank damage on Kyrak, whooboy. Your positioning trick on the first boss will be nice, I was spamming my face off with all 5 on the platform and barely pulled through. Got late and quit at the 3rd boss, I think disc will be better for cm's, holy can't keep up with the tank damage well enough seems like, and you don't even have time to keep renews rolling, not that it would matter if you could with the damage in challenge. What do you use for party frames? I can't seem to get corner icons with duration working in grid.

Majorly unsuccessful ubrs run last night as holy, that tank damage on Kyrak, whooboy. Your positioning trick on the first boss will be nice, I was spamming my face off with all 5 on the platform and barely pulled through. Got late and quit at the 3rd boss, I think disc will be better for cm's, holy can't keep up with the tank damage well enough seems like, and you don't even have time to keep renews rolling, not that it would matter if you could with the damage in challenge. What do you use for party frames? I can't seem to get corner icons with duration working in grid.

I normally swap between Healbot and Vuhdo but so far w/ a new author(I believe) of vuhdo, I find that I have to make less augmentations to Healbot so that is what is in all my vids so far this tier.

Did ubrs last night disc mostly, and had to swap to holy for zaela. the movement made it almost impossible for me to heal as disc on that fight lol. 

Yes, Zaela was tough and it is exponentially harder if you have party member who are slow to see where the dragon breath is coming from.....  I mean they line up at least 5 seconds before they breath C'MON MAN!

Did UBRS tonight, didn't get passed Kyrak lol. That tank damage!! I mean come on, my tank was dying through basically unhealable damage even with pain suppression up. I even gave him max stacks of CoW and a PW:S before the start.

I have no idea how to heal that fight. Maybe the tank sucked? IDK. But the cleave that the adds do does 90k a swipe. That hurts really really bad.

Successful UBRS run as disc, which seems to be worlds easier to do CM's as. Zaela was pretty hairy, but I'm not sure it would be any easier as holy, that tank damage is pretty heavy, its more just reliant on people keeping their heads on a swivel and not getting caught in flame breath. I found Kyrak to be a total joke as disc this time around, perfect counter to the single target damage. Having a DK tank with army of the dead was pretty big though, usually lasts long enough to burn down one of the adds with hero. We also had a DPS stand up top on the ledge to reduce the crowding and pool spam. If you don't burn the adds down before the tank cds and your cds are up though youre probably dead.

Hmmm, I find Kyrak to be the easiest boss to heal, at least for me. The 2 times I completed I had a warrior tank, if that makes a diff.

Did ubrs as disc again last night, and swapped to holy again for zaela. I find fhe boss more manageable as that spec.

@Anathesia - what comp did you run with?

Did UBRS tonight, didn't get passed Kyrak lol. That tank damage!! I mean come on, my tank was dying through basically unhealable damage even with pain suppression up. I even gave him max stacks of CoW and a PW:S before the start.

I have no idea how to heal that fight. Maybe the tank sucked? IDK. But the cleave that the adds do does 90k a swipe. That hurts really really bad.

At the start of that fight my tank chains every one of his CDs.  And if a dps gets focused we let him kite the boss away while I catch up on health bars.  Then when you are ready, interrupt the Focus and let him return to your tank.  If you get luck and a dps is focused first you can get both adds down before the boss returns or at least right as he is coming back you can finish off the second add.

The Hotfix to UBRS CM 1st boss has a changed to strat instead of standing on the devices we now sent one person w/ a dmg reduction CD around to lock them all.  We went in with 3 new dps just to get a kill vid of the strat in motion.  It is sloppy but the mechanics are there.

Hope it helps all the /w that the hotfix broke the strat!  lmao  We were aware.

The Hotfix to UBRS CM 1st boss has a changed to strat instead of standing on the devices we now sent one person w/ a dmg reduction CD around to lock them all.  We went in with 3 new dps just to get a kill vid of the strat in motion.  It is sloppy but the mechanics are there.

Hope it helps all the /w that the hotfix broke the strat!  lmao  We were aware.

We found it REALLY easy once we had all the ranged stack on top of the boxes in one of the corners of the room. The only thing you get hit by is the pulses from the boss during the trap phase. We had our 2 melee run down and open up all of the traps with speed boosts from feathers.

• Like 1

We found it REALLY easy once we had all the ranged stack on top of the boxes in one of the corners of the room. The only thing you get hit by is the pulses from the boss during the trap phase. We had our 2 melee run down and open up all of the traps with speed boosts from feathers.

Thank you!  Someone referenced it on Twitter but didn't say where they stacked. thanks, I'll take a loot at it tonight!