FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Paulbhyden

> 80% Dps rotation

I'm maintaining around 1 7-10 dps depending on boss fight. I've seen a few hunters with similar gear pull around 20k. My mastery up time is a little low due to flamethrower usage and other high movement fights, I am working on my movement now but wouldn't think that would be the cause of 2k dps loss. Was just wondering if someone could post mm hunter rotation from boss pull to boss death. Thank you.

Here is a picture of the MM opener / rotation section of my guide pinned at the top of the page.

0Eo73lE.png

Read the stickies: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/7530-warlords-of-draenor-all-inclusive-hunter-guide/

Personally, I open up with pre-casting Aimed shot, then go into using Chimaera Shot and AMoC, then Rapid Fire, Steady Shot (x2 if TotH doesn't proc) and then Aimed Shot spam.  After that it's a simple cycle of keeping enough focus for Chimaera Shot on cd and using GT (or barrage in AoE situations) and Aimed as focus dumps.

What is an ideal amount of crit I should have as well I know 40% is the goal, just all my gear seems to have haste mastery or even versatility.

As much as possible, crit doesn't lose too much value after 40%.

Edited by Orthios

I'm maintaining around 1 7-10 dps depending on boss fight. I've seen a few hunters with similar gear pull around 20k. My mastery up time is a little low due to flamethrower usage and other high movement fights, I am working on my movement now but wouldn't think that would be the cause of 2k dps loss. Was just wondering if someone could post mm hunter rotation from boss pull to boss death. Thank you.

If you have a log of the fight, we could have a look.  I am assuming you meant you are doing 17-18 depending on the fight?

What is an ideal amount of crit I should have as well I know 40% is the goal, just all my gear seems to have haste mastery or even versatility.

This is the stat priority section of the guide.

MzkCgGp.png

Honestly, pulling 17-18K while doing flamethrowers is probably pretty good, you lose a good chunk of uptime having to burn that damn green slime

Honestly, pulling 17-18K while doing flamethrowers is probably pretty good, you lose a good chunk of uptime having to burn that damn green slime

Yeah I would do about 19-20 and I'm geared out the ass so 17-18k is reasonable to be honest.

QMaXG2J.png

Granted, that's at a 654 ilvl.  For reference, I did ~20k dps at a 636 ilvl (and got a trinket out of it also :))

Granted, that's at a 654 ilvl.  For reference, I did ~20k dps at a 636 ilvl (and got a trinket out of it also smile.png)

Yeah, I was just short of 21k at 645, and based on your armory, Paulbhyden, you are 649, so I would say a good DPS would be 20-22K DPS

Yea my stats on my gear just suck so bad I believe I'm at 28% crit, which ain't to bad. Can I do 20-22k with my gear now?

Here you go, keep in mind I am 650 after getting my bow last night and crafting my 655 goggle this morning

Armory

You can PM me in-gmae if you want too, Atheus#1413

Raided last night made some improvements managed to stay around 18-19k. Still can't get over that 20k hump tho. Would you say ilvl trumps all stats until mythic. It seems like most of the hunter secondary stats are fairly close together.

Raided last night made some improvements managed to stay around 18-19k. Still can't get over that 20k hump tho. Would you say ilvl trumps all stats until mythic. It seems like most of the hunter secondary stats are fairly close together.

Check out my guide, download the addon pawn and import the weights that I use. It will allow you to compare pieces simply by mousing over them, it will tell you if it's an upgrade or not.

• Like 1

DId you manage to get a log yet? Based on your gear, 20K should be more than do-able, its probably some slight tweaking in your rotation needed to get you over that hump.