FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlocks - Where we stand after tuning

I compare myself to other locks with logs and how high I am on the parses.  It is an easy way to see where I stand.  Same goes for seeing how an entire spec plays against the others.  I'm still good for locks but that doesn't say much anymore according to the logs.  We aren't in MoP anymore boys. I'm glad I was too particular when my guild had lock apps because now we have just me and 3 hunters.

Comparing yourself to a small window of raiders, particularly underwhelming raiders, isn't an ideal way to claim that Warlocks are not that bad.  On Normal Tectus, your top DPS would have been 15th place in my group.  You, at 19k, wouldn't have been anywhere close to 2nd place. 

Same goes with your other kills.  Most guilds that are killing stuff are well over 20k DPS while your group barely has 1, maybe 2 DPS.  You're one of the better players in your group, but you're much closer to your skill cap than the rest of your teammates.

• Like 1

Comparing yourself to bad players may be self-satisfying, but is not a good way to check if a class is underperforming.

what ilevel is that at? this is my brackenspore parse this weekend and im nowhere near that and i feel i did decent. I was only a 630 ilevel though...and stuck with some shitty 604 green trinket.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bP2NfvWmDjpZTXLr#fight=30&type=damage-done&source=14&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24resources%240%24109628058.0.0.Warlock%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240%24114

im sure the mop pots didnt help either lol. all i had though, i got a shitload draenic ones ready for this weekend.

Edited by vaeevictiss

Talking about switching mains because you cant be number one on the meter is just a sign of absolute weakness.

Few are talking about switching because we're not number 1.  We just prefer to not have our best spec be in the bottom third of specs across the board.  You can analyze opinions and attitudes all you want, but the data tells the true story. 

• Like 2

Its not about being #1, but being useful to progression for your raid. Would your raid rather bring an 18-20k dps class or a 26-27k dps...

when the math is completely against you, there isnt much to do.

• Like 2

Well if you're in a guild competing for firsts then you're going to play what squeezes out the most dps, which is why every lock and their mother played affliction for HoF/ToES, demo for ToT, and destruction for SoO-almost exclusively. When ALL three of the specs your class has to offer (with little utility) are in the bottom 5 specs over all and your guild needs more deeps and Scotty's giving it all she's got, you may be faced with a decision of do I want to play my class because I love it, or are you pulled by a call of duty to do more deeps since you can only dps with the numbers blizz uses and not more. Also the whole reason theirs so many locks right now in the first place is because of players' "absolute weakness" with other classes in MoP.

• Like 1

I dont care about the data. But if you feel you are hindering your guilds progress please go ahead and switch main.

You don't care about the data......... About the cold hard facts of this is where X calss/spec stands in the grand scheme of things and how that class/spec compares to the rest......

• Like 1

Data is the best way to evaluate how classes and specs are performing.  Most of us are sticking to our guns - at this point, regearing up and releveling is too much of a pain the ass.  Most people who are switching will be behind their group for a while, but if Warlocks aren't retuned a bit, it won't take them long to pass up their mains.

• Like 2

Well if you're in a guild competing for firsts then you're going to play what squeezes out the most dps, which is why every lock and their mother played affliction for HoF/ToES, demo for ToT, and destruction for SoO-almost exclusively. When ALL three of the specs your class has to offer (with little utility) are in the bottom 5 specs over all and your guild needs more deeps and Scotty's giving it all she's got, you may be faced with a decision of do I want to play my class because I love it, or are you pulled by a call of duty to do more deeps since you can only dps with the numbers blizz uses and not more. Also the whole reason theirs so many locks right now in the first place is because of players' "absolute weakness" with other classes in MoP.

Could you explain what "absolute weakness" means? I´m not a native speaker and a quick google and urbandictionary search did not provide a sufficient answer. 

B2T: My guildies also don´t understand why our other wl and myself demand some wl love from blizz, when we are normally in the Top 10 and regularly in the Top 5 for our fights. I mentioned that they should just extrapolate the 100% ranking dps per fight and per spec from our logs to see the real picture.

Data is the best way to evaluate how classes and specs are performing.  Most of us are sticking to our guns - at this point, regearing up and releveling is too much of a pain the ass.  Most people who are switching will be behind their group for a while, but if Warlocks aren't retuned a bit, it won't take them long to pass up their mains.

What he said wink.png

Could you explain what "absolute weakness" means?

Talking about switching mains because you cant be number one on the meter is just a sign of absolute weakness.

He was reusing what Icky said before and using it for word play.

Icky used it to say that people that change mains for the sole reason that they are no longer the top DPS in a raid are bad players, stupid, foolish, weak. They are chasing a dragon - a dream that is only monumentally fulfilled by having the one class at the moment that is the best.

Alphric was using the same words as a illustrated argumentative counter that the only reason the warlock population was so high right now is because people that were playing non-warlock DPS classes in MoP main changed to warlock because of the same dragon chasing dream of high DPS based on class, or the "absolute weakness" that warlocks are now being accused of when we talk about main changing. 

In the end, Icky is just acting the part of a troll trying to be funny or annoying and not doing a very good job of it. If this was MMOC or Blizzard forums we might fall for this kind of base behavior, but this is Icy-Veins and we don't play that game. Arguments that are supported with data, fact, measurable and quantifiable evidence are the only arguments that are entertained here. Opinions and arguments that openly ignore such things are dismissed as inconsequential.

• Like 6

So is there any specific build that has worked fairly well since the changes?  A colleague at work tried to tell me that Affliction seems to be the number one spec that scales the best with higher ilevels.  I'm not overly concerned about being #1 on DPS.  I just want to pull my fair share of the work and have an optimal build that nets positive results. 

The best spec is the one you play the best.  They're all pretty darn close.  The difference between #1 and #3 Warlock specs is VERY small.  It comes down to individual encounters and what each spec brings to the fight.

• Like 3

You know, it's funny.  In Burning Crusade, I hated Destruction and stuck with Affliction all the way through early Cataclysm and then I quit.  When I picked up MoP, I stuck with Destruction and now I find it very difficult to try out other specs.  Am I wrong in assuming that the Terrorguard plays a huge role in single-target DPS now?  I wish Cataclysm would scale with Mannoroth's Fury and had a condition where it could be insta-cast.