FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Legendary Shaman Midrange GvG

Guest blackhawk23x

You mention Bloodmage thalnos in the article but he's not in the final list. What would you cut for him if you still recommend running him?

Sorry, that paragraph was a remnant from the old Midrange Shaman guide, the reference to Bloodmage has been removed now.

Guest TJ

What would be a good replacement for Neptulon? My list of late game legendaries includes Ragnaros, Alex, Sneed's, Sylvanas or TBK. I have most of the good constructed neutrals as well including faceless, bgh, jeeves, etc.

Guest Freddie

Do you think sludge belcher can be a viable swap for Antique heal bot if you are facing a lot of aggro?

Healbot is better, you already play a decent amount of taunt with the Argus, and the issue with Shaman is that they often just end up dying to burst from the hand like Kill Command.

What card can I remove to put Ragnaros? That's because I want all elemental lords in the deck ^^! Without the earth one because it was not yet released in Hearthstone ofc XD

Guest deniedtechniq

Built this deck today and have a 7 win streak going. Great explanations for everything, got a lot of good info to up my game. Thanks!

Guest Shendara

i have everything except Al'Akir... what could be a good replacement for him? i got Rag, Ysera, Dr. Boom and an extra Doom Hammer. I am leaning towards Rag/Boom, but i get the idea of the windfury on Al'Akir. so suggestions? smile.png

Someone brought up today that in ladder harrison jones is played often and doom hammer can be a liability. Thoughts?

Yeah, this is a serious concern. If you are encountering a lot of Harrison, you can cut Doomhammer for Dr. Boom.

I would favour another card that is less likely to be dead in your hand, Dr. Boom, Ragnaros, Sylvanas, Kel'Thuzad etc. Just another big finisher card.

I found the following typo in the strategy section ("Powermace" in place of "Doomhammer"): "getting your Powermace destroyed by Harrison is much less devastating than losing your Powermace."

Also, the full-budget version of the deck was heavily updated on 30 December 2014, but the low-budget one was not, and the update is not recorded on the "Shaman decks" page.

Guest Morganno

sadly in Feb this deck really sucks please vote up stats of 40% speak the truth you have to have a good early game the cards in a 20 game streak never came out for me there aren't enough good starters earth shock is useless as silence on an early game card is usless most people platy 2/2 or 2/3 or 3/2 turn on turn 2 so having earth shock is useless until mid game. Why would you mulligan for it?

Rockbiter causes you 3 damage crackle never appears had it 2 time in 20 rolls most games to turn 7 when I run out of cards

Hex is another late game card and annoy-o-tron is easily killed by clerics while they put their 3-2 on the board leaving you with earth shock in your hand....

I doubt someone got to legend with this deck if they did chapeau it was pure luck.

"earth shock is useless as silence on an early game card is usless most people platy 2/2 or 2/3 or 3/2 turn on turn 2 so having earth shock is useless until mid game. Why would you mulligan for it?"

Haunted Creeper, Leper Gnome, Webspinner, Annoy-o-tron, Clockwork Gnome, Mechwarper, Shall I continue?

"Rockbiter causes you 3 damage crackle never appears had it 2 time in 20 rolls most games to turn 7 when I run out of cards"

If you think taking damage to your hero make a card bad, I guess every weapon in the game is useless? And how is it the deck's fault you don't draw Crackle?

"Hex is another late game card and annoy-o-tron is easily killed by clerics while they put their 3-2 on the board leaving you with earth shock in your hand...."

So Annoy-o-Tron matching up poorly against one specific card in one specific matchup makes the deck bad? Gotcha. Hex is another late-game card? Firstly, no, it's a removal card, that can be used at various points in the game, Secondly, what does that even mean? Is that a bad thing? Is late-game bad?

"I doubt someone got to legend with this deck if they did chapeau it was pure luck."

Doubt away.

Sorry, I'm used to the odd person misunderstanding, or playing decks badly, and just deciding to come over and call them terrible. But this post was so particularly nonsensical that it deserved special attention.

• Like 1

Guest TheDwarvenAxe

My dust will only allow me to make on legendarie. Neptulor or Al'Akir?

Thanks by the way, great deck!

I feel like there has to be a decent Shaman Murloc deck since the release of Neptulon? I don't know if anyone is doing Murloc decks anymore or if they even work in the current meta (i doubt it) but i feel like the synergy is decent with Neptulon, with a deck of at 5-6 Murlocs with doomhammer & removal spells (Earth shock, rockbitter, crackle lightning storm). thoughts?

Edited by KevinGarnett

Murlocs are just completely outclassed by Mechs at this point so you don't see it. Neptulon is just good enough to play in a non-Murloc deck anyway.

Guest Dang3rZone

Hi, thank you for your help. I really like this deck but I don't have Al'Akir... I use Doomhammer instead but I don't know if it's worth it. Can u help me pls ?

I'm having a hard time hunter early game pressure, no matter how much removel I seem to throw out they kill me before I can get any board control... any thoughts? Stuck at 8-10 almost pure hunters

Sign in to follow this