FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Moonsunier

Restoration Druid Healing Issues

Now I am just really annoyed. It has come to the point where I a mbegin kicked at brackenspore for doing like 32k hps on hc.

Need to see logs tbh, HPS means next to nothing without knowing the raid setup etc e.g. I 3 healed 19m Normal whilst a mate of mine is 4 healing 16m, No chance of him pulling the numbers I can because i have more people taking damage, and less people healing

Install deadly boss mobs

tpye /dbm into the chat, options, extra features and tick the 2 auto logging options

it then creates a txt file in your wow install folder/logs/combatlog.txt

Warcraftlogs or Worldoflogs, once u register on the site has a download you install it and it turns your jumble of a txt file into the likes of above

Get logger head (addon) when you walk into an instance it asks you If you want to log (hit enable)

Then go to WarcraftLogs.com make an account, download the client, log in, hit 'live log'.

Go do your raid with the client running.

After your raid you can hit 'view report' to get your link.

Yeah but you need to change it from private onto public

This is a private personal log belonging to another user. You cannot view it.

Edited by Brady84

done. SorryxD

No probs, man if you log a full run next reset I'll be able to help more, Krazy or someone else will need to help more on Impeg because i'm no expert

Overhealing is crazy - but prob not avoidable because your trying to cheese mechanics by using 11 healers [if you use this many healers on all bosses you need to drop some for dps]

110million overheal for the raid [198m actual healing] means 3 or 4 of you could have afk'd the fight and you would still have done the same amount of actual healing (and you would have had 100k+ more dps)

Regarding you (I ony looked at the final wipe / attempt 3)

Lifebloom should be closer to 100% but its not terrible (71%)

Harmony needs to be closer to 100% (78%)

Ironbark is on 1min CD 6 uses out of 11 possible

Barskin on 1min CD 1 use out of 11 possible

NS is on 1min CD  6 uses out of possible 11

NV is on 90s CD 2 uses out of possible 7

ITOL 3m CD 1 use out of possible 3

Tranq 3min CD 2 use out of possible 3

1 Cast of wild growth also seems extremely low, a lot of the above could be due the the fact that there was limited damage to heal (because you had so many healers) but its free healing(and dps) so should be taken advantage of regardless

You also never used a flask(+5% output) or potion, maybe the reasons above but you can pre-pot int then use mana/int during the fight depending on what you need

Edited by Brady84

Right. Haha I am such an idiot. I really wanted u to look at the first fight because that was when I was focusing. On the last fight I knew I was gonna get snipped so basically cbaed cause no point with 11 healersxD On my first foght is the one which is most like a normal fight for me. Ignore the 30 man onesxD (the one where I was second). Still new at logs! hehe

Right. Haha I am such an idiot. I really wanted u to look at the first fight because that was when I was focusing

Makes more sense now, I assumed they were all 30m

You also need to go into the wow options and enable advanced combat logging

System/Network/ and tick the box for "Advanced Combat Logging" is makes your logs much better [shows everybodys item level, as well as allows you to replay the fight you so can see where people went wrong]

Did all the healers go oom on your original run?

Ah really useful! No noone went oom on the first fight. In fact I was the only one that was below 100% mana. I died first so I think O need to know how to survive more.

It was a strange question mainly because the overhealing is so low, your numbers actually look on par with everybody else

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/server/262/latest/#metric=hps&difficulty=4&boss=1705&bracket=2&class=Druid&spec=Restoration

Thats the logs for the 40 resto druids who have downed that fight on your realm[within your ilvl range]

click on their name and you can view their logs and compare spell use etc (A few of them are running DOC for the extra dps), I'm not clued up enough on the tactics of the fight to really comment [but can help with the other fights if/when you log them]

Edited by Brady84

Ok I will enable advanced logging for a fight later in a different run. According to that list I really wasnt doing that bad on hps...about 15th. I know I need to make more use of some spells.

Ok I will get u a log of a fight tomorrow! As for my stupid healing issues I have come to discoveer that overhealing is my biggest issue. In al og someone showed me (also a resto druid 660 ilv), he did around 10k more hps cause he never overhealed. We used same amount of heal cds (like 10/11 ironbark etc), but I overhealed by like 9k more then everyone elsexD

@Krazyito

I've read the Hamlet piece (http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/2012/10/08/why-more-spirit-is-not-the-answer-to-your-healing-problems/) and while he does have a point it is not for everyone. If you know your spells well and know how/when to use them you can still go oom like in my case. It's merely the sheer amount of unnecessary damage the raidgroup takes combined with co-healers that are somewhat underperforming. One has to compensate for that and as a result you go nearly oom. I like to think of the druid as a support healingclass or maybe I'm wrong in this.

• Like 1

@Krazyito

I've read the Hamlet piece (http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/2012/10/08/why-more-spirit-is-not-the-answer-to-your-healing-problems/) and while he does have a point it is not for everyone.

I Read more into the above links, & i do agree with the point you make  but its all about playstyle....Even though i stated earlier in this thread that Spirit > everything I actually disagree with myself now, Since WG is actually fixed now, I'm dropping Haste and going full out mastery where possible

Less is more IMO, without going all-out into the theorycrafting/math behind it the more haste you have the more spirit you need  to maintain it (and the more ms/crit/vs etc you need to lose)

Stacking spirit is not the answer to your mana issues, and related to that stacking mastery > haste will actually two-fold solve a lot of your mana issues

1/ you can cast less often

2/ your heals have more output

You start with a flat 10% mastery and 0% haste, if your running a haste == mastery build then mastery should be 10% above haste (granted the drops from HM arent great) but to have e.g. 20% haste and 14% mastery is just crazy as now your making your stat weights so that 1 haste = 5 mastery

TLDR: Stack Mastery/Anything if its the same ilvl Stack INT on trinkets, and see how you get on, maybe I'll convert some people

I can agree with all of this.  I may have stretched what I said a bit far.  The way you play will make up over 100% more of your mana issues.

ALTHOUGH: You should definitely read his more recent posts. They pertain much more to the new Warlords healing model.