FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Giveaway #55 - Lil' Ragnaros

Giveaway #55! This week-end, we are giving away a achievement_boss_ragnaros.jpgLil' Ragnaros pet.

We will pick the winner randomly, in 48 hours, among those who posted to give us their impressions on Mists of Pandaria in this thread. We will be watching out for dummy accounts.

Posted Image

Not sure if I can join since I just registered.

I've been reading your articles a lot though since MoP came out.

What I can say about the new expansion is.... dailies. >.<

• Like 1

I like mists but sadly I didnt get to give it much of a play before my gametime ran out but so far I love it. My favorite part has to be the pet battles. Its great to have something to do in down time while waiting for fellow guildies to log in so we can raid.

Oh and please pick me :D

First impression was that the actual environment was designed (in terms of looks) extremely well: all of the terrain looks great, I love the old Chinese feel and the fact that the bushes don't rotate to be always facing you is nice! The quests aren't too dissimilar to the one from Cataclysm, but I enjoyed the zone-specific story lines and the final quest/event which always resulted in feeling like the zone is complete, and the reward of some nice blue gear is always a bonus.

So far raiding is good, the fights are all quite interesting and pretty challenging (MSV normal is MUCH harder than DS normal was). I also like the raid phasing idea a lot, giving those of us who only raid a few times a week more of a chance to keep pace with the 5+ days a week guilds. I also like the charms of good fortune a LOT - the amount of times I have been one piece of gear away from full BiS is extremely frustrating and this new system really helps us out in those situations; being able to have some sort of control over how you gear up from drops is extremely nice.

PvP is good as well, seems more balanced overall than previous expansions, and with the addition of all these self heals for DPS specs, there are so many more viable arena compositions. The two new BGs are a lot of fun as well (a hell of a lot better than AV and IoC anyway!) so I am enjoying both arenas and BGs, for the first time in quite a while.

Overall I'd say this is shaping up to be a very promising expansion, which I am looking forward to playing through a lot.

• Like 1

I visit this site everyday reading the guides and forums. It is one of the best! Also I love the giveaways!!

Has been a great xpac so far. So many dailies but have gotten exalted so worth it for the mounts. Haven't bothered with them after reaching the rep I wanted.

The ABCs of what I like about Mists of Pandaria

A - AoE Looting

B - Blue Panther mount

C - Challenge Modes

D - Dailies

E - Elegon

F - Farming

G - Grimoire of Sacrifice

H - Headless Horseman

I - Imp Swarm

J - Jogu the Drunk

K - Klaxxi

L - LFR

M - Monks

N - Necromantic Powers

O - Onyx Jewelcrafting Mount

P - Pandemic + Pet Battles!

Q - Quillen pet

R - Raiding

S - Scenarios

T - TRINKETSSSSS

U - Unbound Will

V - Valor Point Gear System

W - Warlocks!

X - Xylophone sounds while raiding (not really)

Y - YOINK (Lifegrip)

Z - Zagam, my name (changed just prior to Mists)

• Like 2

My impression's of MoP... Hmmm that's actually quite tricky. There is alot I like about it and a fair bit I dislike about it too. All in all though it's, for me, the best expansion since TBC. Challenge Modes are insanely challenging (with how hard they are it's also kinda fun) and the raiding is better then I was expecting (especially Elegon). Aside from the obvious things like Panda's, there aren't any obvious things that stand out in what I dislike. But rather is alot of little small things. Overall really happy with how MoP has opened up and I hope it doesn't stagnate like some other expansions have!

One thing I love about the new expansion is that there is a ton of stuff to do. New content is always fun, whether it be dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, questing .. They also made getting the questing achievements a little more fun, instead of having to do X number of quests in a zone, it's more storyline based. There are lots of fun little easter eggs like the "secret" klaxxi daily. One thing, though, I don't like so far, is the AMOUNT of dailies there are. I realize there are now 10 new factions (not including the individual reputations you can get for Nat Pagle or Tina Mudclaw, for example) but most of those have to be ground out with dailies. While I don't like having to wear a tabard as the sole means of gaining rep, a combination of tabard/daily questing would have been fine with me. There are some people who just do not like to quest and so they cannot get the gear high enough (unless they cheat and use PVP) to queue in to raid finder without doing some rep grinding ..which may or may not be fair to them. I realize you cannot cater to everyone, but Blizzard has made a lot of changes to make this game appeal to a more casual player as well as the hardcore raiders, but there are people in between who may be somewhat left out because you have to devote a hell of a lot of time in order to be "raid ready" even if you're not part of a hardcore raiding guild.

All in all, however, since I'm a collector, completionist, with OCD/ADD, in a raiding guild (that is casual imo right now but we have the potential for much, much more), I love all the new things there are to do - so I'm very happy. It's made my friends in Guild Wars 2 very sad to see me go >.>

• Like 1

As others have noted a ton of dailies, meh. LFR, LFD & LFS seem to be working pretty well. Looks like Blizzard did some homework on tweeking the fights so that the challenge is there. Not only monks, but Pandas in general are OP, but that's not unusual with Blizz when a new race/class comes out. So maybe over all not too bad at all Blizzard. Looking forward to the next set of raid bosses and we'll see what happens there. One very annoying thing, just a little thing, they need to reduce the respawn timer on Galeon.

I was listening to "Black Ice" from AC/DC and my brain did this: "Friday + black ICE >> ICY veins wonderful Giveaways' time!" xDDD

Love you guys ^^