FORUMS
Galluccio

How important is Explosive Trap to the Survival Rotation?

Im with some of you here, I'm not a fan of LW/TotH as SV.

After getting used to FS, I seem to never have enough focus and it feels Cobra shot doesn't regenerate enough for my spammy bad habits. Just my two cents. But I can for sure see LW/TotH being taken in a Mythic raid-type scenario with the movement. In Heroics, I have gotten the movement aspect of FS down it seems.

I have been taking Barrage on most fights and hitting it on single target fights (Kargath/Butcher), but will probably just take Glaive Toss and fill it in with arcane shots and aimed shots with both specs from now on.

Edited by Endijor

No offense, but you're logs don't show you in Mythic yet.  Mobility is a precious thing after Heroic.

Please check your ego at the door, heroic and mythic are very similar in movement needs other than MAYBE Tectus.

Just because you say no offense, doesn't excuse the coming offensive comment. People of different levels browse this forum, and not everybody in here is familiar with the Mythic fights, but don't try and make them seem harder than they are. There is not a single mechanic in Mythic Highmaul other than the pillars spawning faster on Tectus that requires any more movement than heroic.

• Like 1

There is not a single mechanic in Mythic Highmaul other than the pillars spawning faster on Tectus that requires any more movement than heroic.

What about Kargath and that constant AOE spam and kitty kite? huh.png

I find myself moving a lot. It's manageable, and with enough habit Focusing Shot can probably be used there without severe downsides, but still, it requires a lot more movement than heroic version. 

Edited by Iridar

Please check your ego at the door, heroic and mythic are very similar in movement needs other than MAYBE Tectus.

Just because you say no offense, doesn't excuse the coming offensive comment. People of different levels browse this forum, and not everybody in here is familiar with the Mythic fights, but don't try and make them seem harder than they are. There is not a single mechanic in Mythic Highmaul other than the pillars spawning faster on Tectus that requires any more movement than heroic.

Kargath: Tiger fixates, dodging fire, having to actually kite the boss for some prolonged amount of time for Favor.

Butcher: Soaking, more or less important depending on whether you do poolparty tardstrat.

Brackenspore: Waves, exploding mushrooms.

Tectus: Faster spawning pillars.

Ko'ragh: Moving to MC assignments, else as normal.

Imperator: Force Nova repositioning for Replication, moving through Force Novas actually being a big deal, one billion and a half trap spawns in later phases, soaking in Cho'gall phase.

9-10 there.

OT: There's no real reason to use Explosive Trap other than as a filler in your rotation when a Focusing Shot is undesirable because it'll cap you/delay something, and you can't afford an Arcane Shot.