FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Amber-Shaper Un'sok

I'm going to update the guide tomorrow, but I wanted to mention a few things for anyone who's possibly wiping on this.

As we stated in the guide, we can confirm that Divine Shield, Iceblock, Cloak of Shadows etc remove the Parasitic Growth debuff.

Reshape Life seems to target tanks exclusively during Phase One, and free for all after that. It can absolutely target healers, including during Phase Two, which is obviously going to be very nasty if you are 2-healing in 10-man.

The rate at which Reshape Life is being cast in Phase Three is very high indeed, and acts as a sort of soft enrage timer where you end up with too many Constructs. If this turns out to be the case for your raid, seriously consider leaving up ALL the Burning Amber void zones from Phases 1/2 so that you can Consume them during Phase Three and have the people in the Constructs live longer.

Guest Bel

If I could suggest one thing.

In phase 3 it is much more manageable to have all dps focus on the boss, and whoever becomes a construct simply renews their willpower with amber pools. This has the benefit of not eleminating boss dps because of the increased construct spawns and the healing they receive from being hit by volatile amber. It also allows the damage stack on the boss to get racked up fairly fast, which I assume you will need since you're dps'ing him from 70%-0%.

If I could suggest one thing.

In phase 3 it is much more manageable to have all dps focus on the boss, and whoever becomes a construct simply renews their willpower with amber pools. This has the benefit of not eleminating boss dps because of the increased construct spawns and the healing they receive from being hit by volatile amber. It also allows the damage stack on the boss to get racked up fairly fast, which I assume you will need since you're dps'ing him from 70%-0%.

The only problem with that is if you either 1) Don't have enough amber pools or 2) players lose willpower before filling it back up. If either of those happen then you have an extra add running around killing your raid and you're one person down.

That could be a good idea during phase 3, but only with one or 2 constructs alive.

Guest Bel

The kills I've seen so far seems to suggest that it is the most viable way to handle phase 3, not dps'ing the Constructs but simply letting them dps and consume Amber Pools that is. We're going to attempt this tonight (in ~4hours), I can let you know how it turns out since I'm fairly sure we'll be trying this tactic.

The kills I've seen so far seems to suggest that it is the most viable way to handle phase 3, not dps'ing the Constructs but simply letting them dps and consume Amber Pools that is. We're going to attempt this tonight (in ~4hours), I can let you know how it turns out since I'm fairly sure we'll be trying this tactic.

Great. Please do let us know, and also of course if you notice anything else in the fight that is different from the guide, or anything else you can suggest.

Good luck!

Guest phlo

anybody care to mention the enrage timer please?

i would like to take a guess as to how many amber pools i could gain if i slowed dps in phase 1 in order to prolong phase 3.

but i need the exact enrage timer, which we didn't hit even though we went deep into phase 3.

thanx in advance et thanx for the great work all around at icy-veins!

Guest Bel

I did not notice the enrage timer actually, but we did phase 3 the way I described and ended up with 5-6 Constructs in the end. We (constructs) ended up having to move a bit far to consume Amber Pools, but that could be smoothed out with a little boss movement, bringing him closer to the pools. So basically the damage stack on the boss is amazing for nuking him down, plus you would lose far too much dps trying to kill the constructs in p3, since they spawn on a very fast timer. I think we'll post a video of it tomorrow, Alternate Reality @ EU-Thunderhorn if you're interested.

I did not notice the enrage timer actually, but we did phase 3 the way I described and ended up with 5-6 Constructs in the end. We (constructs) ended up having to move a bit far to consume Amber Pools, but that could be smoothed out with a little boss movement, bringing him closer to the pools. So basically the damage stack on the boss is amazing for nuking him down, plus you would lose far too much dps trying to kill the constructs in p3, since they spawn on a very fast timer. I think we'll post a video of it tomorrow, Alternate Reality @ EU-Thunderhorn if you're interested.

That would be nice. Thank you for your posts - I'll make sure to update the strategy accordingly,

I imagine also, regarding a possible shortage of amber pools for the mutated constructs, a construct can attack another construct, especially if it is a healer. That may be a fast way to keep things under control. I have not done this raid yet so I am not sure of such a strategy working but I do not see why it would not.

Also, since a living amber add will heal the other living ambers in the area, I would figure focusing on one at a time would be best, since the others will be healed for nothing and not result in wasted dps. Those that already did the raid probably have this part figured out by now.

Nice guide and thank you for the efforts.

I think it's actually rather viable to have a full-on nuke of the boss in that phase, even ignoring Constructs almost completely. :)

i Have heared the beserk timer is 8min but we had a fight that's 10min and 15sec and he didn't beserked at 8min but at 10still no idea if that was a bug or his beserk is really at 10min

Some of our observations for this fight...

Phase 1:

Tanks L2Construct

Phase 2:

Raid L2Construct.

Phase 3:

Apply construct skills to boss. Win.

Loot Phase:

Have constructs up from where your raid was basically 1 tank and 6 constructs alive at the time of kill. Tank dies, leaving some non-plussed constructs standing around the corpse. Aggro them while taking a photo... die because at least 2 of them have 30+ million health. Watch the boss despawn, taking his purples with him. Submit ticket. Facepalm.

On a more serious note, we began by 3 healing this due to excessive numbers of explosions on phase 2 causing many wipes. Once folks got the constructs figured out however, the fight was greatly simplified by dropping to 2 heals, since most of hte damage is avoidable and the extra DPs means constructs get to <20% faster, and Living Ambers die faster, providing everyone a larger comfort barrier.

Edited by Auracle
  • Like 1

Some of our observations for this fight...

Phase 1:

Tanks L2Construct

Phase 2:

Raid L2Construct.

Phase 3:

Apply construct skills to boss. Win.

Loot Phase:

Have constructs up from where your raid was basically 1 tank and 6 constructs alive at the time of kill. Tank dies, leaving some non-plussed constructs standing around the corpse. Aggro them while taking a photo... die because at least 2 of them have 30+ million health. Watch the boss despawn, taking his purples with him. Submit ticket. Facepalm.

On a more serious note, we began by 3 healing this due to excessive numbers of explosions on phase 2 causing many wipes. Once folks got the constructs figured out however, the fight was greatly simplified by dropping to 2 heals, since most of hte damage is avoidable and the extra DPs means constructs get to <20% faster, and Living Ambers die faster, providing everyone a larger comfort barrier.

haha awesome summary. I am sure many people will take something away from it (even if just to l2construct).

Guest Azcimas

Anyone know if it's possible to kill boss without nuking Constructs in p2 and p3?

Anyone know if it's possible to kill boss without nuking Constructs in p2 and p3?

I'm pretty sure we have said throughout this thread that you are not suppose to nuke the construct in phase 3. Only attack the constructs in phase one and two, then when phase 3 begins EVERYONE is on the boss.

@Azcimas,

It may be possible to not nuke ONE construct during P2, i.e. keep the one alive and have all others be DPSed down, but we tried this and frankly it's a bit more of a headache than it's worth. If it's of use to you, the sweet spot for our raid was to have each construct on P2 drink ONE pool only - this would allow for more leniency on the timers and let us avoid having the amber monstrosity's Amber Explosions go off during reshape life transitions.

I sincerely doubt that you can simply leave ALL constructs alive on P2, you'd run out of pools to drink well before the end of the fight and it'd end up being a wipe.

Random aside @ guest posters: make an account, join the community! It's free and I guarantee you'll be back here for more info in the future ;)

• Like 1

Ok!

The 99% immunity on P2 of the Boss (and not fully immune) instantly made me thinking this!

Will it be possible to keep stacking the stacks on the boss AND interrupting the monstrosity at the same time? Is it worth keeping +1 Construct alive to have the renews on? Imagine that if it is possible then the stacks on the boss at phase 3 will be really really high and the kill should be easier.

Now for this to happen we will need to have about 2 constructs alive to be sure, most of the time at phase 2. Put them together near the monstrosity and boss, getting cleaved/AEd with the monstrosity, one keep stacking debuff to boss and one to monstrosity. It will be hard at the transitions but i can't find ANY other reason of boss having 99% immunity and not 100%.

Of course for this to happen some pools will be needed at phase 2 but i wonder how easier the phase 3 will be.I can only imagine the difference in the damage at phase 3.

Edited by Voskopoula

My group considered trying this but threw it out as being too much trouble.

My suspicion is that it will be a lot more trouble than it's worth, but since I havent tried it I can't confirm.

If you ARE going to try it, i'd suggest you check the math on the number of pools needed vs the rough amount of time it takes you to kill the Amber Monstrosity. Initial willpower = 100, rate of decay = 2/sec, Self-interrupt is 8 willpower every ~ 15(?) seconds (not sure of this, haven't checked timers closely enough), 1 pool returns 20 willpower.

So:

Start = 100 willpower, rate of decay 2/sec = 50 secs max.

In my group we have everyone eat one pool for ease, so thats + 20 willpower aka + 10 secs.

There are always 3 explosions in that time frame, the last occuring near the end, so 8x3 = 24, 120 - 24 = 96.

96/6 = 16. 16/2 = 8.

So on average, assuming my napkin math (and memory of timers/mechanics) isnt toootally off (and believe me, it easily could be) you will gain 8 seconds of added time in your construct per pool that you drink.

Assuming that you want to have one person stay in a construct and keep stacks on the boss, that person will need ((Amber Monstrosity Alive time - 42 secs) / 8) number of pools to survive until p3. This presumes that whatever OTHER constructs are spawned do not drink any pools and are capable of keeping stacks on and interrupts on the Amber Monstrosity.

If you do try it let me know how it goes :D

As Auracle posted, I really don't think you can get away with ignoring Constructs in Phase Two.

Ok!

The 99% immunity on P2 of the Boss (and not fully immune) instantly made me thinking this!

Will it be possible to keep stacking the stacks on the boss AND interrupting the monstrosity at the same time? Is it worth keeping +1 Construct alive to have the renews on? Imagine that if it is possible then the stacks on the boss at phase 3 will be really really high and the kill should be easier.

Now for this to happen we will need to have about 2 constructs alive to be sure, most of the time at phase 2. Put them together near the monstrosity and boss, getting cleaved/AEd with the monstrosity, one keep stacking debuff to boss and one to monstrosity. It will be hard at the transitions but i can't find ANY other reason of boss having 99% immunity and not 100%.

Of course for this to happen some pools will be needed at phase 2 but i wonder how easier the phase 3 will be.I can only imagine the difference in the damage at phase 3.

We actually had this in an early version of the guide, but once I got to do the fight on live servers I realized quickly that it's hardly feasible to do this. It might be possible in theory, but with the overall chaos that goes on in the phase, and the fact that you can't really freely spam Amber Strike there due to having to use it to interrupt the Monstrosity, you can't do it reliably.