FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

January 12 Patch Notes for Warlocks

Just viewing the various percentile parses for today. 

Demo Locks absolutely smashing Bucther Mythic/Heroic to pieces. This might well be something Blizz roll back on, they've completely overshot the buff with Demo I feel 

Demo Locks absolutely smashing Bucther Mythic/Heroic to pieces. This might well be something Blizz roll back on, they've completely overshot the buff with Demo I feel 

My assumption is they'll wait for more data, a day's worth of Heroic parses isn't nearly enough to revert a buff. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up that way.

Yeah, mid pulls last night our DPS warriors dmg shot through the roof.  We saw all the patch notes and assumed they went live mid raid.  I did our last few pulls as Demonbolt and was doing higher dmg than my affliction attempts.  Granted I am not an experienced Aff player, but i was very happy with its performance.

Hmmm. I'm finding that they did very well on Heroic Butcher. And on Heroic fights they are in the top 4 or so. Which is great. I guess this would satisfy the need for us to be great in at least one fight. And very good in others. 

But I'm not seeing the OP'ness on Mythic fights. Maybe I'm not reading the data correctly. 

Hmmm. I'm finding that they did very well on Heroic Butcher. And on Heroic fights they are in the top 4 or so. Which is great. I guess this would satisfy the need for us to be great in at least one fight. And very good in others. 

But I'm not seeing the OP'ness on Mythic fights. Maybe I'm not reading the data correctly. 

One can safely assume the data for Mythic isn't going to be as fleshed out as it will be after tonight. 

Try ~10-12% ST for demonology. The buff also changed dark soul from 22.5% to 30%.

5 words.

Get. Your. Demonology. Spec. Ready.

Waaay ahead of you :P

So the sims say one thing but I will wait for all the mythic logs after tonight's raids. Simcraft also said locks were going to be shit in SoO.....remember?

Yeah, mid pulls last night our DPS warriors dmg shot through the roof.  We saw all the patch notes and assumed they went live mid raid.  I did our last few pulls as Demonbolt and was doing higher dmg than my affliction attempts.  Granted I am not an experienced Aff player, but i was very happy with its performance.

Psh, you were off the charts after the change... I couldn't even keep up as Aff. Rolling out my demo spec tonight. 

Edited by Middari

So let s forget destru I assume ? :)

i m gonna try demonolgy during my raid tomorrow but still, i m just wondering if demonolgy > destruction on 1 target to begin with.

I ll let u know

Edited by Vixcis

Word of warning to all you people picking up Demonology for the first time.

Prepare to fail. Hard.

You will need time to get used to how the spec plays, your new keybinds, building muscle memory, and above all getting to the point where you are playing proactively and not just reactively.

Give it a few weeks.

• Like 1

Prepare to fail. Hard.

You will need time to get used to how the spec plays, your new keybinds, building muscle memory, and above all getting to the point where you are playing proactively and not just reactively.

Give it a few weeks.

The above is so true.

Thankfully in WOTLK I decided to learn all three specs, and I've been playing them all at some point or another. This expansion I levelled Demo and then played max content as Destro. 

Personally I spend about 10 minutes or so on a target dummy one a day just getting the feel for the rotation and that muscle memory. then I run some heroics just to get myself into the mode of doing it for real, then use my farm content in raids to really iron out any issues. 

Looking forward to tonight where I'm running Demo all the way through farm content, and hopefully through progression later in the week. 

Prepare to fail. Hard.

Give it a few weeks.

This.

I couldn't even imagine I can be this bad at Demo and this better as Aff.

Edited by Paracel

just because it play destro and aff so much im horrible at demo...but i know its just something i really should learn. I mean after almost 10 years of playing and all lol.

Its really because we dont have triple spec lol. I usually have no reason to have a demo spec because either aff or destro has been better for a long time now.

Edited by vaeevictiss

So the sims say one thing but I will wait for all the mythic logs after tonight's raids. Simcraft also said locks were going to be shit in SoO.....remember?

Sure, if you had no clue how simc worked in SoO.

Should we now be willing to sacrifice the demonic fury required for demonbolt and spend it instead of using chaos wave whenever possible on 2+ targets?

just because it play destro and aff so much im horrible at demo...but i know its just something i really should learn. I mean after almost 10 years of playing and all lol.

Its really because we dont have triple spec lol. I usually have no reason to have a demo spec because either aff or destro has been better for a long time now.

Try the addon ActionBarSaver. I use it to swap between the 2nd/3rd spec often. Its a life saver. The only thing you should need to switch is talents/glyphs.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/action-bar-saver

DemonBolt is so amazing now lol.  Thanks Blizz

Me and our other lock were hitting 350-400k Demonbolts last night... and thats with neither of us having Copelands. I just have a bad feeling that they're going to realize its too strong and nerf hard. I mean, I was able to stay pretty close to the top of the meters on a few fights, and I've never played Demo in a raid environment. It's going to take me a while to get used to, right now it just feels very clunky, I do like that it has a lot of options though.

My absolute worst performance was going from the typical demonbolt setup to going to a cataclysm setup for Tectus. That threw so many wrenches in my brain... 

Edited by Vipples

Should we now be willing to sacrifice the demonic fury required for demonbolt and spend it instead of using chaos wave whenever possible on 2+ targets?

I'm also interested to know if this has changed, or if it's still only good to use your charges on HoG unless you're bursting down some adds (Ko'ragh).

And just to clarify for Mythic attempts tonight, Synergy is the business now yeah? It's possible I don't have quite high enough ilevel for it to be, but I should practice with it anyway.

Was wondering the same thing, when having cata it doesn't matter, but when using demon bolt it did, so does that means i should pool over 900 fury to be able to go in cast double chaos wave and 4 demon bolts while DS is on? does all of that fit during the DS duration?

So now people have played with it a bit more is Demo in acceptable limits or buffed too much? I somehow was on top for 4/6 bosses today (normal) when I normally am 2-5. Bracken we had a ninja pull then I messed up my opening. My add damage was about 35% though with playing badly so much better. Ko'grah I was first soaker and often out of range so I couldn't really tell there. Yes, before anyone says anything my guild and I do not play to a high standard and we are not in heroic until Sunday so I was wondering what other peoples' experiences are. Will the nerf bat be swinging again soon?

400k Demonbolts, wow! My biggest was 208k. 

Edited by spikeysquad

So now people have played with it a bit more is Demo in acceptable limits or buffed too much? I somehow was on top for 4/6 bosses today (normal) when I normally am 2-5. Bracken we had a ninja pull then I messed up my opening. My add damage was about 35% though with playing badly so much better. Ko'grah I was first soaker and often out of range so I couldn't really tell there. Yes, before anyone says anything my guild and I do not play to a high standard and we are not in heroic until Sunday so I was wondering what other peoples' experiences are. Will the nerf bat be swinging again soon?

400k Demonbolts, wow! My biggest was 208k. 

I mashed 120k DB, then 140k, then 160k, and then 180k.

Hell yeah that was good.

Demo felt nice tonight, for a normal Clear + some HC. Packing DPS, eating cakes, picking up gurls and gear. I'm a solid contender for my guild, shining very bright at Butcher and Twins (as Aff). And playing Demo fixed my top 3 position at all the other fights. cool.png 

Windwalkers and Mages, beware!

I won't expect a nerf bat, issues are still here.

It's not like you are top #1 mlg no scope DPS. Class is still very complex, it balances the buff that's essentially is a tooltip fix. Don't forget the Leap DC bug, either.

If you are good player, you will show much better results, and that's it.

If you aren't good...

Play Aff, like me.biggrin.png