FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sottle

The Rate/Improve my deck thread.

Please tell me your opinions on my costly, big minion laden "Legendary heavy Ysharj Jade Druid" standard deck:

2× Innervate 

2× Wild  Growth

1× Living Roots 

1× Mulch

2× Wrath

2× Feral Rage

2× Swipe

1× Nourish

2× Jade Idol

2× Jade Blossom

2× Jade Behemoth

1× Ironroot Treefolk

1× Azure Drake

Fandral Staghelm

Aya Blackpaw

Ragnaros The Firelord 

Hogger, Doom Of Ellwyn

Kun, The Forgotten King

Ysharj, Rage Unbound

Sylvanas Windrunner

Barnes

Prince Malchezar

10 hours ago, GoobieDog said:

1× Ironroot Treefolk

You need to run forests if you want to run Ironroot Treefolk. And also increase the amount of cards in your deck to 60. And play a completely different game :P Jokes aside, what card did you mean by this? Ironbark Protector?

Hogger, Doom Of Ellwyn

Mana inefficient. I recommend you not to run the card.

Prince Malchezar

Blocks draws if you get bad legendaries, such as Nat Pagle. Also the meta is not slow enough to take advantage of the 5 extra cards in your deck.

hey guys,ive made this super gimmicky wild paladin deck. Game plan is to aggro the guy,and if that fails smack him in the face for 32.

2smugglers rum

2 secret keeper

2noble sacrifice

2avenge

2redemption

2minibot

2grimstreet outfitter

2bluegill

2warleader

2divine favour

2muster for battle

1consecrate

2truesilver

1 grimstreet protector

2mystery challenger

2anyfin

1 hour ago, TheEviscerator said:

hey guys,ive made this super gimmicky wild paladin deck. Game plan is to aggro the guy,and if that fails smack him in the face for 32.

2smugglers rum

2 secret keeper

2noble sacrifice

2avenge

2redemption

2minibot

2grimstreet outfitter

2bluegill

2warleader

2divine favour

2muster for battle

1consecrate

2truesilver

1 grimstreet protector

2mystery challenger

2anyfin

If you could add Competitive Spirit to the deck, it would be good I guess, thinking you would likely have several minions on board at any given time. Also, Grimestreet Protector does not have good targets, that card is good if you could give bigger minions divine shield. Maybe take that out?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

If you could add Competitive Spirit to the deck, it would be good I guess, thinking you would likely have several minions on board at any given time. Also, Grimestreet Protector does not have good targets, that card is good if you could give bigger minions divine shield. Maybe take that out?

oh sorry i meant the 5mana4/4 [Grimestreet Enforcer] at the end of your turn give minions in hand a buff lol...but do i replace it anyways

wait thats pretty cool...how do you add the card with the link like that?

Edited by TheEviscerator
Added the card

23 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

Anyway,took your advice and took out enforcer for spirit.I've also been thinking of -1truesilver and -1repentance for 2 shredders...hopefully itll work lol

Hi!

I recently tested some Rouge-builds and since I love Decks with a bit of RNG, I wanted to built one around the "stealing"-mechanic. So this version got a very smooth mana-curve (but only up to 6) and all available Jade-cards to get some better lategame (in addition to the random stuff you get from your enemys class).

So I thought that two copies of Fan of Knives might be a litte much. Maybe N'Zoth, the Corruptor would be an option?

What do you think? To slow? To control-ish? Not enough lategame?

Thanks!

jadeswitcheroo.png

Edited by Taan

@TaanI would swap Shadow Strikes out for Shaku, the Collector and Edwin VanCleef. Not sure if I'd throw Jade in the mix, but I guess that's personal preference. 
N'Zoth, the Corruptor would be an option if the meta is slower. The meta is too fast for N'Zoth, the Corruptor decks I feel. N'Zoth decks get killed very quickly by aggro, and since it's easy to recognize Zoth decks in standard, Reno decks will likely pick Mystic Wool from Kazakus, which will pretty much win them the game. So, no, not really, N'Zoth, the Corruptor isn't a reliable option right now.

On 2/28/2017 at 8:24 AM, Taan said:

Hi!

I recently tested some Rouge-builds and since I love Decks with a bit of RNG, I wanted to built one around the "stealing"-mechanic. So this version got a very smooth mana-curve (but only up to 6) and all available Jade-cards to get some better lategame (in addition to the random stuff you get from your enemys class).

So I thought that two copies of Fan of Knives might be a litte much. Maybe N'Zoth, the Corruptor would be an option?

What do you think? To slow? To control-ish? Not enough lategame?

Thanks!

I would cut the jades for a miracle package.  Jades don't really work well with the rogue class, we don't have the healing or AoE to stabilize a board well to play the long game, on top of only having two jade class cards, so our jades our inherently weaker, N'Zoth can somewhat make up for this since we have the raptor and the swarmer, but as Positiv pointed out, N'zoth is a gamble in our current meta.  On the other hand, the miracle package is strong enough to carry a game on its own, even if you don't run a finisher with it, on top of that, auctioneer gives you a way to use some of the semi worthless spells you get from burgling.  I believe it was Savjz who was running a burgle miracle rogue on stream a few months ago and he did reasonably well with it.

One of the decks I am most excited about experimenting with is going to be waygate mage.  The list I am going to try first is this one

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/mage#28:2;49:2;177:2;303:1;428:2;467:2;489:2;525:1;672:1;33155:1;42028:2;42049:2;49621:2;55450:2;55451:1;55508:1;55551:1;55552:2;55553:1;

Any advice/discussion/criticism welcome.  I wanted to avoid going with two Cabalist's Tome since they are clunky to use at the best of times.  Molten Reflection is there to increase the consistency of the combo draw, and I cut cards like Fireball to ensure that Hemet, Jungle Hunter will leave me with almost exclusively combo pieces.  I am also considering cutting Bloodmage Thalnos for a Shimmering Tempest as well, not sure if I want more extra spells or more card draw.

Edited by VaraTreledees

14 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

One of the decks I am most excited about experimenting with is going to be waygate mage.  The list I am going to try first is this one

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/mage#28:2;49:2;177:2;303:1;428:2;467:2;489:2;525:1;672:1;33155:1;42028:2;42049:2;49621:2;55450:2;55451:1;55508:1;55551:1;55552:2;55553:1;

Any advice/discussion/criticism welcome.  I wanted to avoid going with two Cabalist's Tome since they are clunky to use at the best of times.  Molten Reflection is there to increase the consistency of the combo draw, and I cut cards like Fireball to ensure that Hemet, Jungle Hunter will leave me with almost exclusively combo pieces.  I am also considering cutting Bloodmage Thalnos for a Shimmering Tempest as well, not sure if I want more extra spells or more card draw.

Hmm, you got some nice ideas there. I would consider running Burgly Bully, because the coins also count for the quest and you get more mana to spend during your extra turns. Bloodmage Thalnos seems a bit off, as you said, and I don't think, that you need more carddraw, since most of your cards are situational or combo-pieces, leaving you with a big hand anyways. Shimmering Tempest seems to slow, considering aggro will still be around in the new meta.

There is an issue (a small one) that I see with the combo: it might be a problem getting around taunt-minions.

All in all it might be a bit inconsistent at first glance, considering you relying only on Doomsayer + Frost Nova and Frostbolt to keep the enemy board in check. The rest are random spells, that might turn out to be useless.

44 minutes ago, Taan said:

I would consider running Burgly Bully, because the coins also count for the quest and you get more mana to spend during your extra turns.

Ok, now this is thinking outside the box. Or maybe it was just too obvious and I missed it.

Also, if there are spells in the deck, Bloodmage Thalnos is never off. I am not saying this because I like the card, but seriously, it is the definition of 'versatile'.

@VaraTreledees: Why not Blizzard? You can take out the Cabalist's Tome, and what does Hemet, Jungle Hunter do exactly? I mean, it leaves you with combo pieces, yeah, but it looks like you focus on combo too much, you forget things that could help you get there, you know, the stall. As a combo deck, I guess this deck needs more board clears, and Fireball.

Kabal Courier is not guaranteed to give you a spell, priest and warlock have minions too. On the other hand, Mana Bind is going to give you a spell, and you can draw it with Arcanologist, which will also increase the consistency of this card. And you will get to your combo faster.

So, with Primordial GlyphBabbling Book and Mana Bind, you have the 6 spells you need. Elise the Trailblazer has a high chance of giving you one, at least. This should work.

Could you guys help me improve my quest warlock?

I made a zooish version to speed up the game a bit, but feels very inconsistent.

2x abusive

1x lakarri sacrifice

2x malchezar's imp

2x possessed villager

2x soulfire

2x voilwalker

1x clutchmother

2x darkshire librarian

2x darkshire councilman

2x silverware golemn

2x defender of argus

2x lakarri fellhound

2x ravenous pterrodax

2x doomguard

1x kara kazam

2 cruel dinomancer

1x siphon soul

@Ithilrandir

Cruel Dinomancer doesn't fit in this deck.  Cruel Dinomancer may be a card for a control warlock with big minions allowing to get some compensation from discarded Lord Jaraxxus and stuff like that.  

Kara Kazham! is a bad card, especially when you have  very little synergy with it. Forbidden Ritual is far more versatile 

Don't call the deck with 2 real 2 drops "zooish".  You  want 6-8

On 4/6/2017 at 11:47 AM, FanOfValeera said:

Ok, now this is thinking outside the box. Or maybe it was just too obvious and I missed it.

Also, if there are spells in the deck, Bloodmage Thalnos is never off. I am not saying this because I like the card, but seriously, it is the definition of 'versatile'.

@VaraTreledees: Why not Blizzard? You can take out the Cabalist's Tome, and what does Hemet, Jungle Hunter do exactly? I mean, it leaves you with combo pieces, yeah, but it looks like you focus on combo too much, you forget things that could help you get there, you know, the stall. As a combo deck, I guess this deck needs more board clears, and Fireball.

Kabal Courier is not guaranteed to give you a spell, priest and warlock have minions too. On the other hand, Mana Bind is going to give you a spell, and you can draw it with Arcanologist, which will also increase the consistency of this card. And you will get to your combo faster.

So, with Primordial GlyphBabbling Book and Mana Bind, you have the 6 spells you need. Elise the Trailblazer has a high chance of giving you one, at least. This should work.

The Un'Goro Pack is also a spell.  You need more then 6 to active the quest reliably, and mana bind is GAWD AWFUL slow (deck has trouble with warriors and aggro not control match ups).  Fire Balls are surprisingly easy to cut, you don't miss them nearly as much as you would think.  I went with a slightly modified version of the deck I posted, no Hemet, Jungle HunterAcolyte of Pain's or Ice Barrier.  Went with 2 Volcanic Potion's, a Polymorph and Meteor.  So far, warriors and hunters seem to be the hardest matches.  

Warriors just feel like an uphill battle the entire way, regardless of the type they are playing.  Hunter also seems somewhat difficult, although my sample size is rather small, only played 1 quest hunter who got stupid lucky, snowballed a Stampede into a victory when he drew 5 Carnassa's Brood in a row, also played a couple midrange hunters, that one doesn't seem nearly as hard given reasonable draws on both sides, played 3 lost 2 one was due to an exceptional curve and 2 highmanes, the other was just a very poor draw on my part.  Aside from that, I have won every mage mirror but one (which was due to some unfortunate RNG and a Mayor Noggenfogger) and there have been quite a few, only played one druid, won that match but sample size too small but it felt really easy.  Rogue seems a toss up, if they get the nuts then it is nearly impossible to beat quest rogue, otherwise the match up still feels unflavored but not terribly so.  Midrange shaman feels pretty favorable, only played one match but he had a pretty decent draw and couldn't come close to winning.  Priest and handlock feel very very favorable.  Haven't played any zoo yet and only played a single super lopsided match vs murloc shaman and mid range paladin (the shaman got a terrible draw and didn't really have much of a chance, the paladin played a Steward of Darkshire > The Coin > Lost in the Jungle on turn 3 then Lightfused Stegodon into the deathrattle summon 2 1/1's on turn 4, and snowballed the board super hard from there).

Edited by VaraTreledees

so i have this interesting idea, im being very stubborn about getting a deck together for the hunter quest, at first i found it wasnt working because i was flooding the deck with 1 drops and losing complete control by like turn 4. at some point i thought to try using an elemental angle since we can get fire flys and igneous fire spirits. this is what ive wound up with thus far, but any ideas would be sweet

1 x abusive sergeant
2 x fire bat
2 x fire fly
1 x glacial shard
1 x hunter's mark
2 x jeweled macaw
1 x raptor hatchling
1 x stampede
1 x the marsh queen
2 x grievous bite
2 x volatile elemental
2 x animal companion
2 x deadly shot
2 x igneous elemental
2 x multi-shot
2x tol'vir stoneshaper
2 x servant of kalimos
2 x tol'vir warden

i dont really have much from the mission expansions since im a f2p player. i have multi-shot because i felt that i was having a hard time without much board clear and that along with grievous are really the only solutions besides maybe packing tentacle or explosive trap. im only around rank 20 because i havent really played much in a long while until un'goro was announced

Edited by Nopedini
misspelt multi-shot

so i have this interesting idea, im being very stubborn about getting a deck together for the hunter quest, at first i found it wasnt working because i was flooding the deck with 1 drops and losing complete control by like turn 4. at some point i thought to try using an elemental angle since we can get fire flys and igneous fire spirits. this is what ive wound up with thus far, but any ideas would be sweet

Well, the Idea of playing elementals in this deck is kind of sweet. But you should ask yourself what kind of deck you want to play. In this version might take a long time to activate the Quest, so this is definitely not a super agressive Deck.  The thing is, you pay a lot to get the quest going: you basically skip your first turn (even if you got a 1-drop on your opening hand) or "waste" your coin and you loose a card on your opening hand for keeping the quest. So to compensate that, you have to make the quest count. Which means: you need to activate it quite fast in every game. And this pretty much locks you on playing an agressive deck, more than a midrange one.

So if you do that, you probably want to cut Deadly Shot and Multi-Shot, because they are slow and kind of unreliable. Boardclear is a big problem of Hunter, but with the Quest you want to generate Tempo early on and dominate the board with your minions...so if everything works out, boardclear wont be necessary.

Other cards you should consider are:

- Kill Command (Hunter Staple)

- Alleycat (2/2 of stats for one and cuteness-bonus)

Dispatch Kodo (good to get some more boardcontrol without playing less "beasts")

Nesting Roc (more midrangy, but an outstanding useful card)

- Crackling Razormaw (is also usefull in many stages of the game)

Hey guys, packed carverns below, and made this deck. Tried Moroes, but was a bit too slow. This is meant to be a hyperaggressive rogue deck

2 shadowstep

2 prep

2 backstab

1 carverns below

2 swashburglar

2 deckhand

2 boar

2 fire fly

1 patches

2 evis

2 youthful brewmaster

2 gadgetzan ferryman

2 ingenous elemental

1 fan of knives

2 coldlight oracle

1 edwin

2 violet teacher

I've been doing quite well with my constructed hunter deck. So far I earned rank 13 with little effort through win streaks. I wanted to know what other people think about the deck so I figured I'd post it and see what the community thinks about it. I've never posted anything on this website so I'm not 100% sure If this is the place to bring it but I'm doing what I can in hopes this will catch some eyes. I've gotten a 76% win rate with this deck going 19-6. Any positive criticism would be appreciated and I'm open to deck alteration ideas. I think the deck is fairly self explanatory but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask 

Hunter's Mark x 2
Jeweled Macaw x 2
Explosive Trap x 2
Kindly Grandmother x 2
Loot Hoarder x 2
Scavenging Hyena x 2
Acolyte of Pain x 2
Animal Companion x 2
Shaky Zipgunner x 2
Terrorscale Stalker x 2
Unleash the Hounds
Barnes
Infested Wolf x 2
Spiritsinger Umbra
Tundra Rhino
Savannah Highmane x 2
Swamp King Dred
N'Zoth, the Corruptor

DRhunter.png

@positiv2I feel the main concerns of this deck are that it lacks a completely reliable early game. You're right-the violet teachers were a bit clunky, so i swapped them out for murloc tidehunters to get some body on the board erleir and also for more shadowstep or brewmaster value.

ok guys so here is a guide for a deck, its my first ever time posting and the deck was just mashed together because i love priest and have not seen any quest priest decks yet. please feel free to leave any comments on improvements i could make.

1x awaken the makers

2x crystaliine oracle

2x inner fire

2x northshire cleric (this might go its not great in the deck)

1x potion of madness

2x divine spirit

2x loot horder

1x shadow word: pain

2x volatile elemental

2x devilsaur egg

1x kabal talon priest

1x shadow word death

2x shifting shade

2x tortollan shellraiser

2x twilight summoner

1x cairne bloodhoof

1x dragonfire potion 

1x moat lurker

1x free from amber

1x n'zoth the curruptor

Now the tactic behind this deck is quiet obvious, control the tempo on board and fight till fatigue if needs be. N'zoth is a great finisher and the guaranteed reno effect from the quest is amazing when played right, even though the deathrattle minions arent the strongest, they stick to the board pretty well,now this is the first ever deck ive made and the win rate is fantastic, but perhaps thats just due to it not being a net deck and people cant play around it? so please leave any comments on what i could use as an improvement, thanks 

@SunlizardI wouldn't run Acolyte of Pain or double Hunter's Mark in current meta in EU and NA regions. Instead, staple Kill Command should be included in two copies, as you do have a lot of beasts to trigger it reliably. One copy of Crackling Razormaw should work as well. 
Now to the core of the deck - are you sure you want N'Zoth hunter? Especially since hunter excels at aggro playstyle, and N'Zoth, the Corruptor decks are pretty much a coin toss nowadays, mainly because there are no good neutral deathrattle taunts in standard, which is something that is desired when spending the whole turn playing one card.

@TheEvisceratorSounds like a solid swap, though I would value Bilefin Tidehunter higher than a Murloc Tidehunter. You get a taunt, which is especially desirable once you play Crystal Core. You do not gain any advantage from the murloc trait of the Murloc Scout, which means the taunt is more valuable than the murloc trait.

@RufusHow much free dust do you currently have? You play cards that seem like budget swaps, and that could be replaced with more expensive cards.