Sottle

The Rate/Improve my deck thread.

1033 posts in this topic

I am still experimenting with the deck, trying to improve it without turning it into something I don't like.

I like your suggestion, Thoughtsteal is usually a card not fitting into a deck with a certain strategy (same why I think Devour Mind is barely worth using ) but it might be fun here :)

Hi all! New to heartstone here and having a lot of fun. All the guides on this page and forums really helped get me started, big thanks! :)

While collecting dust for Fire Plume's Heart, i've been taking the cards I have and tried to put together something I haven't seen played yet. Behold, the Fatpriest.

xf7inf1.png

The goal of this deck is to early and repeatedly put enough buffed (or just strong) minions on the deck, that neither repeated fireballs nor hard removal can clear them all, thus achieving board control and also putting serious enough threats on the board to give Jade Druid and all the quest decks a run for their money. And DS > DS > IF on a Mogushan Warden is of course an occasional wet dream that wins games on round 6, but i'm not relying on that combo since it's very rare.

Plan is to replace Temple Enforcer for another Talonpriest when I get one.

I find Mogushan warden is the hardest potential play of the deck. Playing a 1/7 on turn 3/4 and having it attack as a 7/7 on turn 5 seems to really destroy decks. Opponents usually play removal on Shadow ascendant, Tar Creeper or Northshire Cleric instead, leaving the warden mostly alone for that one round.

The aim of Circle of healing is to bring minions back to max health before a DS or IF. It can also fill my hand if there's a cleric on the board.

Some problems I can spot with the deck is:

Mana curve, while it does have a good early game on paper, much of it is spells so some games I end up with four cheap spells and Bone Drake + Bonemare and just watch the opponent go nuts on my face while I roll my thumbs until turn 6.

Card draw, would like to have more to more consistently get the spells I need to win, but i'm not sure what to add to accomplish this. the cleric can win me games but about half the games it's not much more than a piñata, so running out of cards does happen. I actually find the Loot hoarder more consistent in the long run, and that is why it is there.

Edited by svetob

I've dabbled in hearthstone since it was first released but I've never sunk much time into it. A bit ago when I came back the Innkeeper helped me put together a mage deck, which I've tweaked slightly but I'm realizing how little I get deck building theory. Can someone look over http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/936163-jaina-innkeepers-deck and my collection http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/Jasmeralia/collection and give me some advice as to how to improve? I'm mostly concerned with my mage cards, but I'd also like to play a paladin and a warlock so I wouldn't want to DE those class cards. I am mostly interested in adventure modes, not PvP.

If I need to buy a few packs, I'm down with that. Just not sure where I should focus expac wise.

Thanks. 

Edited by Jasmeralia

How's my tempo Warrior? Sadly I don't have DK Garrosh

### Tempo
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Blood To Ichor
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 2x (2) Battle Rage
# 1x (2) Commanding Shout
# 1x (2) Dead Man's Hand
# 2x (2) Execute
# 1x (2) Slam
# 2x (2) Sleep with the Fishes
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Fiery War Axe
# 2x (3) Frothing Berserker
# 2x (3) Mountainfire Armor
# 2x (3) Ravaging Ghoul
# 2x (4) Blood Razor
# 2x (5) Direhorn Hatchling
# 1x (5) Sudden Genesis
# 1x (6) Bone Drake
# 1x (7) Bonemare

2 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

I think it lacks high impact damage. Your only sources for that are 2 Frothing Berserker (if you can make them strong enough), 1 Bone Drake and 1 Bonemare. You might get luck with Sudden Genesis but still more a gamble.

But I have to say warrior is not my favorite class ;)

He doesn't need to. With 2x Dead Man's Hand, he'll win by fatigue

13 hours ago, daveydwb said:

How's my tempo Warrior? Sadly I don't have DK Garrosh

### Tempo
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Blood To Ichor
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 2x (2) Battle Rage
# 1x (2) Commanding Shout
# 1x (2) Dead Man's Hand
# 2x (2) Execute
# 1x (2) Slam
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Fiery War Axe
# 2x (3) Mountainfire Armor
# 2x (3) Ravaging Ghoul
# 2x (4) Blood Razor
# 2x (5) Direhorn Hatchling
# 1x (5) Sudden Genesis
# 1x (6) Bone Drake
# 1x (7) Bonemare

Where are the brawls? And why don't you add the murloc that draws 2 (I don't remember the english name sorry)? And I think you may need a Skulking Geist to defeat jade druids...

I don't think that you NEED DK garrosh, as the armor gain can be enough good by itself....

I made some changes to the deck to make it more consistent. I do need high damage though. 

### Tempo
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Blood To Ichor
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 2x (2) Battle Rage
# 2x (2) Execute
# 1x (2) Forge of Souls
# 2x (2) Slam
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Fiery War Axe
# 2x (3) Ravaging Ghoul
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Blood Razor
# 2x (5) Alley Armorsmith
# 1x (5) Brawl
# 1x (6) Bone Drake
# 1x (7) Bonemare

Before I changed it I played versions of the common Demon or Handlock decks. I enjoyed them but I got bored :D

Now it's a bit more fun oriented by having only one copy of some cards in the deck instead of two as well as enjoying more unusual cards like Bane of Doom and something I never used before Prince Taldaram (which performs surprisingly well). I thought about adding Twilight Drake and/or another Mountain Giant but I decided to keep it more demon themed.

Deck Code: AAECAf0GCBeKAdsGigfhB8LOApfTAp3iAgswtgf7B8QIzAjdvALexALnywKizQL3zQKX6AIA

Edited by Caldyrvan

3 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

Before I changed it I played versions of the common Demon or Handlock decks. I enjoyed them but I got bored :D

Now it's a bit more fun oriented by having only one copy of some cards in the deck instead of two as well as enjoying more unusual cards like Bane of Doom and something I never used before Prince Taldaram (which performs surprisingly well). I thought about adding Twilight Drake and/or another Mountain Giant but I decided to keep it more demon themed.

Deck Code: AAECAf0GCBeKAdsGigfhB8LOApfTAp3iAgswtgf7B8QIzAjdvALexALnywKizQL3zQKX6AIA

I would personally drop the dread infernals, the mountain giant, and probably the taldaram for 2 farseers and 2 golaka crawlers.  Second nether, second doomsayer, shadow bolts, and spell breakers are all also very strong.  I don't like the single mountain giant, I feel like you either need to go 2 twilight drakes and 2 mountain giants or zero of the entire package.  The only match up you really want that package against is priest, while it is also helpful vs big druid and jade druid with the amount of aggro druid on the ladder you would never keep either vs druid which makes it a lot less desirable.  Without the package, this decks match up vs priest is going to be abysmal, with it, it will simply be very unfavorable.  Where as the package will hurt your aggro mach up considerably, which are the good match ups for this deck.  I feel the best strategy is just go hard on the aggro, and try to dodge the priests.

• Thanks 1

I get the feeling you missed my point a bit. If I wanted the deck as optimal as possible I could just copy a top deck ;)

Your suggestions for an optimized deck are reasonable though. I'm not going for legend rank with that deck but trying to have good deck and even with more defeats I want having more fun. But I think I will see if I can include at least one Spellbreaker.

And after I saw ppl messing around with all princes in their deck and that on legends rank it can't be too bad to try something different, I'm getting a bit tired of the same dull stuff all the time ;)

Anyway thanks for your advices :)

2 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

I get the feeling you missed my point a bit. If I wanted the deck as optimal as possible I could just copy a top deck ;)

Your suggestions for an optimized deck are reasonable though. I'm not going for legend rank with that deck but trying to have good deck and even with more defeats I want having more fun. But I think I will see if I can include at least one Spellbreaker.

And after I saw ppl messing around with all princes in their deck and that on legends rank it can't be too bad to try something different, I'm getting a bit tired of the same dull stuff all the time ;)

Anyway thanks for your advices :)

Cut Hellfire, deck should have enough board clear with Defile, Abyssal EnforcerDread Infernal and Twisting Nether, add Prince Valanar if you have it, it is a good midrange minion, and since you can't add Earthen Ring Farseer (because of Prince Taldaram), some healing should be good. If not, add Spellbreaker

To be honest, Prince Taldaram doesn't seem to have much use in this deck, except copying opposing value sources and your own The Lich King. Copying demons is not important as you already have enough for DK. Add Cairne Bloodhoof if you have one (sometimes I really miss Sylvanas Windrunner), you can cut Mountain Giant.

Whatever the slow deck you are playing, Doomsayer is a must (for almost all control decks), if you can craft another copy, you won't regret it. Seriously, it is one of the numerous classic epics that you should definitely have, both copies if possible (as you also like playing different kinds of decks)

So, as far as I understood your concern with this deck;

-2x Hellfire

-1x Mountain Giant

+1x Prince Valanar (or Spellbreaker)

+1x Doomsayer

+1x Cairne Bloodhoof (if you don't have it, add Skulking Geist to make fun of how tiny jade golems or Doppelgangster can be, though Prince-3 potential will decrease)

• Like 1

Very nice suggestions :)

Prince Valanar is the only one I'm missing, I already replaced one Dread Infernal with a Spellbreaker, sadly I don't have Cairne but I like your Geist suggestion.

And for Prince Taldaram when I put in I thought same "yea you just use it to use it, will not be that great" but he helped me a lot. Copying the Lich King is something obvious, I guess, I had two games where I copied Tainted Zealot which won me the game. Useful on the Dreadlord sometimes and I had some nice copies from enemy minions. It will always be a 3/3 but it copies everything else. Was pretty nice to copy a fully equipped Corpsetaker :).

I know, to have another card instead of the Prince might have been even better but as I said, I think he's not bad and definitely fun to play.

And yes, I know I'm a strange person to create a deck that might be less effective in return for more fun ;)

Edited by Caldyrvan

Lucky me, Just got Prince Valanar as well as Malfurion the Pestilent from a few packs :D I said I wanted to be fun oriented I changed a bit and thought it's natural to add Marin ;) A little update here (and yes I kept that one Mountain Giant)

Edited by Caldyrvan

Just my first quick ele deck :)

I will try it how it is now but I already have some changes in mind.

I might replace one Murmuring Elemental with a Mana Tide totem. I'm not not sure about Healing Rain. I never thought I will include a spell in a deck that is doing nothing else than healing. at best it's borrowed time. But when I saw this card I thought about moments when several of your minions make value trades, due to the split of healing rain it might heal all of them instead of leaving them all vulnerable, even if you don't use the full 12 points of healing it might be worth the card, we will see.

Zola the Gorgon is experimental and planned for some fancy combos with Murmuring Elemental or other Elementals preferable Grumble or Kalimos.

You might disagree to use Earth Shock instead of the more common use of Lighning Bolt but I always like it and with the new cards having a lot of potentially great deathrattle effects it might help even more. Thoughts?

Edited by Caldyrvan

Hey, I' not sure this is any good and I just played a few games with it so far. It's fun to play and doing fine. I miss a few cards I would like to see in this deck but I'm not eager to craft them right now, like a 2nd Branching Paths. The main reason why I created this deck is because I completely stopped playing druid, seeing aggro and jade druids all the time made sad, so I'm glad to play something totally different. 

(Note for the bosses here: Looks like the  "Import Deck" feature still has some issues with the new cards from K&C)

I had few interesting games trying out the new cards with this deck, modified it here and there and if I get a good draw it has a lot of power. Sadly its average performance is very poor. But I had to try the new cards :D

### Woe is me
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Molten Blade
# 2x (1) Shield Slam
# 1x (1) Whirlwind
# 1x (2)Dead Man's Hand
# 2x (2)Execute
# 1x (2) Forge of Souls
# 2x (2) Slam
# 1x (2) Sleep with the Fishes
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 2x (4) Blood Razor
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (6) Gemstudded Golem
# 2x (6) Unidentified Shield
# 1x (7) Tar Lord
# 1x (8) Charged Devilsaur
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
# 1x (8) Woecleaver
# 2x (9) Blood of The Ancient One
# 1x (9) Sleepy Dragon
# 1x (10) Deathwing
# 1x (10) Faceless Behemoth

AAECAQcO0gKvBPwEwgb5rALGwgLGwwLMwwKZxwKOzgL2zwLm0wLL5wL95wIIS6IEkQb/B7IIp60CzM0Cz+UCAA==

This deck is just a heavily modified / personalized version of "Seven's Big Control Warrior" since I am missing a fair amount of legendary cards / new cards.  As you will notice I use a lot more minions with a slightly more spread out cost, multiple 'finishers' so to speak of, and maybe an extra weapon or two. 

Personally I would like to switch out 1 Blood Razor for a Gather Your Party (I have borderline 0 dust)

Faceless Behemoth for a taunt or charge minion  -  Any ideas for anything else to switch around?

I have a decent amount of cards but borderline 0 dust (3200 dust into 2 legendaries for HighLander Priest) because I have been playing since before GvG but after Beta.  I am missing a fair amount of cards from Kobolds, most legendary minions in general, and I am debating putting in a Dragonhatcher so I would guaranteed get Sleepy Dragon or Deathwing (assuming they are no in my hand)

Hello world! I had some trouble with my 'big spell deck' against some tempo dragon mixed priest. I'm at rank 15, and  i can't climb more than that, so u guys have some tip for me? Maybe my deck can get some improvement? Thanks anyway.
Legendary cards available: Pyros, Baron Geddon.
Epic cards available: Primordial Glyph, Blazecaller
Rares/Commons: All of them (mage cards).
I dont have karazhan adventure bought.

Class: Mage

Format: Standart

Year of the mammoth

Hearthstone Screenshot 01-08-18 22.18.11.png

Hey, I'm not a pro for Big Spell Mage but the concept is pretty simply and as far as I can say, I would cut the Ice Block, the one will not help you much and since it is a spell (low cost spell) it is messing up with the concept of the deck then you could remove the Arcanologist as well. Additionally you should use 2x Doomsayer to deal with pressure in the early game.

You said you don't have Kara so Babbling Book is not an option unless you craft them, maybe you could try Shimmering Tempest but it's 2 mana compared to the 1 of Babbling Book.

And I am not so sure what you want with the Kabal Courier it's a 3 mana 2/2, which is bad, and has a good chance of giving you nothing useful. Replacing them with something that costs the same but has better stats would add a bit more defensive power and it would make the deck more consistent, I think.

Btw, when posting here you can use the "Import Deck" feature to post your deck, it's easier to read than a Screenshot, imo :)

Edited by Caldyrvan

13 hours ago, 3BR4K said:

Hello world! I had some trouble with my 'big spell deck' against some tempo dragon mixed priest. I'm at rank 15, and  i can't climb more than that, so u guys have some tip for me? Maybe my deck can get some improvement? Thanks anyway.
Legendary cards available: Pyros, Baron Geddon.
Epic cards available: Primordial Glyph, Blazecaller
Rares/Commons: All of them (mage cards).
I dont have karazhan adventure bought.

Class: Mage

Format: Standart

Year of the mammoth

Hearthstone Screenshot 01-08-18 22.18.11.png

1 ice block isn't worth it, you can go for 2 if you want to improve your match up vs highlander priest and cube lock a little bit, but it does make the deck pretty inconsistent, hitting it with dragons fury or raven familiar just sucks.  Anomalus is pretty poor, I would cut him too.  Definitely need a second polymorph, too good to pass up with jaina.  Doomsayer and yogg are good additions, I wouldn't craft yogg if you don't have him, doomsayers are good though and staples in a lot of decks.  You can also cut the couriers.  They are kind of eeeeh.  I would put in 2 corridor creepers for them.  (In short, -1 ice block, -1 anomalus, -1 archanologist, -2 kabal couriers, +2 doomsayers, +2 corridor creepers, +1 polymorph.)

Hey guys - First time here

I haven't played much and my collection isn't as exciting as it could be because of this, but I really enjoy the hunter class, but after the Kobolds and Catacombs I seem to having trouble moving up as much on the ranked ladder (I never really got very high, but it is significantly worse now :( )

Anyways, here is the deck:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1024549-aggro/

I have a few questions:

I enjoy the relatively fast pace of the deck, but seem to struggle with a lack of cards against more late game oriented decks... How can I help this?

If I have the quest, would it be worth to go for more 1-drops (webspinner, timber wolf, fire fly)?

Stitched tracker - is he worth it with the card draw?

Semi-cheap alternative for Oasis Snapjaw?

How do I link directly to the cards?

Any other comments, improvements and suggenstions are welcome :)

My collection: http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/Venzel45/collection

(if any of you guys would rather comment on a warlock deck I got one that needs a hand too :D http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1024564-demons - Basically I tried to play smaller minions and then use the Skull of Man'ari to get some demons on the board... it is rather inconsistent, so any help with more consistency would help)

Thanks in advance :)

10 hours ago, Venzel45 said:

Hey guys - First time here

I haven't played much and my collection isn't as exciting as it could be because of this, but I really enjoy the hunter class, but after the Kobolds and Catacombs I seem to having trouble moving up as much on the ranked ladder (I never really got very high, but it is significantly worse now :( )

Anyways, here is the deck:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1024549-aggro/

I have a few questions:

I enjoy the relatively fast pace of the deck, but seem to struggle with a lack of cards against more late game oriented decks... How can I help this?

If I have the quest, would it be worth to go for more 1-drops (webspinner, timber wolf, fire fly)?

Stitched tracker - is he worth it with the card draw?

Semi-cheap alternative for Oasis Snapjaw?

How do I link directly to the cards?

Any other comments, improvements and suggenstions are welcome :)

My collection: http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/Venzel45/collection

(if any of you guys would rather comment on a warlock deck I got one that needs a hand too :D http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1024564-demons - Basically I tried to play smaller minions and then use the Skull of Man'ari to get some demons on the board... it is rather inconsistent, so any help with more consistency would help)

Thanks in advance :)

Your collection and deck are private my dude.  For directly linking alt + H.  I don't play much wild, so take my advice with a grain of salt.  If you are having trouble with say warlock, spell breaker is a great tech option.  Silencing void lords and cubes full of void lords goes a long way in pushing damage.  As far as 4 drops for hunters, houndmaster and piloted shredder are the go to options I believe, Even then, 4 might be pushing it (assuming you are going with a more mid rangey board centric hunter).  Most face hunter decks pretty much cap the curve at 3, barring the obligatory creepers (which lets be honest are pretty much always going to be cast for 3 or less) and leeroy for the burst.  Stitched tracker is generally not worth it.  He can be used in some niche hunter decks, but for the standard play dudes, trade with dudes, hit other dudes in the face with your dudes, then apply button and kill commands liberally to forehead  you really want things with much better stats to mana cost ratio, bonus points if these stats come over multiple bodies off of death rattles, things like haunted creeper, shredder, etc.  As for the amount of 1 drops you want in the deck, depends on how aggresively your deck is geared,  For a more mid range variant, IE play some dorks, and beat up the other dorks with them, you probably want 4-6ish, if you plan on a more SmOrc centric style, you probably want more.  If you don't know what SMOrcing is, let me direct you to 

Remember, taunt is cheat.

Edit: Also that video is NSFW due to language.  

Edited by VaraTreledees
  • Like 1

I think hunter is an overall boring class and I'm not playing wild so I I have no advice for you, but for linking cards I have :)

5a61a0bd8fd65_HSLinks.thumb.jpg.c2bb8bb7c54bb56df8ddb76cec020c03.jpg

1 Is for linking a singly card.

2 is for importing a complete deck by using the Hearthstone Link you get by copying a deck.

• Like 1