Bomb Hunter Deck List Guide (Rise of Shadows July 2019)
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Bomb Hunter in the Rise of Shadows expansion.
Bomb Hunter is an aggressive Mech deck that aims to rush down opponents. It makes use of various ways to summon Goblin Bombs to use as consistent targets for Magnetic effects, allowing Magnetic minions to be used for immediate damage.
Bomb Hunter has received a nice improvement from the June balance patch in the form of SN1P-SN4P, which functions as an additional mid-game mech or a strong standalone late-game minion.
1. Bomb Hunter Card List
This Bomb Hunter deck costs 7,840 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Hunter Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Bomb Hunter Mana Curve
3. Bomb Hunter Mulligan Guide
Bomb Hunter is a very aggressive deck. As a result, it is important to use your mulligan to find a strong opening curve to begin putting on pressure as soon as possible.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Mecharoo, Whirliglider, Ursatron.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Bomb Toss.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Replicating Menace, Explodinator.
4. Bomb Hunter Strategy
Your aim as a Bomb Hunter should be to rush down your opponents as quickly as possible. You should make use of Deathrattle effects like Mecharoo and various ways to summon Goblin Bombs to ensure you always have minions on the board. From here, you can use Magnetic minions like Wargear and Replicating Menace to buff your board and begin dealing damage to your opponent. Generally speaking, you should avoid trading as much as possible. However, if your opponent plays a huge threat, such as a Mountain Giant, you can make use of Magnetic cards like Spider Bomb or Venomizer to buff a cheap minion on your board to use as removal. When it comes to dealing the final points of damage, you can use Dire Wolf Alpha to buff and trade off your Goblin Bombs or simply use the combination of Missile Launcher and Venomizer to kill them off yourself.
Against Aggro, you should be more mindful of your opponent's threats and make trades as necessary. Bomb Toss becomes a very useful card at removing low-Health threats, and Dire Wolf Alpha is also incredibly useful and will allow you to trade off multiple small minions, such as Goblin Bombs, in a single turn to help retain control of the board.
Against Control, trading should be avoided at all costs due to the lack of card draw and therefore finite amount of damage available in the deck. It is also important to pace yourself with your threats by avoiding going too wide on the board to avoid cards like Brawl or too tall with Magnetic effects to avoid being punished by Shield Slam.
5. Bomb Hunter Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Unleash the Hounds for 1x Boommaster Flark, 1x Whirliglider.
- Against Control — Add 2x Animal Companion, for 2x Dire Wolf Alpha.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 04 Jun. 2019: Deck has been updated for the June balance patch. Removed 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze for 1x SN1P-SN4P.
- 07 May 2019: Guide has been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 26 Oct. 2018: Updated for Giggling Inventor nerfs. Cut the two Venomizers for two Terrorscale Stalkers.
- 02 Sep. 2018: Updated for September. Replaced Necromechanic with Zilliax.
- 08 Aug. 2018: Deck added.
- Tavern Brawl - The Blackrock Crash, Part 2
- Saviors of Uldum Legendary Card Reveal: Armagedillo
- Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal Schedule Announced
- Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal: Plague of Murlocs
- Three New Saviors of Uldum Cards Revealed
- Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal: Psychopomp
- New Saviors of Uldum Card Revealed: Plague of Madness
- Hearthside Chat and Three New Cards
- Top 20 Legend Overload Murloc Shaman
- Hint24's Legend Sacrifice Zoo
- Legend Black Knight Bomb Hunter
- Nicholena's Lucentbark Druid
- Charon's Top 50 Legend Miracle Mage
- Top 10 Legend Bomb Warrior
- Zeddy's Legend Control Warrior
- Masters Qualifier-winning Murloc Shaman