Clown Druid Deck List Guide - Madness at the Darkmoon Faire November 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Clown Druid in the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion.
Clown Druid is a ramp deck that aims to gain mana as quickly as possible to access its high-cost cards. With sufficient Mana the deck aims to exploit the synergy between Survival of the Fittest and Carnival Clown to create walls of huge Taunt minions to lock opponents out of the game.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Clown Druid Mulligan Guide
Clown Druid relies heavily on gaining Mana as quickly as possible to accelerate its Mana curve. This makes it essential to look for key ramp tools like Overgrowth in your mulligan.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Overgrowth, Wild Growth.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Lunar Eclipse.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — No further cards required against Control.
Clown Druid Strategy
When playing Clown Druid, your aim is to gain Mana as quickly as possible no matter the situation and only then should you worry about controlling the board. you will be largely reliant on Wild Growth and Overgrowth for gaining Mana with the occasional small boost from Innervate to play higher-Cost cards. After ramping as much as you can, you can freely use Overflow and Nourish to replenish your hand and any removal spells you have to control the board. Once you have access to 10 Mana, you should try to play Survival of the Fittest as soon as it is soon to do so, allowing you to empower your Carnival Clowns, Strongmans, and Anubisath Defenders to put pressure onto your opponent for the remainder of the game. If this is not enough to win the game, Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate and Y'Shaarj, the Defiler can be used for an additional burst of tempo each.
Against Aggro, you should make much more liberal use of your minions like Strongman and Anubisath Defender to defend you in the mid game. Similarly, it will not always be necessary to Corrupt your Carnival Clowns as simply creating a small number of Taunt minions will cause issues for most Aggro decks.
Against Control, you should try to optimise your play to get the maximum value from you cards. This largely means not playing minions until you have cast a copy of Survival of the Fittest. Additionally, it is worth holding onto your second copy of Survival of the Fittest to be used as burst damage, similar to Savage Roar or Bloodlust. This is mostly important due to the fact that minions returned to your hand via Y'Shaarj, the Defiler will not retain their buffs and may not be able to put enough pressure onto your opponent in their base state.
Clown Druid Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Moontouched Amulet for 2x Nourish.
- Against Control — Add 1x King Phaoris for 1x Lightning Bloom.
- 18 Nov. 2020: Guide added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- The Blizzard Gear Fest Has Begun!
- BlizzConline 2021 Will Be Free to Watch!
- David Kim, Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer Moves to WoW
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2020 Earnings Call
- Chris Metzen Unveils Warchief Gaming Tabletop Game Company
- Dave Kosak Leaves Blizzard After 12 Years