Control Jade Shaman Deck
This guide contains instructions on how to play Control Jade Shaman. This deck is based on Control Shaman decks that use powerful board clear and healing effects to survive until the late-game. This version utilises the Jade Golem mechanic to create huge boardstates to punish Control decks while also being able to use strong Control tools to survive against Aggro decks.
1. Control Jade Shaman Card List
This deck costs 5,600 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Shaman Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Control Jade Shaman Mana Curve
3. Control Jade Shaman Strategy
Control Jade Shaman is a deck that follows in the footsteps of various Control Shaman decks that have been popular in the past. It is a powerful deck that has a large range of tools capable of dealing with almost any aggression your opponent may throw your way. While controlling the board, the deck aims to play increasingly strong Jade Golem cards to eventually reach a critical mass to eventually win the game.
During the early-game the deck is very passive and you should mostly be looking to react to your opponents plays. Jade Claws and Doomsayer are your only proactive plays available, allowing you to invest in a Weapon for use on future turns, or stall your opponent for a turn to help you safely reach the mid-game. Additionally, Maelstrom Portal and Lava Shock are also cheap removal options to help deal with very aggressive openers from your opponent. However, due to the large amount of AoE and healing in the deck, it can sometimes be better to hold off to allow for more value in later turns.
Being able to evaluate when to use AoE and removal is a strong skill for playing the deck and having an understanding of your opponents deck greatly helps with this. Aggressive pirate decks for example, will often quickly run out of cards trying to lower your life total as quickly as possible. As a result, it is often correct to use your AoE Spells as soon as possible, knowing that it is highly unlikely you will ever enter a situation where they can outvalue you. If your opponent’s deck is capable of burst damage, you should be aware of how much damage they are capable of and make sure you clear their board before your Health is in range of their burst. Against most other decks, it is often better to play it as slow as possible to ensure you get maximum value out of your AoE, especially if you anticipate them playing more minions on the following turns. These are just a few examples and in most cases it comes down experience to get a feel for the correct timing.
Heading into the mid-game, you should continue trying to increase your Jade Golem strength using Jade Spirit if your opponent does not have a threatening board or Jade Lightning if some removal is required. At this stage in the game, you should not worry too much about your opponent easily removing your Jade Golem cards as their main purpose is to buff the strength of any future Jade Golems you play. Jinyu Waterspeaker is a powerful mid-game play against aggressive decks, providing strong stats to trade into multiple opposing minions while also healing you in the process.
Devolve is a card that rarely sees playing, but provides good utility for the deck. One of the biggest misconceptions about the card is that it is intended to deal with large numbers of opposing minions, and while it can be used in this way, it is often unnecessary. Although the effect of the cards hits all opposing minions it is more comparable to Hex than AoE board clears. Although the randomness Devolve may appear problematic, there are three main situations where it offers good value. Firstly, it is strong against buffed minions as the effect is based purely on a minions mana cost, making it a strong choice against cards such as Edwin VanCleef or minions buffed Power Word: Shield. Secondly, it is great against minions that are strong for their Mana cost, such as Flamewreathed Faceless or Twilight Guardian. Most importantly, Devolve is exceptional at dealing with awkward cards such as Deathrattle minions to prevent their effects and devaluing N'Zoth, the Corruptor. This can also greatly lower the quality your opponents minions to counter resurrect effects such as Kazakus potions.
Entering the late-game, your Jade Golem cards should be providing reasonable stats for their Mana cost, allowing cards such as Aya Blackpaw and Jade Chieftain to provide great value. Once you reach this stage of the game, you should keep playing your Jade Golem cards until your opponent is unable to answer them. During this time, it is important to be aware of what board clears are in your opponent’s deck. In most cases, a couple of strong unanswered Jade Golems is enough to quickly drop your opponents Health, allowing to save any further cards to close out the game should they draw into a strong board clear such as Twisting Nether or Equality.
4. Control Jade Shaman Synergies & Combinations
5. Control Jade Shaman Mulligans & Matchup Specific Strategies.
Jade Claws is an excellent card to keep in all matchups, providing access to Weapon removal against aggressive decks while also buffing your Jade Golems against slower decks.
Against Aggro, you should look for additional removal such as Maelstrom Portal, Doomsayer, and Lightning Bolt to ensure you do not get overrun in the early game. Jade Lightning can additionally be kept if your mulligan is already strong.
Against Control and Midrange, you should be looking for your Jade Golem cards to ensure the fastest possible start. Jade Spirit and Jade Lightning are strong cards to keep in addition to Jade Claws. Aya Blackpaw is also a good card to keep against Control specifically to ensure you can benefit from the double Jade Golem effect as soon as possible.
6. Control Jade Shaman Card Swaps
- 08 Aug. 2017: Guide updated to new Icy Veins Archetype format.
- 04 Apr. 2017: Removed 2x Lava Shock, 2x Elemental Destruction, 2x Healing Wave, 1x Brann Bronzebeard for 2x Lightning Bolt, 2x Doomsayer, 2x Tidal Surge, 1x Bloodmage Thalnos.
- 18 Jan. 2017: Deck added.
- Meta Report: Saviors of Uldum Week One
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2019 Earnings Call
- We've Upgraded Our Hearthstone Section!
- Saviors of Uldum Day 3: the Best Decks So Far
- Tavern Brawl: The Standard Brawliseum
- We Built a Quest Deck for Every Class in Saviors of Uldum
- Saviors of Uldum is Live Worldwide
- Every New Card from the Saviors of Uldum Reveal Stream
- Taunt Warrior Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Dono's Top 50 Legend
- Token Quest Shaman Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Integer's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Zoo Warlock Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Robot Wizard's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Holy Wrath OTK Paladin Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Meati's Top 10 Legend
- Combo Priest Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Rolle's Top 20 Legend
- Tempo Rogue Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Tortosh's Top 50 Legend
- Reno Mage Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Apxvoid's Rank 1 Legend
- Holy Wrath OTK Paladin Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Shuzo's Top 50 Legend