Dude Paladin (AKA Silver Hand Paladin) Archetype Guide
Silver Hand Paladin is an Archetype that has received useful tools in most expansions, but was never quite enough to be competitively viable. The Kobolds & Catacombs expansion finally changed that with powerful tools like Level Up!, Drygulch Jailor, and Unidentified Maul, and Crystal Lion.
The Archetype aims to play a stead stream of Silver Hand Recruits onto the board throughout the game with the aim of turning them into powerful threats using cards like Sunkeeper Tarim, Lightfused Stegodon and Level Up!. The threat of these cards alone forces opponents to play very defensively, often having to overreact to the state of the board.
Below, you will find link to our deck lists for Dude Paladin, starting with our featured deck, which we consider the most common variant.
Silver Hand Paladin Deck
- Guide written by Kat and last updated on Apr 12, 2018 (WW meta)
- Costs 6.4k ( 13 common, 11 rare, 4 epic, and 2 legendaries)
- Mana curve:
- Card breakdown: 4 Weapons • 9 Spells • 17 Minions
|Paladin Cards||Neutral Cards|
Silver Hand Paladin Deck is a balanced version of Silver Hand Paladin and is a good choice for those who wish to familiarise themselves with the Archetype. It is comprised of a large number of Silver Hand synergy cards to extract the maximum possible value from Silver Hand Recruits to dominate opponents.
1. Aim of Dude Paladin
Dude Paladin aims to play a steady stream of Silver Hand Recruits onto the board with the intention of buffing them into threatening minions in the future using cards like Level Up! and Lightfused Stegodon.
2. Dude Paladin Strengths and Weaknesses
Dude Paladin is particularly good against slower decks. A constant stream of Silver Hand Recruits can be played without ever buffing them, forcing resources out of opponents to deal with them. When opponents run out of ways to respond, a large number of Silver Hand Recruits can be buffed to end the game in a single turn.
Dude Paladin can struggle against Aggro decks, especially those which are able to develop strong boards. With many minions on board, Silver Hand Recruits can easily be removed for almost no cost, diminishing the potential of buffing effects.
3. Key Cards and Crafting for Dude Paladin
Unidentified Maul is an excellent flexible tool for Silver Hand Paladin. Its range of possible effects synergise well with large numbers of minions, as well as just being able to summon even more Silver Hand Recruits.
There are a broad range of Silver Hand synergy cards available and while not all of them are required, a decent number of them are required to play the archetype. These cards include: Lost in the Jungle, Drygulch Jailor, Lightfused Stegodon, Level Up!, Crystal Lion, and Vinecleaver.
- 12 Apr. 2018: Archetype page updated for the Witchwood expansion.
- 10 Dec. 2017: Archetype added.
- Meta Report: Saviors of Uldum Week One
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2019 Earnings Call
- We've Upgraded Our Hearthstone Section!
- Saviors of Uldum Day 3: the Best Decks So Far
- Tavern Brawl: The Standard Brawliseum
- We Built a Quest Deck for Every Class in Saviors of Uldum
- Saviors of Uldum is Live Worldwide
- Every New Card from the Saviors of Uldum Reveal Stream
- Quest Paladin
- Aggro Paladin - Uldum August 2019 - Jambre's Top 20 Legend
- Combo Priest - Uldum August 2019 - Quentinooo's Rank 1 Legend
- Highlander Hunter Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Kungmar's Top 10 Legend
- Stupid OTKs in Solo Adventures
- Quest Shaman
- Rank 1 Legend Highlander Hunter Deck - Uldum August 2019
- Fatigue Mage Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Charon's Top 100 Legend