Dude Paladin (AKA Silver Hand Paladin) Archetype Guide
Silver Hand Paladin is an Archetype that has received useful tools in most expansions, but was never quite enough to be competitively viable. The Kobolds & Catacombs expansion finally changed that with powerful tools like Level Up!, Drygulch Jailor, and Unidentified Maul, and Crystal Lion.
The Archetype aims to play a stead stream of Silver Hand Recruits onto the board throughout the game with the aim of turning them into powerful threats using cards like Sunkeeper Tarim, Lightfused Stegodon and Level Up!. The threat of these cards alone forces opponents to play very defensively, often having to overreact to the state of the board.
Below, you will find link to our deck lists for Dude Paladin, starting with our featured deck, which we consider the most common variant.
Silver Hand Paladin Deck
- Guide written by Kat and last updated on Apr 12, 2018 (WW meta)
- Costs 6.4k ( 13 common, 11 rare, 4 epic, and 2 legendaries)
- Mana curve:
- Card breakdown: 4 Weapons • 9 Spells • 17 Minions
|Paladin Cards||Neutral Cards|
Silver Hand Paladin Deck is a balanced version of Silver Hand Paladin and is a good choice for those who wish to familiarise themselves with the Archetype. It is comprised of a large number of Silver Hand synergy cards to extract the maximum possible value from Silver Hand Recruits to dominate opponents.
Aim of Dude Paladin
Dude Paladin aims to play a steady stream of Silver Hand Recruits onto the board with the intention of buffing them into threatening minions in the future using cards like Level Up! and Lightfused Stegodon.
Dude Paladin Strengths and Weaknesses
Dude Paladin is particularly good against slower decks. A constant stream of Silver Hand Recruits can be played without ever buffing them, forcing resources out of opponents to deal with them. When opponents run out of ways to respond, a large number of Silver Hand Recruits can be buffed to end the game in a single turn.
Dude Paladin can struggle against Aggro decks, especially those which are able to develop strong boards. With many minions on board, Silver Hand Recruits can easily be removed for almost no cost, diminishing the potential of buffing effects.
Key Cards and Crafting for Dude Paladin
Unidentified Maul is an excellent flexible tool for Silver Hand Paladin. Its range of possible effects synergise well with large numbers of minions, as well as just being able to summon even more Silver Hand Recruits.
There are a broad range of Silver Hand synergy cards available and while not all of them are required, a decent number of them are required to play the archetype. These cards include: Lost in the Jungle, Drygulch Jailor, Lightfused Stegodon, Level Up!, Crystal Lion, and Vinecleaver.
- 12 Apr. 2018: Archetype page updated for the Witchwood expansion.
- 10 Dec. 2017: Archetype added.
- Hearthstone 17.0 Update Hotfix Schedule
- Blizzard Sending Out Classic Burning Crusade Character Creation Surveys
- Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis Leaves Blizzard
- Free Decks for Returning Players Clarifications
- Ashes of Outland: 17.0 Patch Notes
- Save the Dates: What's Happening in Hearthstone Until Ashes of Outland Is Released
- All Ashes of Outland Cards Revealed
- Ashes of Outland Card Reveal: Crimson Sigil Runner
- Reno Mage Deck - Galakrond's Awakening 2020 - PapaJason's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Galakrond Rogue Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Jambre's Rank 4 Legend
- Card changes.. what to replace the unusable cards with?
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Puzzle Lab's Dr. Boom's Puzzles
- Arena Paladin Tier Lists
- Beast of Fable Pet Battle location of No-No the Beaver
- Dragon Hunter