Last Kaleidosaur Quest Paladin Archetype Guide
The Last Kaleidosaur Quest is completed by casting six spells on your own minions. The reward, Galvadon, is simple in nature but should not be underestimated. Adapting a minion five times can result in some very powerful combinations. Consider the damage that a 14/5 minion with Stealth and Windfury can do!
To complete the Quest, the deck needs to play a large number of buff spells. This in turn means that the minions in the deck will be limited in number, and therefore will need to be well looked after by the aforementioned spells.
In the Journey to Un'Goro meta, this Quest was regarded as very weak. With the addition of Righteous Protector and Dark Conviction in Knights of the Frozen Throne, the deck has been significantly boosted in strength. It may still be lacking at the competitive level, but is far stronger in the lower reaches of ladder than it was before, and can be played as a Theme deck.
The archetype received further boosts in the Kobolds and Catacombs and The Witchwood expansions with Lynessa Sunsorrow and Sound the Bells! respectively. It now has a much more solid foundation in a control shell, as well as extra ways to win the game when the Quest is slow to be completed or if your opponent is too slow to develop.
Below, you will find link to our deck lists for Last Kaleidosaur Quest Paladin, starting with our featured deck, which we consider the most common variant.
Quest Paladin Deck
- Guide written by L0rinda and last updated on Apr 16, 2018 (WW meta)
- Costs 14.1k (2 basic, 6 common, 11 rare, 4 epic, and 7 legendaries)
- Mana curve:
- Card breakdown: 1 Weapon • 13 Spells • 15 Minions
|Paladin Cards||Neutral Cards|
Quest Paladin Deck is a theme deck revolving around The Last Kaleidosaur. The deck has improved substantially with the introduction of The Witchwood expansion, but is still presented as a deck for lower levels of the ladder and people who enjoy playing entertaining cards and combinations. It is strong enough to be played to Rank 5 once you have mastered it.
Aim of Quest Paladin
The Last Kaleidosaur completely defines the aim of this deck. The idea is to complete the Quest, and then win with Galvadon. To achieve this aim, your opponent needs to have sufficient problems to deal with so that they do not simply run you over while you are buffing your minions.
There are three main issues when building the deck. Firstly, most of the buffs are very cheap to cast, which leads to hand size issues. It also means that most of the buffs do not impact the game much. Secondly, it can be difficult to pressure your opponent enough to stop them doing their thing. Thirdly, Galvadon does not get through Taunt minions very well. This means that our deck needs to be able to deal with those.
Quest Paladin Strengths and Weaknessess
The deck can be slow to get organised, which means that it is weak against well played top tier decks. For this reason, it is recommended that this deck is played as a theme deck up to rank ten.
Key Cards and Crafting for Quest Paladin
Of the Legendary cards in the deck, only The Last Kaleidosaur is essential.
- 16 Apr. 2018: Archetype updated for The Year of the Raven. The archetype gained several new tools in The Witchwood expansion to make it less reliant on the quest, as well as being more consistent overall.
- 08 Aug. 2017: Added new guide format for the Last Kaleidosaur Paladin Archetype.
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- Hearthstone 17.2.2 Client Patch Now Live
- Hearthstone Balance Patch: Buffs & Nerfs Coming on Monday
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Duplicate Cards in Season Rewards Chest
- Virtual Take Your Child to Work Day at Blizzard
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Dalaran Heist help please
- Tombs of Terror Sir Finley
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Highlander Hunter - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeh's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Kibler's
- Aggro Egg Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeeland's