Malygos Quest Druid Deck List Guide - Saviors of Uldum September 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Malygos Druid in Saviors of Uldum expansion.
The Malygos Druid archetype has existed in multiple forms throughout the history of Hearthstone. While the tools in the deck may have changed between each version of the deck, the overall strategy has remained the same, which is to use Malygos in combination with cheap spells like Moonfire to create huge burst-damage combos.
The latest builds of Malygos Druid have incorporated the Untapped Potential Quest as a defensive tool to survive throughout the game.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Malygos Quest Druid Deck Lists
Malygos Quest Druid Mulligan Guide
As a Combo deck, Malygos Druid relies heavily on card draw and removal to safely assemble its combo. It is important to look for key cards in your mulligan to enable that.
- General Mulligan — Untapped Potential, Crystal Merchant.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Pounce, Wrath.
- Mulligan Against Control — Nourish.
Malygos Quest Druid Strategy
The primary aim of Malygos Druid is to safely reach the late game while drawing as many cards as possible. You should try to keep an unused Mana Crystal in the early game in order to utilise the effects of Untapped Potential Quest and Crystal Merchant. Once your Quest is complete, you should begin to secure the board using Oasis Surger and Starfall. With the board secure, you should make use of Nourish and Crystal Merchant to draw through your deck as quickly as possible. In the late game, you should try to manipulate your hand in such a way that you can use Dreampetal Florist on Malygos. From here, you can use a combination of Malygos and Flobbidinous Floop in combination with damage spells like Swipe and Moonfire to burst down your opponent.
Against Aggro, you should use your spells even more liberally, but should not use all of your Mana before completion of your Quest unless absolutely necessary. Using Swipe and Moonfire as removal may often be required to be able to survive. By controlling the board, you should be able to ensure your opponent runs out of resources and simply finish them off using any minions you are able to play onto the board.
Against Control, it is very important to maximise the damage of your final combo, as you will usually be required to deal at least 30 damage at once. To do this, you should use Elise the Enlightened to duplicate any combo pieces you have at the end of the game, ideally copying a Malygos discounted by Dreampetal Florist in addition to generating 2 more copies of Moonfire to allow for combos in excess of 50 damage.
Malygos Quest Druid Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Hidden Oasis for 1x Worthy Expedition.
- Against Control — Add 1x Faceless Manipulator for 1x Innervate.
- 01 Sep. 2019: Deck has been adapted to Quest variant for September play season.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Saviors of Uldum expansion. Added 2x Overflow, 2x Anubisath Defender, 2x Garden Gnome for 2x Juicy Psychmelon, 1x Jepetto Joybuzz, 1x Dreampetal Florist, 2x Dreamway Guardians.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been moved to the fun category for the July card rotation.
- 04 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the May play season.
- 10 Apr. 2019: Deck has been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck updated for the March play season. Removed 2x Wild Growth, 1x The Lich King, 1x Mind Control Tech for 2x Innervate, 2x Wrath.
- 06 Feb. 2019: Deck has been reviewed following the February balance patch.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 23 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed following December balance patch.
- 04 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
- 05 Nov. 2018: Decklist updated following October balance patch. Removed 2x Giggling Inventor for 1x Mind Control Tech, 1x Dreampetal Florist.
- 01 Oct. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the October play season.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Deck updated for the September play season. Removed 1x Floop's Glorious Gloop, 1x Juicy Psychmelon, 1x Starfall, 1x Dreampetal Florist, 2x Biology Project, 2x Wrath for 1x Alexstrasza, 1x Twig of the World Tree, 2x Giggling Inventor, 2x Arcane Tyrant
- 07 Aug. 2018: Guide updated for The Boomsday Expansion. Removed 2x Arcane Tyrant, 2x Faceless Manipulator, 1x Innervate, 1x Twig of the World Tree for 2x Biology Project, 1x Flobiddonous Floop, 1x Floop's Glorious Goop, 1x Juicy Psychmelon, 1x Dreampetal Florist.
- 01 Jul. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the July play season.
- 15 Jun. 2018: Togwaggle variant added.
- 12 Jun. 2018: Added Dragon Druid to similar decks.
- 04 Jun. 2018: Deck added.
- Tombs of Terror Chapters 1 & 2 Now Available
- Changes for Masters Qualifiers, Ladder, and More
- Hearthstone 1.15 Update: Tombs of Terror
- BlizzCon 2019 Key Art Unveiled
- Tavern Brawl - The League of Explorers: Revived!
- Tombs of Terror Coming September 17 - Everything You Need to Know
- Activision Blizzard Stock Jumps after Classic Launch
- The Saviors of Uldum Nerfs Patch is Live
- Dalaran Heist 5th wing won't unlock
- Tombs of Terror Hub
- HSReplay Premium Worth it?
- Quest Rogue Deck - Uldum September 2019 - Jalexander's Top 100 Legend
- Zoo Warlock Deck - Uldum September 2019 - Alutemu's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Druid
- Control Shaman Deck - Uldum September 2019 - wiRer's Top 10 Legend
- Murloc Shaman Deck - Uldum September 2019 - Carnation's Top 30 Legend