Silence Priest (AKA Purify Priest) Archetype Guide
Silence Priest is an archetype that has occasionally seen play since the beginning of Hearthstone, but never existed as a real competitive presence until the Journey to Un'Goro expansion. The expansion added Humongous Razorleaf which provides the deck with an exceptionally powerful target for Silence effects alongside Ancient Watcher. The huge stats of these two minions is the core of the archetypes strength, forcing opponents to preemptively respond before Silence effects or other powerful combo cards such as Faceless Shambler or Divine Spirit can be used.
Silence Priest is a well-rounded archetype that is able to survive against aggressive decks by combining Taunt effects such as Faceless Shambler or Sunfury Protector with the powerful minions in the deck, while also being able to use the strong stats of the minions to gain enough early board control to snowball to victory against slower decks.
Below, you will find link to our deck lists for Silence Priest, starting with our featured deck, which we consider the most common variant.
Combo Silence Priest Deck
- Guide written by Kat and last updated on Apr 12, 2018 (WW meta)
- Costs 2.9k (3 basic, 15 common, 8 rare, and 4 epic)
- Mana curve:
- Card breakdown: 15 Spells • 15 Minions
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
This Combo Silence Priest Deck utilises Divine Spirit and Kabal Talonpriest to greatly boost the resilience of Humongous Razorleaf and Ancient Watcher and turn the huge Health stats of these minions into burst damage using Inner Fire.
Wild Midrange Silence Priest Deck
- Guide written by Kat and last updated on Aug 10, 2017 (KFT meta)
- Costs 1.8k (5 basic, 9 common, 15 rare, and 1 legendary)
- Mana curve:
- Card breakdown: 12 Spells • 18 Minions
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
This Wild Midrange Silence Priest Deck aims to play a constant flow of minions with stats to dominate the board and overwhelm opponents.
Aim of Silence Priest
Silence Priest is centred heavily around utilising the huge stats of Ancient Watcher and Humongous Razorleaf. By combining them with Silence effects, their inability to attack can be removed to provide very powerful minions for a low Mana cost. The tempo gained from these minions can either be used to shutdown Aggro decks or overrun Control decks.
Silence Priest Strengths and Weaknesses
As the archetype is able to get a strong opener, it is favoured in every matchup due to the huge resulting tempo advantage. However, this also leads to the archetypes weakness, if Ancient Watcher and Humongous Razorleaf are not drawn or are swiftly answered by hard removal, then games can become almost impossible to win due to the huge dependency on these cards.
Key Cards and Crafting for Silence Priest
Silence is the highest priority of the Silence cards available, its 0 Mana cost means it can be freely played and generate a large amount of tempo in the early-game if you have a minion to target. At least one copy of Kabal Songstealer is also recommended, although it can be a relatively clunky Silence effect due to the Mana cost, it offers great stats alongside it and is excellent for solidifying a mid-game board presence.
Faceless Shambler is a card that does not often see play, but is an excellent fit for Silence Priest. There are multiple excellent targets available to copy, while the Taunt effect also provides an excellent line of defence against Aggro.
- 12 Apr. 2018: Archetype moved to the Wild format for the Year of the Raven.
- 14 Jul. 2017: Archetype page for Silence Priest added.
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- Hearthstone 17.2.2 Client Patch Now Live
- Hearthstone Balance Patch: Buffs & Nerfs Coming on Monday
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Duplicate Cards in Season Rewards Chest
- Virtual Take Your Child to Work Day at Blizzard
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Dalaran Heist help please
- Tombs of Terror Sir Finley
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Highlander Hunter - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeh's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Kibler's
- Aggro Egg Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeeland's