Wild Clone/Resurrect Priest Deck List Guide - Rastakhan's Rumble March 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Resurrect Priest in The Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
Resurrect Priest is an archetype that has fallen in and out of popularity several times throughout Hearthstone history. With each new iteration of the deck, its win condition often changes, but the core mechanics remain the same. It aims to play powerful minions, especially those with powerful passive effects, and force opponents to remove them, before using cards like Eternal Servitude to bring them to back into play at a much lower Cost.
With the February balance patch hitting most other top decks. Clone Priest has become an even stronger force to be reckoned with and solidified itself as a top meta deck.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Resurrect Priest is a very Combo-oriented deck with a niche Mulligan strategy. The strategy of the deck means that you will specifically want to remove certain target minions from your decks whilst also trying to keep other minions specifically in it.
In the early game you should be looking to play any minions you have in your hand, especially Radiant Elemental and Gilded Gargoyle. Despite the temptation, you should always avoid playing The Coin in the early game as it is a crucial card for the deck, so much so that Gilded Gargoyle is used to generate even more copies of it.
As the deck is fairly passive in the early game, you can often use Shadow Visions early on to use your Mana efficiently. The are many powerful spells available and your choice will vary greatly depending on the state of the game. Against aggressive decks, you should be looking for defensive options like Holy Smite, Spirit Lash, or Psychic Scream as you see fit. Against other decks, you can be much greedier with your choice and look for Shadow Essence if you do not already have a copy, Zerek's Cloning Gallery if Malygos and Prophet Velen are still in your deck, or Lesser Diamond Spellstone if you have already drawn one of these cards.
Going into the mid game, your strategy should not deviate too much overall and you should simply aim to stay in control of the board by continuing to play any minions you have and use removal spells where necessary.
Going into Turn 6 is where the deck finally starts to take shape. You should always aim to play Shadow Essence if you are not under too much pressure to begin getting big minions onto the board. Your primary targets are Prophet Velen and Malygos, but The Lich King and Obsidian Statue are perfectly reasonable. If you happen to draw naturally into any of these cards, you are also free to play them without too much thought.
Throughout the game, you should keep a close eye on which minions have been killed on your side of the board and which minions are still in your deck as this will play a huge role in finding your win condition. The main win condition of the deck is to use Malygos and Prophet Velen in combination with Mind Blasts and Holy Smites to burst down your opponent and this can be done in one of three ways:
- If you have yet to draw Malygos or Prophet Velen from your deck, you can choose to play Zerek's Cloning Gallery to summon a copy of each minion from your deck; this is especially powerful if you also have a Radiant Elemental in your deck to discount the cost of your spells.
- If you have managed to have both of these minions die on your side of the board, either through natural play or from Shadow Essence, you can try to Resurrect them using a fully charged Lesser Diamond Spellstone to allow you to once again get into a position to burst down your opponent.
- If at least one of the target minions has died this game, you can use multiple copies of Eternal Servitude to try and summon multiple copies of the minion.
As mentioned at the beginning of the guide, saving your The Coins throughout the game is crucial to help you pull off your combo. While it is possible to play out enough damage spells purely with the help of Radiant Elementals, it is not possible to consistently get them onto the board and Coins will greatly help you reach the necessary Mana to play all of the Holy Smites and Mind Blasts needed.
Various spells can be teched into the deck in place of some of the non-essential minions. Consider adding Shadow Word: Pain or Shadow Word: Death for removal, or Vivid Nightmare for bigger burst damage combos with Prophet Velen.
Quick Tips and Tricks
- Remember to save as many copies of The Coin as possible for your final combo.
- Keep track of every minion that is still in your deck and that has died so that you can predict the outcome of Zerek's Cloning Gallery and Lesser Diamond Spellstone more accurately.
- Where possible, try to play Radiant Elemental before your final combo to minimise the amount of Mana you pay for all of your spells.
Similar Hearthstone Decks
If you enjoyed playing Resurrect Priest, we have many other Hearthstone deck guides you may enjoy.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the March play season.
- 07 Feb. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the February balance patch.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been updated for the January play season. Removed 1x Shadow Word: Pain, 1x Shadow Word: Death, 1x Bloodmage Thalnos for 2x Mass Hysteria, 1x Witchwood Grizzly.
- 04 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
- 01 Oct. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the October play season.
- 26 Sep. 2018: Deck added.
- Hearthstone 17.2.2 Client Patch Now Live
- Hearthstone Balance Patch: Buffs & Nerfs Coming on Monday
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Duplicate Cards in Season Rewards Chest
- Virtual Take Your Child to Work Day at Blizzard
- Nine Card Nerfs Are Coming Next Week
- Amazing Diablo 1 Trailer Remake With a Lot of New Footage
- 17.0.1 Server Hotfix
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Dalaran Heist help please
- Tombs of Terror Sir Finley
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Highlander Hunter - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeh's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Kibler's
- Aggro Egg Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeeland's