Wild Even Shaman Deck List Guide - Rise of Shadows April 2019
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Even Shaman play for The Rastakhan's Rumble meta.
Even Shaman floods the board with minions thanks to the reduced Hero Power cost provided by Genn Greymane. The downside of this is that all of your cards need to have even Mana costs, which turns out to be prohibitive when looking for cards that buff the entire board. With this in mind, the deck runs several buff cards such as Dire Wolf Alpha, and Earthen Might.
The February balance patch, making Flametongue Totem no longer playable, had a significant impact on the strength of Even Shaman and the deck is no longer viable at high ranks.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Aim of the Wild Even Shaman
The idea of Even Shaman is to flood the board with minions and use them to remove any opposing board. After that is achieved, you will be free to hit your opponent directly with your army.
Mulligan for Wild Even Shaman
The Mulligan for this deck is made interesting by the fact that you are guaranteed to always have a 1-Mana play in the form of your Hero Power. This means that you can be more picky than usual when selecting your mulligan cards. Your aim is to dominate the board, and so Murkspark Eel and Primalfin Totem are extremely valuable. If you have one of these to go alongside your first-turn totem, then you can also keep Dire Wolf Alpha to buff your minions on Turn 3.
Gameplay for Wild Even Shaman
As stated in the Mulligan section, establishing an early board is absolutely key in this deck. On the first turn you will often simply use your Hero Power to create a totem. If you can use The Coin to kill an opposing minion with Murkspark Eel, then that can be a good play, especially if you have a good follow-up play.
You will then be looking to use your buff cards to make your minions bigger and trade into the opposing minions. You should be able to keep ahead on board by a combination of this, as well as using your Hero Power regularly.
In the mid-game you will be looking to generate pressure on your opponent by the use of Corpsetaker. It is important that you play this as soon as you can so as to get the maximum out of the ability. It copies Taunt from Al'Akir the Windlord and Saronite Chain Gang and Divine Shield from Al'Akir and Argent Commander. However, Al'Akir is the only source of Windfury in the deck, so playing your Corpsetaker before drawing Al'Akir can make a big difference to your damage output. As this deck struggles to produce a lot of damage, this is more important than it may sound.
You should also be careful about your board size during this phase of the game. A lot of minions in this deck end up being toothless after they have done their job of controlling the board, and you will therefore need to leave enough space to be able to play your Corpsetakers and Sea Giants.
Try to remain aware that without presenting a threat, your opponent in some matchups will have enough time to swing the game back in their favour. Prioritising getting your large minions into play as early as possible will help to mitigate this.
Even Shaman has many card swaps available that can be used to tech the deck towards your personal preference.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck has been moved to Wild for the year of the Dragon.
- 02 Mar. 2019: Deck has been updated for the March play season. Removed 2x Scarab Egg for 2x Knife Juggler.
- 08 Feb. 2019: Deck has been updated for the February balance patch. Removed 2x Flametongue Totem for 2x Menacing Nimbus.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 04 Dec. 2018: Deck updated for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion. Removed 2x Thunderhead, 2x Arcane Dynamo, 2x Zap!, 2x Knife Juggler, 1x Primalfin Totem for 2x Scarab Egg, 2x Fire Plume Phoenix, 1x Hex, 1x The Lich King, 1x Hagatha the Witch, Vicious Scalehide, 1x Argent Commander
- 01 Oct. 2018: Deck has been reviewed for the July play season.
- 19 Sep. 2018: Budget variant added.
- 05 Sep. 2018: Even Shaman updated for The Boomsday Project and updated to the new guide format.
- Galakrond's Awakening Solo Adventure Guides
- Hearthstone Update 16.2 Patch Notes
- Diablo 2 Upscale Final Demo Working In-Browser
- Mists of Pandaria and WC3: Reforged 8K Upscaled Cinematics
- Diablo 2 Median XL Mod Patch 1.40 Released
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- Hearthstone 16.0.8 Balance Update Notes
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Reno Jackson Priest Deck
- Reno Jackson
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Sir Finley
- Sir Finley Heroic Priest Deck
- Galakrond's Awakening Hub