Wild Malygos OTK Shaman Deck
1. Wild Malygos OTK Shaman Card List
This deck costs 9,440 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Shaman Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Wild Malygos OTK Shaman Mana Curve
3. Wild Malygos OTK Shaman Strategy
Malygos Shaman is a Combo deck that aims to burst the opponent down by using a variety of methods to access the huge Spell Damage bonus of Malygos, and then use various combinations of Shaman's Spells to create massive amounts of damage.
In the early-game, you will often fall behind on the board very quickly. The most important card you can pick up in this period is Spirit Claws, as this will go some way to control your opponent's early threats. If you do not have access to this weapon, you will instead have to use your cheap removal spells like Frost Shock, Maelstrom Portal, and Lightning Bolt to fight for survival.
The usage of your Spells to control the board is a constant balancing act. You need to reserve enough cards to be able to eventually burst down your opponent, but at the same time make sure that you are able to survive long enough to draw into your combo pieces. The priority cards to hold for your eventual burst combo vary greatly based on the state of the game and the cards in your hand. Lightning Bolt and Frost Shock are great when combined with Emperor Thaurissan, whereas Crackle gives more overall damage if you have Mana spare such as when you play Malygos using Ancestor's Call.
It is important with this deck to draw as many cards as you can whenever you feel you have time. It is important each turn to assess how much damage you are going to take, and decide whether you can afford to forgo removal for a turn in order to cycle through your deck. Since the deck plays a significant amount of healing from the two Healing Waves and Hallazeal the Ascended, using your Health as an additional resource to buy you time is as important as rationing out your removal spells.
Your eventual goal is to build a collection of combo pieces in your hand. The most important card to have access to is Malygos. Additionally, you require a combination of damage Spells capable of killing your opponent when factoring the Spell Damage bonus of Malygos. Finally, some form of Mana reduction is required to achieve the neccessary damage, this can include using Ancestor's Call to summon Malygos, Emperor Thaurissan to reduce the cost of your Spells, or by summoning a cheap copy of Malygos using Barnes.
Firstly, you can play Emperor Thaurissan, discounting Malygos and significant numbers of spells. With this route, you can often skip the Ancestor's Call portion entirely, since it is entirely possible to use all of your Frost Shocks and Lightning Bolts in addition to Malygos and two copies of Crackle or Lava Shock after just a single turn of Emperor Thaurissan discounts.
Secondly, you can start to remove every other minion from your hand over 1 or 2 turns, and then use Ancestor's Call to summon Malygos for 4 Mana, and then have a huge 6 Mana left over to throw Spells at your opponent. If you are able to setup a scenario where you combine both of these routes to victory, you will almost certainly be in an unloseable game position.
In some scenarios, you will have to assess whether taking a 50% or 33% chance to win the game is justified. If you see the game slipping away from you in the coming turns, and assess your current turn as the best chance to win, it can be appropriate to take the risk of Malygos being summoned when you have 1 or 2 other minions in your hand.
Alternatively, against Aggro decks you can potentially win the game if you are able to get Malygos into play. The lack of hard removal Aggro decks and the huge Health of Malygos means that it is incredibly unlikely to be killed, allowing you use the Spell Damage in combination with Maelstrom Portal or Lightning Storm to control the board and slowly win the game over the following turns.
4. Wild Malygos OTK Shaman Synergies & Combinations
Malygos is the key to all of the combos in the deck, there are numerous combinations of spells that can be used alongside Malygos after using Emperor Thaurissan or Ancestor's Call. The quick way to calculate how much damage you have, is to add up the base damage of all the spells you plan to use, then add 5 multiplied by the number of spells.
5. Wild Malygos OTK Shaman Mulligans & Matchup Specific Strategies
Against Aggro decks, you should keep additional removal Spells such as Lightning Bolt or Lava Shock, to ensure you do not get overrun in the early-game. Additionally, a copy of Maelstrom Portal or Lightning Storm can be kept as a card-efficient response to your opponent flooding the board.
Against Control decks, or matchups that are known not to have much early board presence, you can afford to keep a greedier opening hand with cards like Emperor Thaurissan, Ancestral Knowledge, and Far Sight.
6. Wild Malygos OTK Shaman Card Swaps
- 10 Aug. 2017: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the KotFT meta.
- 08 Aug. 2017: Deck updated for Icy Veins new Archetype layout.
- 02 Apr. 2017: This deck has been reviewed and seemed appropriate for the Journey to Un'Goro expansion.
- 26 Jan. 2017: Deck added.
- Meta Report: Saviors of Uldum Week One
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2019 Earnings Call
- We've Upgraded Our Hearthstone Section!
- Saviors of Uldum Day 3: the Best Decks So Far
- Tavern Brawl: The Standard Brawliseum
- We Built a Quest Deck for Every Class in Saviors of Uldum
- Saviors of Uldum is Live Worldwide
- Every New Card from the Saviors of Uldum Reveal Stream
- Stupid OTKs in Solo Adventures
- Quest Shaman
- Rank 1 Legend Highlander Hunter Deck - Uldum August 2019
- Fatigue Mage Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Charon's Top 100 Legend
- Dungeon Run Guides for K&C
- Budget Quest Shaman Deck - Uldum August 2019
- Zephrys Control Warrior Deck - Uldum August 2019 - hiten Top 20 Legend
- Zoo Warlock Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Pizza Top 10 Legend