Zoo Warlock Deck
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Zoo Warlock play for The Ashes of Outland meta.
Zoo Warlock is an aggressive board-centric deck that has existed since the beginning of Hearthstone. It uses cheap and powerful minions to flood the board to create an early dominant board position that can snowball out of control for quick victories.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Zoo Warlock Deck Mulligan Guide
As an Aggro deck, Zoo Warlock needs to be very quick onto the board in order to secure dominant board position to begin making use of the powerful synergies in the deck.
- General Mulligan — , .
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Voidwalker, , .
- Mulligan Against Control — .
If you already have, you can additionally keep a copy of in your opening hand.
Zoo Warlock Deck Strategy
The aim of Zoo Warlock is to secure an early board position using cards like Voidwalker to secure the board and then bolstering the board further with cards like and . When fighting for board control, the deck also has access to and to allow the cheap minions in the deck to efficiently Rush into enemy minions. This token-oriented version of the deck additionally uses as an efficient way to turn the many cheap minion into powerful threats.and
Against Aggro it is even more important to take any value trades available. Usingwill allow you to use all of your 1-drops to immediately trade with your opponent. As Aggro decks will generally lack any form of AoE to deal with your board, maintaining control of the board alone is often enough to win the game as you will simply outvalue your opponent.
Against Control it is important to play a much more conservatively on the board. You should expect your board to get cleared at least once, so it is important to hold back a healthy amount of resources in anticipation.and will become your best friends while you have control of the board and will allow you replenish your resources while waiting for opponents to react to your board. Winning against Control will usually require you to continually repopulate your board and force your opponent to run out of removal and board clears in hand.
Zoo Warlock Deck Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Soulfire. for 2x
- Against Control — Add 1x for 1x .
- 07 Aug. 2020: Deck list has been completely overhauled for the Scholomance Academy expansion.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland expansion. Removed 2x Scarab Egg, 2x Crystallizer, 2x Mecharoo, 2x Grim Rally, 1x The Soularium, 1x SN1P-SN4P for 2x Expired Merchant, 2x Nightshade Matron, 2x Hand of Gul'dan, 2x EVIL Recruiter, 2x Darkglare
- 26 Mar. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland pre-patch. Removed 1x Leeroy Jenkins for 1x Sea Giant.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Descent of Dragons expansion. Removed 2x EVIL Recruiter, 2x Imp Gang Boss for 2x Faceless Corruptor, 2x Scarab Egg.
- 09 Oct. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Doom in the Tomb patch. Removed 2x Soulfire for 2x Imp Gang Boss.
- 01 Sep. 2019: Deck has been updated for the September play season. Removed 2x Serpent Egg, 1x Sea Giant, 1x Abusive Sergeant for 2x Diseased Vulture, 2x Crystallizer.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Saviors of Uldum expansion. Removed 2x Scarab Egg, 2x Dire Wolf Alpha, 2x Argent Squire, 1x Abusive Sergeant for 2x EVIL Recruiter, 2x Serpent Egg, 2x Neferset Thrasher, 2x EVIL Cable Rat
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been updated for the June balance patch. Removed 1x Crystallizer for 1x SN1P-SN4P.
- 01 May 2019: Deck updated for the May play season. Removed 2x Doubling Imp, 2x Hench-Clan Hogsteed, 2x Eager Underling, 2x Hench-Clan Hag, 1x Spellbreaker for 2x Magic Carpet, 2x Mecharoo, 2x Argent Squire, 2x Abusive Sergeant, 1x Crystallizer.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck and guide have been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck has been updated for the March play season. Removed 2x Soul Infusion, 2x Doubling Imp for 2x Spellbreaker, 2x Despicable Dreadlord.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
- 26 Oct. 2018: Swapped the Spellbreaker and Leeroy Jenkins back for Doomguards.
- 02 Sep. 2018: Swapped the Doomguards for a Spellbreaker and a Leeroy Jenkins.
- 07 Aug. 2018: Updated for The Boomsday Project: added The Soularium, Soul Infusion, and Doubling Imp.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Deck added.
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2021 Earnings Call
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)