Pinnacle Glaivier Build Guide for Lost Ark
Wielding a crescent blade and spear, the Glaivier decimates their foes with sweeping slashes and piercing strikes. Versatile and agile, Glaivier attacks from both close and long range, providing a strong critical strike chance buff to the entire team.
TheGlaivier roams the battlefield with two stances, the Flurry Stance, allowing them to deal wide sweeping attacks, and the Focus Stance, delivering precise high burst strikes to enemies. Glaivier's identity gauge provides them with a massive stat boost every time they swap between Flurry Stance and Focus Stance, given the gauge is full. Glaivier also has one of the best team synergies in the game through , which increases the critical strike chance of the entire team by up to 18%.
Pinnacle Glaivier Strengths and Weaknesses
- Close and long range abilities
- Variety of effective skills
- A Parry
- Average DPS
- High Specialisation requirement
- Difficult engraving choices
Glaivier Skill Build
The following image shows the skill build of choice and the desired stats. There are three variants below depending on your available skill points.
Glaivier Skill Rotation
Glaivier's flexible nature also allows for different approaches when it comes down to their skill rotations. Ideally, your rotation is adjusted according to your playstyle, runes, Tripods, and Engravings. The following section provides some staple rotations with insights as to when and why skills should be used. Remember: No fight is static, so adjust your rotations accordingly. Key to success on Glaivier is maintaining your maximized buff whenever you can.
Before starting with any real rotations, your goal is to max out your gauge first in order to start cycling your buff. Focus skills have a naturally high generation and make it easy to fill up your gauge for the first time. Once you filled up your gauge once, you can start with your skill rotations.
For the Flurry Stance: Start off withto debuff the enemy for an extra 18% crit chance. High enough specialization allows this ability to generate enough gauge for Flurry skills to receive extra damage through Tripods such as . Follow up with to proc the , which then leads into if you have the slotted into it. You can also use this rotation without the runes, as these skills naturally flow into one another. After that, follow up with your other abilities, saving for the last ability to be used before switching stances. makes for an ideal finisher of the Flurry rotation due to good gauge generation that makes sure you are capped out on your identity gauge, while also having the benefit of built in 25% crit through the use of .
For the Focus Stance: Depending on the build you will have between two and four high powered abilities to use. The two core skills areand . Since there is no debuff or buff involved on the Focus stance, you are free to use them in whichever order you like or adjusting to the situation you find yourself in. can also be used from range making it more suitable in some scenarios, while provides good mobility allowing you to maneuver the battlefield while dealing damage. The other two alternative skills are and , but these are usually accompanied with different Engravings to utilize their strengths accordingly. is commonly used in a three Flurry/three Focus setup as it also allows for guaranteed critical strikes, but can be somewhat clunky to use. is usually only pushed with Engravings such as or .
Glaivier Important Tripods
Glaivier has some very powerful Tripods which allow some of their skills in the focus stance to guarantee critical strikes. This is a very powerful tool, especially in the early stages of the game. Due to Glaivier's flexible nature and variety of builds to choose from, only the core Tripods will be mentioned in the following list.
- — This Tripod from increases the critical strike chance by 18% for yourself and party members.
- — Increasing the animation and speed of helps to debuff the enemy more consistently and leaves you less exposed.
- — One of the key tripods that allows to always land a critical strike against bosses, which pairs incredibly well with the buff granted from Focus Stance.
- — The second of the guaranteed critical strike tripods, used on , which scores critical strikes against any possible enemy type.
- — Improves the damage and adds 25% extra critical strike chance to .
The following tripod selections are options you can choose from, depending on the build and Engravings you use. These are interchangeable, but will not be ideal unless paired with the right Engravings and builds.
- — Turns into a mobility tool. Only used if it is not used as a main DPS choice.
- — Powerful damage amplification if is used as a main DPS skill.
- — This Tripod adds a 50% base critical strike chance to , which when used with other Tripod, adds up to a 100% crit.
- — Used in conjunction with the Tripod above to guarantee critical strikes with .
- — An alternative if you are running a Flurry based build. This boosts the damage of and is paired with other tripods.
Glaivier Stat Priority
- Specialization — Of utmost importance for Glaiviers. Improves your identity resource gain and strengthens the buff provided by it.
- Swiftness — Provides cooldown reduction and speed.
Glaivier Pet Stats
Since your highest priority stat is Specialization, your pet should be used to boost it further. The defensive option of choice is HP increase.
Glaivier Gear Sets
With guaranteed critical strikes on most Focus skills and an abundance of crit rate provided through the Flurry Buff, Harsh Oath, makes for a great choice to amplify your damage output.
Glaivier Gear Tripod Priority
Improving the Tripods on your main skills will greatly enhance your DPS. Depending on your choice of skills, some of these Tripods may change.
- will improve the cooldown allowing you to reuse your hardest hitting ability more often. Boost the damage further with , which enables high spikes of damage through .
- All of Tripods should be improved, in no particular order. and improve the damage output while grants a massive cooldown reduction allowing you to reuse this skill more often.
- has multiple powerful tripods that will improve the overall damage output. Increase the levels of , , and .
- Your second hard-hitter, , also has three useful tripods which should be improved. helps reducing the cooldown, increases the speed making it easier to land while also improving damage, and that further boosts the damage and also adds 25% crit rate.
- Using on combats the mana hunger of Glaiviers. If used as a DPS skill, improve and to boost the damage.
- In order to use the debuff as often as possible, use and increase .
- Improve the mobility of further by using and improving .
As previously mentioned, Glaiviers have many options to choose from, but that also comes with some drawbacks. TheEngraving is the most important part of the build as it strengthens the buff gained when switching stances, but only at max gauge, so make sure that the gauge is maxed out before switching.
- is a staple for any DPS and should be taken as the second Engraving.
- Both and work well on both stances, making them ideal for the third and fourth Engraving.
- Things will get a bit tricky at itemlevel 1445+ when you are able to get five Engravings.
Possible options are:
- works well on Flurry because of the massive attack speed gain from the buff, barely noticeable there but does impact performance on Focus stance because of the lack of attack speed there. This is most often used in a Flurry heavy build because of that.
- can be maxed out on Focus stance but barely provides any bonus on Flurry stance. This is most often used on a Focus heavy build.
- will be used if a specific set is chosen after itemlevel 1445 which requires you to use the awakening skill every 2 minutes.
- is a potential contender if you like holding and casting abilities, as a lot of Glaiviers skills can be fitted with Tripods to match that requirement.
Runes are integral parts to boost your combat prowess in Lost Ark. Glaiviers can make good use of theand combo. Other runes are used to boost your speed and auxiliary stats. While can be used, Glaiviers typically have enough gauge generation so they are not needed.
should be used on . Multiple hits of that ability allow you to proc the rune buff more consistently and makes for a good setup for following skill rotations.
is most commonly used on to consume the buff previously applied through the . Multiple hits provide multiple chances to consume the buff and provide a cooldown reduction and mana recovery buff, which greatly synergizes with Glaiviers high mana consumption and additional skills.
increases your stagger, pairs well with to provide a good amount of Stagger burst.
works best on short cooldowns such as . This is an optional pick on Glaivier due to other rune options.
or can be used to or to provide auxiliary bonuses such as speed or cooldown reduction. These options very much depend on playstyle and preference, so choose according to your liking.
is a staple for any DPS, and Glaivier is no exception here. This is most often used on your longer casting abilities such as , , and .
Similarly to the other sections, the choice for gems varies depending on your choice of skills. The core remains the same throughout, So 9 out of the 11 gem slots can be used across any build.
The core skills for Flurry stance are:
- and . Use both damage and cooldown gem for these two skills.
- is used for the debuff. Using a cooldown gem is recommended to increase the uptime of your debuff.
The core skills for Focus stance are:
- and . Use both damage and cooldown gem for these two skills.
This selection leaves you with two gem slots unused. Select your main skill depending on your build and outfit it with gems. Choices for the skills are:
- or for Flurry and or for Focus.
Glaivier is a very well-rounded class with different skills and timings. Using skills such aswhen you cannot be close to the boss allows you to keep your momentum and improve your DPS.
is a very powerful tool, especially when used defensively. It can be used to soak difficult to dodge attacks or to stay close to a boss allowing for immediate retaliation and follow-ups, allowing you to attack when other classes have to move away. Stance dancing is ill-advised since only works with a full gauge.
Using your awakening ability in the Flurry stance will drastically improve the crit rate. Red Awakening benefits from attack speed making it ideal to use in that scenario.
- Lost Ark Spells in Spades July Update Notes: Massive Honing Buffs, Arcanist, Valtan Inferno, Purchasable Powerpass, Summer Event and More
- Lost Ark Weekly Login Event Extended, 2 Simultaneous Events Will Be Live
- Lost Ark Official Arcanist Preview + Punika Power Pass and Express Mission
- Lost Ark Weekly Wednesday Maintenance Notes and Duration
- Lost Ark Weekly Quest Bug After June Update
- Lost Ark Full July Update Notes
- Lost Ark Vykas Legion Raid Details, New Super Express Mission and More
- Tier 3 1415 Alt Stronghold Research Is Coming + Player Gifts and More: June Team Update