Beast Mastery Hunter Best Corruptions and Corrupted Items — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will learn what the best corruptions and the best corrupted items are for a Beast Mastery Hunter in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. We also tell you how to handle corruption effects.
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature (see our guide on Corrupted Items). It replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. It gives items a type of affix, as well as an amount of Corruption. Corruption is a stat that negatively impacts your character the more of it that you have, but the more Corruption you have, the more powerful the affixes will be. Some Affixes are a lot more powerful than others, and you can see a guideline ranking for them below.
Best Corruptions for Beast Mastery Hunter
We have provided simulations below for all the different Corruptions, but we still feel the need to explain why some Corruptions are good and so on, as simulations rarely tell the full story.
- Gushing Wound is the most efficient single-target Corruption on high item level items (475 iLvl and higher) and is very sought after.
- Severe increases the Crit you gain from all sources and is excellent for all situations. This is generally the best Corruption, although Gushing Wound does have a small single-target edge on high item level equipment.
- Racing Pulse is a large Haste buff that lasts 4 seconds, and has roughly 33% uptime. It works well for all situations and is a solid choice. Using this Corruption along with heavy Haste procs on your gear can make Expedient as good as or better than Severe.
- Deadly Momentum pairs well with Severe Corruption Traits, and is essentially a passive Critical Strike buff.
- Void Ritual is a solid choice. Its highest level provides 66 Corruption, which makes it good at "filling out" your Corruption allowance. It gets 20% better when there are nearby players using it as well.
Corruption Weapon for Beast Mastery Hunter
Whispering Eldritch Bow is the Ny'alotha Corruption Weapon for Beast Mastery Hunters. It comes with the Whispered Truths Corruption Affix, which has a chance to reduce the cooldown of a random Hunter ability when you attack. This cooldown reduction can affect almost any Hunter ability, meaning that some efficiency is lost whenever it reduces the cooldown of a utility ability. Despite this, when paired with Vision of Perfection as a Minor Essence, you can achieve Aspect of the Wild cooldowns of just over 1 minute. This lets you use every Worldvein Resonance Major (preferred for raiding/single-target) with Aspect. With this potent combination, the Corruption Bow becomes one of the best Corruptions you can get, and it should be a part of any serious end-game setup.
Corruption Simulations for Beast Mastery Hunter
Single-Target DPS per Corruption Point
The top chart is more generally useful. Corruption is a resource that we want to minimize wherever we can, and the top chart provides you an idea of which Corruption affixes provide the most DPS for the Corruption they add to your gear. The bottom chart is more of a showcase of the DPS potential of the Corruptions.
Single-Target Corruption DPS Overall
We do not recommend making choices based off of this chart. We recommend using the "DPS per Corruption Point" chart instead.
AoE DPS per Corruption Point
AoE Corruption DPS Overall
Tips for Dealing With Corruption Effects
- Disengage with the Posthaste talent will negate the effects of Grasping Tendrils slow.
- The Thing From Beyond that spawns from Grand Delusions is best handled by Feign Death. You need to stay feigned for a second or so. Alternatively, you can use abilities like Binding Shot, Freezing Trap, Intimidation, and Tar Trap.
Your Legendary Cloak, Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve, will have a special on-use effect that clears all Corruption effects from you. This should be used if you get hit by a Thing From Beyond while above 60 Corruption. Otherwise, use it whenever you are in a very sticky situation, such as being slowed inside a voidzone. You should also use it if you are meant to be stacked with your group, and you get an Eye of Corruption on you.
How Much Corruption Should I Run As A Beast Mastery Hunter
Generally speaking, anything below 40 is considered safe and can be used in all situations. If the content you are doing is easy, and you are confident that you can successfully Feign, Trap, or Stun almost all the Things from Beyond, then you can run up to 60. We do not recommend running above 60 in any sort of competitive environment.
- 24 Feb. 2020: Added page.
- This Week's Great for Unlocking Allied Races
- 33 Druids vs Onyxia
- Skip Warlords of Draenor Intro at Level 90
- MDI 2020 Moving to Remote Broadcasts
- Make WoW Look Like a Painting Without Any Mods
- How Gold Farming in WoW Lead to the Steam Workshop
- World of Warcraft Fan Art of r/wow Part Two
- Notable Battle for Azeroth Quest Givers Depicted as Animals
- Tortollan Seekers Reputation
- Death Knight Leveling
- Vengeance Demon Hunter 8.3
- Patch 8.3 Jewelcrafting Changes
- Class Changes Hub
- Affliction Warlock 8.3
- Survival Hunter 8.3