Frost Death Knight Best Corruptions and Corrupted Items — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will learn what the best corruptions and the best corrupted items are for a Frost Death Knight in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. We also tell you how to handle corruption effects.
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature (see our guide on Corrupted Items). It replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. It gives items a type of affix, as well as an amount of Corruption. Corruption is a stat that negatively impacts your character the more of it that you have, but the more Corruption you have, the more powerful the affixes will be. Some Affixes are a lot more powerful than others, and you can see a guideline ranking for them below.
What Corruption Powers to Buy For Frost Death Knights
Echoes of Ny'alotha can now be used to buy specific corruption powers to be placed on whatever gear your choose, they are purchased from MOTHER in the Chamber of the Heart in Silithus.
You can learn all about this new system in our specialized guide for Echoes of Ny'alotha below.
For Icecap you should focus on buying Expedient and Severe Traits. Icecap relies on having very high Critical Strike and Haste so combining these traits with Gear that has Critical Strike and Haste on it can give you extremely high secondary stats. This make Icecap a very smooth build to play and easy to transition into Mythic+ content.
If you have the Echoes of Ny'alotha available when your best corruption is available in the shop but do not have the gear to put that corruption on, you should still purchase that corruption for when you do get a piece of gear to put it on.
Best Corruptions for Frost Death Knight
We have provided simulations below for all the different Corruptions, but we still feel the need to explain why some Corruptions are good and so on, as simulations rarely tell the full story.
- Gushing Wound is the most efficient single-target Corruption on high item level items (470 iLvl and higher) and is very sought after.
- Severe increases the Crit you gain from all sources and is excellent for all situations. This Corruption is the best and almost required in order to efficiently run the Icecap build.
- Expedient is incredibly powerful for Unholy, this is a must have trait and offers some of the highest DPS per corruption rating you can get.
- Racing Pulse is a large Haste buff that lasts 4 seconds. It works well for all situations and is a solid choice. Using this Corruption, along with heavy Haste procs on your gear, is amazing and almost required for the Icecap build, since the build requires a large amount of Crit and Haste.
- Deadly Momentum pairs well with Severe Corruption Traits, and is essentially a passive Critical Strike buff. It also synergizes well with Frost, since Killing Machine grants a guaranteed Crit.
- Void Ritual is a solid choice. Its highest level provides 66 Corruption, which makes it good at "filling out" your Corruption allowance. It gets 20% better when there are nearby players using it as well.
- Infinite Stars is the strongest trait on its own for single-target, however it loses value on add cleave fights, since the corruption trait can proc on anything and not just your target.
Corruption Weapon for Frost Death Knight
- Faralos, Empire's Dream is nice because it drops from the first boss of the raid (Wrathion), however the effect ( Searing Flames) is not very strong and has a low corruption to DPS ratio, making it very likely that you will cleanse this weapon.
Corruption Simulations for Frost Death Knight
Single-Target DPS per Corruption Point
The top chart is more generally useful. Corruption is a resource that we want to minimize wherever we can, and the top chart provides you an idea of which Corruption affixes provide the most DPS for the Corruption they add to your gear. The bottom chart is more of a showcase of the DPS potential of the Corruptions.
Single-Target Corruption DPS Overall
We do not recommend making choices based off of this chart. We recommend using the "DPS per Corruption Point" chart instead. These charts also use the Breath of Sindragosa build meaning things will be different if you are running Icecap.
AoE DPS per Corruption Point
AoE Corruption DPS Overall
Tips for Dealing With Corruption Effects
- Death's Advance and Wraith Walk are very useful for dealing with Grasping Tendrils, so saving these cooldowns for crucial moments where movement is important is very helpful.
- Anti-Magic Shell can be used to absorb some of the damage of the Eye of Corruption, which can also act as a DPS gain, seeing as you will gain Runic power when your Anti-Magic Shell absorbs magic damage.
- Asphyxiate can be used on the Thing from Beyond from Grand Delusions in order to get rid of it, since it disappears when it is stunned.
- Blinding Sleet can be used as the Thing from Beyond gets closer making so you never have to actually target it.
Your Legendary Cloak, Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve, will have a special on-use effect that clears all Corruption effects off of you. This should be used if a Thing From Beyond gets close to you while above 60 Corruption. Otherwise, use it whenever you are in a very sticky situation, such as being slowed inside a void zone or have 2 Eyes of Corruption on you.
How Much Corruption Should I Run as a Frost Death Knight?
Generally speaking, anything below 40 is considered safe and can be used in all situations. Between 40 and 59 causes the Thing from Beyond to spawn which can be very difficult to deal with on some fights so be careful. We do not recommend running above 60 in any sort of competitive environment.
- 24 May 2020: Added a section for Echoes of Ny'alotha.
- 23 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- Gushing Wound Corruption Nerf Delayed
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through May 29th
- Allied Races Customization Options Concept by Silverleaf2520
- Jailer Hound Mounts in Shadowlands
- Original WoW Designer on World Buffs and Their Creation/Purpose
- The Man of a Hundred Armor Sets: the Handclaw Interview
- Naked Paladin One-Shotting the Horde