Guardian Druid Best Corruptions and Corrupted Items — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will learn what the best corruptions and the best corrupted items are for a Guardian Druid in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. We also tell you how to handle corruption effects.
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature (see our guide on Corrupted Items). It replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. It gives items a type of affix, as well as an amount of Corruption. Corruption is a stat that negatively impacts your character the more of it that you have, but the more Corruption you have, the more powerful the affixes will be. Some Affixes are a lot more powerful than others, and you can see a guideline ranking for them below.
What Corruption Powers to Buy for Guardian Druids
Echoes of Ny'alotha can now be used to buy specific corruption powers from MOTHER, in the Chamber of the Heart in Silithus.
This allows you to optimize the corruptions on your gear without any RNG involved, as long as you have enough Echoes to buy the corruptions you need.
You can learn all about this new system in our specialized guide for Echoes of Ny'alotha below.
For Guardian Druids we recommend you stack Twilight Devastation traits on as many pieces as possible while staying below your comfortable corruption threshold; this is our best corruption to improving your damage overall and is far and above all the others on AoE or multiple targets.
Alternatively, if you are looking for a little more tankiness in your corruption, we recommend you stack Versatile along with as much Versatility gear/enchants/gems as you can get.
Best Corruptions for Guardian Druid
We have provided simulations below for all the different Corruptions, but we still feel the need to explain why some Corruptions are good and so on, as simulations rarely tell the full story.
- Gushing Wound is the most efficient single-target Corruption on high item level items (475 iLvl and higher) and is very sought after, although very rare.
- Twilight Devastation is our highest AoE and cleave Corruption by quite a fair margin and can do some devastating damage to impress your group, largely buffed by all of our stats and our large health pool.
- Echoing Void is very consistent overall damage in all scenarios, although not the highest in any regard.
- Void Ritual is a solid choice. Its highest level provides 66 Corruption, which makes it good at "filling out" your Corruption allowance. It gets 20% better when there are nearby players using it as well.
- Infinite Stars can be incredibly powerful on pure single-target bosses or fights, but loses value quickly on short or multiple add fights.
- Twisted Appendage is another fantastic damage Corruption and has the potential to do massive damage with a bit of luck. The high RNG damage swings from pull to pull and a can be great one for PvP.
Corruption Weapons for Guardian Druid
An'zig Vra is the Ny'alotha Corruption Weapon for Guardian Druids. It comes with the Devour Vitality Corruption Affix, which gives your auto attacks a chance to deal extra damage and heal you. This is a very high value weapon and easily acquired from only the second boss in the raid.
Corruption Simulations for Guardian Druid
Single-Target DPS per Corruption Point
The top chart is more generally useful. Corruption is a resource that we want to minimize wherever we can, and the top chart provides you an idea of which Corruption affixes provide the most DPS for the Corruption they add to your gear. The bottom chart is more of a showcase of the DPS potential of the Corruptions.
Single-Target Corruption DPS Overall
We do not recommend making choices based off of this chart. We recommend using the "DPS per Corruption Point" chart instead.
AoE DPS per Corruption Point
AoE Corruption DPS Overall
Tips for Dealing With Corruption Effects
- Shapeshifting will remove the Grasping Tendrils slow.
- The Thing From Beyond that spawns from Grand Delusions is best handled by Mass Entanglement. This will keep it rooted the entire time.
Your Legendary Cloak, Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve, will have a special on-use effect that clears all Corruption effects from you. This should be used if you get hit by a Thing From Beyond while above 60 Corruption. Otherwise, use it whenever you are in a very sticky situation, such as being slowed inside a voidzone. You should also use it if you are meant to be stacked with your group, and you get an Eye of Corruption on you.
How Much Corruption Should I Run As A Guardian Druid
Generally speaking, anything below 40 is considered safe and can be used in all situations. If the content you are doing is easy, and you are confident that you can successfully handle almost all the Things from Beyond, then you can run up to 60. We do not recommend running above 60 in any sort of competitive environment.
- 20 May 2020: Updated page for Echoes Corruption Vendor.
- 08 Apr. 2020: Added page.
- Gushing Wound Corruption Nerf Delayed
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through May 29th
- Allied Races Customization Options Concept by Silverleaf2520
- Jailer Hound Mounts in Shadowlands
- Original WoW Designer on World Buffs and Their Creation/Purpose
- The Man of a Hundred Armor Sets: the Handclaw Interview
- Naked Paladin One-Shotting the Horde