Blizzard today at Gamescom revealed Season of Blood hitting Diablo 4 on October 17. Find out more about what’s next in store for the Sanctuary!
Season of Blood Highlights
- Season of Blood adds a new questline, Vampiric Powers to wield against enemies, 5 additional endgame bosses with the ability to target specific Unique and Uber Unique items as a drop, and more.
On Twitter, Adam “Pezradar” Fletcher clarified the new endgame bosses will be available on Eternal Realms too.
- Blizzard also plans to introduce quality-of-life updates in Season 2, including more efficient inventory management for gems, Stash search and filters, Elemental Resistance rework, and changes to the functionality of status effects such as Vulnerable, Overpower, and Critical Strike Damage.
- Renown rewards will carry over when completed on any prior character beyond Altars of Lilith and map discovery. This includes potion charges, skill points, Obol cap upgrades, and Paragon points.
Season of Blood
A fanged threat emerges from the shadows in our second Season, Wanderer. At Gamescom: Opening Night Live, the Diablo IV development team announced Season of Blood will begin on October 17.
At the behest of their dark master, a newly turned army of ravenous vampires has set their sights on Sanctuary. The master’s sinister plot remains a shrouded mystery but their pursuit for the blood of innocents has caused an uproar. You must learn to hunt the hunter—your fate depends on it.
Season of Blood will introduce a new Questline for you to uncover, Vampiric Powers to wield against their originators, 5 additional endgame bosses with the ability to target specific Unique and Uber Unique items as a drop, and more.
Additionally, we will introduce some community-requested quality-of-life updates with Season of Blood:
- More efficient Inventory management for Gems.
- Paragon Points, Skill Points, Potion Charges, and Obol capacity upgrades will now carry over into a new Season once achieved with an Eternal or previous Seasonal Realm character.
- Changes to the functionality of status effects such as Vulnerable, Overpower, Critical Strike Damage and also Elemental Resistances.
The updates in the above bullet and the ability to target specific Unique and Ultra Unique items as a drop will be available in both Seasonal and Eternal Realms.
Watch the trailer below to meet Erys, a vampire hunter who stalks these blood leeches throughout Sanctuary, voiced by actress and producer Gemma Chan.
What we’ve shared today is just a slice of what’s in store for wanders in Season of Blood. We’ll share more details about Season of the Blood as we approach its release date.
You can read the entire official news post HERE