Blizzard has published patch notes for the upcoming Diablo 4 Patch 1.2.3 that brings Abbatoir of Zir and Midwinter Blight! The patch is going live on December 5.
Update: Blizzard added a few more notes related to the patch:
A quick few notes prior to the 1.2.3 update coming to Diablo IV on Tuesday via a same day server side hotfix.
The Melted Heart of Selig will no longer count as the player spending resources when resource is drained from damage taken in PvP zones.
We are doing this because of an interaction that is causing some performance issues for players. Per our earlier commitments, we will make our best efforts to not nerf builds during the Season and we are only applying this as it is impacting player game performance.
For Season 3 this will be fixed for all areas outside of PvP as well.
Separately, when 1.2.3 hits, we will have a known issue with advanced tooltips on the Tears of Blood glyph where it will show bonuses as additive. The icon is incorrect and it is actually multiplicative. That will also be noted in the hotfix notes for Tuesday.
You can read the entire official news post HERE
And here are the full patch notes:
Diablo 4 Patch 1.2.3 Notes
1.2.3 Build #47693 (All Platforms) – December 5, 2023
- A full list of possible affixes can now be previewed in the Enchantment menu using the new View Possible Affixes button.
- Earned Glyph experience from most Nightmare Tiers was increased.
- Tiers 1-17: No Change.
- By Tiers 30: From 66 to 79.
- By Tier 50: From 106 to 139.
- By Tier 75: From 156 to 239.
- By Tier 100: From 206 to 339.Earned Glyph experience from most Nightmare Tiers was increased.
Developer’s Note: After reviewing gameplay data and player feedback, we recognized that completing higher Nightmare Tiers was not as rewarding as we initially hoped for, with many players stopping their journey after reaching Tier 50. The experience increase to Glyphs at higher Tiers was made with the intent of incentivizing players to push their builds, making their arrival at Tier 100 feel that much more fulfilling. We will monitor how this change in experience pans out for players and encourage you to provide us with any feedback you have around this system.
- Introduced further support for NVIDIA Reflex technology. Visit the in-game settings to enable this feature.
- Fixed an issue where the Screen Reader didn’t announce the required pacts for Vampiric Powers.
- Fixed an issue that made the Screen Reader malfunction on the Steam Deck.
- Fixed an issue where the Mechanical Box wouldn’t respawn if the player was killed by the boss in the Bastion of Faith.
- Fixed an issue in the Fallen Temple dungeon where the objective to destroy the Idol of the Fallen Temple could not be completed properly if the Idol was destroyed instantly.
- Fixed an issue where the debuff effects in the Fallen Temple could be avoided when leaving and re-entering the Dungeon.
- Fixed an issue where enemies from the Sole Survivor event could spawn behind locked doors in the Hallowed Ossuary, blocking event mastery completion.
- Fixed an issue where Nightmare Dungeons wouldn’t properly reset after all revives were exhausted when playing local co-op.
- Fixed an issue where enemies spawned by Animus-carrying monsters with the Summoner affix unexpectedly carried Animus.
- Fixed an issue where bonus Elemental Damage affixes of Nightmare Dungeons scaled their damage too low or too high for their respective Tier.
- Fixed an issue where some attacks made by Echo of Lilith would not properly trigger if the player in the Party that started the encounter died.
- Fixed an issue where the first Death from Above cast by Echo of Lilith had irregular timing and didn’t display an incoming projectile indicator.
- Fixed an issue where Frostburn and Mother’s Embrace could drop as Sacred and not Ancestral from Tormented Echo of Varshan in World Tier IV.
- Fixed an issue where Gems could still drop from some sources, such as Avarice’s chest or Whisper Caches, instead of Gem Fragments.
- Fixed an issue where Rabies cast by Werewolf companions from the Of the Alpha legendary aspect could miss.
- Fixed an issue where Druids could continuously run into a wall if Trample was used to move towards a nearby wall.
- Fixed an issue where Treasure Goblins would sometimes become invincible and run away if the player mounted or unmounted near them. (Treasure Goblins have had enough of your bullying, wanderer.)
Season of Blood
- Fixed an issue where Blood Harvesters could quickly disappear after spawning.
- Fixed an issue where the Norvaic enemy could spawn repeatedly in certain co-op situations.
- Fixed an issue where Seeds of Hatred extracted by being Hatred’s Chosen did not count towards a Season Journey objective’s progress.
- Fixed an issue which made Potent Blood dropped from a Blood Well inaccessible.
Developer’s Note: A previous Hotfix allowed players to walk through Blood Wells to access Potent Blood. This change reverts the ability to walk through Blood Wells, but in exchange, Potent Blood will no longer spawn in the middle of Blood Wells so it can be easily picked up.
- Fixed an issue where Duriel wouldn’t spawn when the player re-entered the boss arena after respawning.
User Interface and User Experience
- Fixed an issue where map overlays for Helltide and Blood Harvest wouldn’t display properly when entering a region covered by fog of war.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltip displayed while hovering over certain items could blink periodically.
- Fixed an issue where the text describing how to unlock Mounts was inaccurate for players who skipped the Campaign.
Developer’s Note: If they choose to play through the Campaign, players that haven’t yet unlocked Mounts must complete the Donan’s Favor quest to unlock them. If the campaign is skipped, you must reach Level 25 before unlocking Mounts. The tooltip previously mentioned Quest completion only, which is irrelevant when skipping the Campaign.
- Fixed an issue where navigating to the Season Journey from a Seasonal Aspect wouldn’t open the correct chapter.
- Navigating the Seasonal Stash with a controller will now be more consistent.
- Fixed an issue where visual effects on armor would remain fully visible while using Concealment. (Lilith sees all, foolish wanderer.)
- Various visual, performance, and stability improvements.
You can read the entire official news post HERE