Flurry penetrates through every enemy in range with multiple hits. Aspect of Encircling Blades is required to turn Flurry into a massive circular Area of Effect (AoE) around the player. Make sure you have an extracted Aspect or have it unlocked in the Codex of Power. Extracted Aspects from Legendary Items are preferred for their stronger effect.
This AoE build is perfect for players that want a simple playstyle that easily clears groups of enemies. Alternatively, check out our Dual Core Flurry Rapid Fire Rogue for another Flurry build that includes Rapid Fire to deal more single target damage.
The only starting requirement for this endgame build guide is a character around Level 50 in World Tier 3. Check our Rogue Leveling Guide if you need help getting there.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- High Area Damage to Clear Packs
- Rapid Movement for Fast Dungeon Runs
- Can Crowd Control an Entire Pack of Enemies
- Reduced Single Target Damage
- Requires Melee Range
- Crowd Control Dependent on Procs
To see how this build compares to the other builds on our site, you can check out our build tier lists.
Season of the Malignant
Season 1 Patch Updates
- Siphoning Strikes now also requires a Lucky Hit chance of 75%.
- Aspect of Retribution bonus damage to Stunned reduced from 20-40% to 10-20%.
- Aspect of Disobedience maximum stacks reduced from 100 to 60, reducing maximum Bonus Armor % from 25%-50% to 15%-30%.
- Vengeful Aspect Lucky Hit Chance increased from 30-50% to 40-60%.
In addition to the build specific changes, multiple sources of Critical Strike Damage and Vulnerable Damage were reduced globally for all classes. Rogues did not receive any major nerfs to damage directly to their class. The biggest direct change to Rogues is the addition of a Lucky Hit Chance requirement for Siphoning Strikes, significantly reducing their survivability. All other classes received much heavier nerfs, making Rogue a top pick for season 1.
The second major update for Season 1 brings a few buffs to Rogues in Patch 1.1.1, released on August 8th, 2023. The only change directly affecting the Flurry build is the Lucky Hit chance increase from 75% to 85% for Siphoning Strikes, reducing the nerf made at the beginning of Season 1.
Best Malignant Hearts Tier List for Flurry Rogue
The Season 1 theme introduces Malignant Hearts that provide build-altering bonuses. The hearts are divided into 4 categories, each with a color that needs to be socketed in the corresponding colored Malignant Socket on equipped jewelry. Wrathful Hearts are a special case due to their rarity, and can be placed in any Socket.
Always socket Malignant Hearts instead of a Skull in Jewelry. Malignant Hearts provide an Armor bonus that scales with its Item Power.
Listed below is the Malignant Hearts Tier List for Flurry Rogue, ranked by importance. Stats displayed reflect what a Level 20 character would receive as a drop.
- Caged Heart of The Barber (Wrathful, Super-World Tier III): Critical Strikes and all subsequent damage within 2.0-4.0 seconds is absorbed by your target. Then, the absorbed damage erupts onto surrounding enemies. Stored damage is increased by 10% per second. – Fixed in Patch 1.1.1 to work with “on hit” effects and Lucky Hit chance.
- Caged Heart of Revenge (Brutal, Defensive-World Tier III): 10-20% of incoming damage is instead suppressed. When you use a Defensive, Subterfuge or a Macabre skill, all suppressed damage is amplified by 250% and explodes, dealing up to 1360-2040 Fire damage to Nearby enemies.
- Caged Heart of Tempting Fate (Vicious, Offensive-World Tier III): You gain 40-60% Critical Strike Damage but your Non-Critical Strikes deal 20-15% less damage.
- Caged Heart of the Dark Dance (Vicious, Offensive-World Tier III): Every 5 seconds while above 60% Life, Core Skills cost 68-51 Life instead of your Primary Resource. Skills that consume Life deal 10-20% increased damage.
- Caged Heart of the Picana (Vicious, Offensive): Critical Strikes electrically charge the enemy for 0.75-2.50 seconds, causing lightning to arc between them and any other charged enemies dealing 68-136 Lightning damage.
- Caged Heart of Cluster Munitions (Vicious, Offensive): Lucky Hit: You have up to a 20% chance to launch 3 Stun Grenades that deal 26-32 Physical damage and Stun enemies for 0.50 seconds.
- Caged Heart of the Clipshot (Devious, Utility): Lucky Hit: Up to a 20-40% chance for your Cutthroat Skills to Slow by 40% for 3 seconds and your Marksman Skills to Knock Back enemies.
Skill Tree Points and Skill Bar
The following tables show the full allocation of Skill Points for the Flurry Rogue build. The first table has the most important 48 points to start the build. The second table has the remaining 10 points that are allocated once you obtain all Skill Points from Renown.
|Puncture Level 1, Enhanced Puncture, Fundamental Puncture||Basic Skill|
|Flurry Level 5, Enhanced Flurry, Improved Flurry|
Sturdy Level 3, Siphoning Strikes Level 3
Stutter Step Level 3
|Dash Level 1, Enhanced Dash, Disciplined Dash|
Shadow Step Level 1, Enhanced Shadow Step, Methodical Shadow Step
|Poison Trap Level 1, Enhanced Poison Trap, Countering Poison Trap|
Exploit Level 3, Malice Level 3
Agile Level 3
|Poison Imbuement Level 1, Enhanced Poison Imbuement, Blended Poison Imbuement|
Deadly Venom Level 1, Debilitating Toxins Level 3
|Innervation Level 3||Ultimate Skill|
|Close Quarters Combat||Key Passives|
|Remaining Renown Points||Cluster|
|Adrenaline Rush Level 1, Haste Level 3||Ultimate Skill|
|Concussive Level 3, Trick Attacks Level 1|
Weapon Mastery Level 2
Flurry Rogue Specialization
The Specialization can be swapped to Inner Sight for long single target fights, like World Bosses. The harder you hit, the faster you fill up your Inner Sight Gauge to gain unlimited Energy for 4 seconds. A strong character benefits more from this Specialization, allowing for more Flurry usage.
The Paragon progression system unlocks at Level 50 and provides a vast amount of character power. On the Paragon Board, bonuses range from minor stats on Magic Nodes to more powerful Rare Glyphs and Legendary Nodes.
As you path towards Glyph Sockets and Legendary Nodes, you should prioritize Damage, Dexterity, Resistance, and Life for Normal and Magic Nodes. Glyph radius increases as you level them up. Therefore, if you cannot fulfill Additional Bonus requirements early on, skip allocating extra nodes for now.
Listed below are the Legendary Nodes and Rare Glyphs to use for the Flurry Rogue build, sorted in the order obtained in Paragon.
|Closer||• For every 5 Dexterity purchased within range, Cutthroat Skills deal +2% increased damage.|
• Additional Bonus (requires 40 Dexterity purchased in radius range):
While wielding a Melee weapon, you take 10% reduced damage.
|Tricks of the Trade||Your Marksman Skills grant your next Cutthroat Skill 25% increased damage. Your Cutthroat Skills grant your next Marksman Skill 25% increased damage.|
|Chip||• For every 5 Dexterity purchased within range, you deal +2% increased Physical damage.|
• Additional Bonus (requires 40 Dexterity purchased in radius range):
Physical damage increases the damage an enemy takes from you by 1%, up to 10%, for 15 seconds.
|Exploit Weakness||Whenever you deal damage to a Vulnerable enemy, they take 1% increased damage from you for 6 seconds, up to 15%.|
|Combat||• For every 5 Intelligence purchased within range, Core Skills deal +4% increased Critical Strike Damage.|
• Additional Bonus (requires 40 Intelligence purchased in radius range):
Skills that Critically Strike restore 12% of their Energy cost.
|Deadly Ambush||You deal 22.5% increased Critical Strike Damage to enemies affected by your Trap Skills.|
|Exploit||• For every 5 Strength purchased within range, you deal + [3.85%] increased damage to Vulnerable targets.|
• Additional Bonus (requires 25 Strength purchased in radius range):
When an enemy is damaged by you, they become Vulnerable for 3 seconds. This cannot happen more than once every 20 seconds per enemy.
- Path to the first Glyph Socket along the right side of the first Paragon Board and insert Closer. Purchase all Dexterity nodes in radius range for the Additional Bonus.
- Obtain Lawless nearby.
- Obtain Skillful nearby and purchase 3 Magic Nodes providing Damage.
- Continue down the left side to Resilience and purchase 2 surrounding Magic Nodes providing Maximum Life.
- Continue up the left side of the first Paragon Board to your first Board Attachment Gate. Attach Tricks of the Trade after rotating the board clockwise 2 times.
Tricks of the Trade (2nd Board)
- Path up and left to Brawler. Purchase all 5 surrounding Magic Nodes.
- Continue up, right and then up to Tricks of the Trade.
- From the route between Brawler and Tricks of the Trade, path right and down to Shadow Resilience. Purchase 2 surrounding Magic Nodes providing Maximum Life.
- From the route between Brawler and Tricks of the Trade, path up to Lawless. Purchase 3 Magic Nodes providing Armor.
- Continue up to the Glyph Socket. Insert Chip and purchase all Dexterity nodes in radius range.
- Obtain Focused nearby and purchase 3 Magic Nodes providing Damage to Elites.
- From the Glyph Socket, path left and up to Havoc. Purchase all surrounding Magic Nodes.
- From Focused, path straight up to the Board Attachment Gate at the top. Attach Exploit Weakness after rotating the board clockwise 1 time.
Exploit Weakness (3rd Board)
- Path up and right to Unassailable. Purchase all 5 surrounding Magic Nodes.
- Continue up to Exploit Weakness.
- From the route between Unassailable and Exploit Weakness, path left to Exploit. Purchase all 5 surrounding Magic Nodes.
- Continue up to the Glyph Socket. Insert Combat and purchase all Intelligence nodes in radius range.
- Obtain Artifice nearby and purchase 3 Magic Nodes providing Vulnerable Damage.
- Obtain Dosage nearby and purchase 3 Magic Nodes providing Potion Healing.
- From the route between Unassailable and Exploit Weakness, path right to Cold Resilience and purchase 2 Magic Nodes providing Maximum Life.
- Continue back up to Hunter Killer and purchase all 5 surrounding Magic Nodes.
- Take the shortest route to the Board Attachment Gate on the left side of the board. Attach Deadly Ambush after rotating the board clockwise 2 times.
Deadly Ambush (4th Board)
- Path left and up to Poison Resilience. Purchase2 surrounding Magic Nodes providing Maximum Life.
- Continue left and up to Deadly Ambush.
- Continue down to the Glyph Socket. Insert Exploit and purchase all Strength nodes in radius range.
- Obtain Engineering nearby and purchase 3 Magic Nodes providing Damage to Enemies Affected by Trap Skills.
- Obtain Cunning nearby and purchase 3 Magic Nodes providing Damage Reduction from Enemies Affected by Trap Skills.
- From Deadly Ambush, path right to Trapper and purchase 2 Magic Nodes providing Damage to Enemies Affected by Trap Skills.
Mechanics and Playstyle
The Flurry Rogue build is fairly simple to play. Flurry becomes a powerful clearing skill, especially with Aspect of Encircling Blades to turn it into a circular Area of Effect (AoE) around the player.
The Flurry Rogue utilizes multiple status effects to render enemies helpless. Fundamental Puncture easily applies Vulnerable to a target with a single Basic attack. Following up with Improved Flurry spreads Vulnerable to every enemy within the AoE. In group play, apply this debuff to entire groups of enemies so your teammates deal 20% more damage!
Once enemies are Vulnerable, Mangler’s Aspect has a Lucky Hit chance to Daze them. Critical Strikes against Dazed enemies knock them down with Trick Attacks, activating Concussive for increased Critical Strike Chance.
Use the following rotation to optimize DPS.
- (Optional) Use Shadow Step to stun an elite or Dash to reposition around enemies.
- Alternate between Poison Trap and Poison Imbuement to keep enemies Poisoned.
- Cast Puncture 1-3 times to build Combo Points.
- Cast Flurry in the middle of enemy packs.
- Repeat the rotation. Make sure you alternate between Flurry and Puncture to activate Close Quarters Combat, Aspect of the Expectant and Tricks of the Trade Legendary Paragon Node.
Gear Choice and Stat Priority in the Endgame
Make sure to pick up all Rare Item drops that may be upgrades while you are farming with Flurry Rogue. Save Legendary Items with useful aspects in your stash to be used later for extraction and imprinting onto well rolled Rare Items.
When comparing weapons with similar item levels, Swords are preferred over Daggers for higher damage per hit and the Critical Strike Damage implicit. The DPS value on ranged weapons does not matter, so prioritize affix values instead. Crossbows are preferred over Bows for the Vulnerable Damage implicit.
Stat Priority List
Listed below are the affixes to prioritize on gear for Flurry Rogues. Each line of affixes are listed in order of importance. Affixes on the same line are considered to be equally important, since their exact values differ for each character. All stats have an effect that is dependent on how much is already stacked. Bolded stats are the most important and sometimes vital for the build to function properly.
|Gear Slot||Important Affixes|
|Weapons||+ DPS value, Critical Strike Damage and Vulnerable Damage|
+ Dexterity, Damage to Close, Core Skill Damage
+ Damage to Injured, Poisoned, Trapped, Crowd Controlled, Dazed or Stunned Enemies
|Helm||+ Basic Attack Speed, Cooldown Reduction, Armor|
+ Maximum Life
+ Maximum Energy
+ Crowd Control Duration
|Chest||+ Armor, Damage Reduction, DR from Close Enemies, DR from Distant Enemies|
+ Maximum Life
+ Damage with Dual-Wielded Weapons, Cutthroat Skill Damage, Damage, Physical Damage
|Gloves||+ Ranks of Flurry, Attack Speed and Critical Strike Chance|
+ Dexterity, Critical Strike Chance Against Injured Enemies
+ Reduces the Arm Time of Your Trap Skills, Trap Cooldown Reduction
+ Lucky Hit Chance, LHC to Restore Primary Resource
+ Damage to Injured Enemies
|Pants||+ Armor, Damage Reduction, DR from Close Enemies, DR from Distant Enemies|
+ Maximum Life, Dodge Chance, DC Against Close Enemies
|Boots||+ Energy Cost Reduction|
+ Movement Speed, Ranks of Dash
+ Dexterity, Dodge Chance, DC Against Distant Enemies
+ Damage Reduction while Injured
|Amulet||+ Energy Cost Reduction|
+ Ranks of Malice, Exploit or Weapon Mastery Passive
+ Cooldown Reduction, Armor, Movement Speed
+ Damage Reduction, DR from Poisoned, Distant, Close Enemies, or while Injured
+ % Dexterity
+ Critical Strike Chance Against Injured Enemies
+ Crowd Control Duration
+ Trap Cooldown Reduction
+ Damage, Cutthroat Skill Damage, Damage with Dual-Wielded Weapons
|Rings||+ Critical Strike Chance and Damage, Vulnerable Damage|
+ Maximum Life, Resource Generation, Damage to Close Enemies
+ Maximum Energy, Lucky Hit Chance
+ Physical Damage, Damage to Poisoned, Dazed, Injured, Crowd Controlled or Stunned Enemies
Legendary Aspects and Codex of Power
Listed below are all the best-in-slot Aspects found on Legendary Items that are important for the Flurry Rogue build. Aspects from the Codex of Power can be used if you cannot find the proper Legendary drops, but they have weaker effects. Extract Aspects from lower level Legendary Items and imprint them onto better Rare Items with preferred stats.
Resource Aspects, such as Aspect of the Umbral and Ravenous Aspect, help with Energy management early on. Unfortunately, they are limited to Ring slots and replace Offensive Aspects. Resource management is improved elsewhere in this build, so important separate damage multipliers are not lost.
|Gear Slot||Aspect Name||Aspect Power|
|Ranged Weapon (+100% bonus effect)||Aspect of Encircling Blades||Flurry damages enemies in a circle around you and deals [8 – 15%] increased damage.|
|Amulet (+50 bonus effect)||Edgemaster’s Aspect||Skills deal up to [10 – 20%] increased damage based on your available Primary Resource when cast, receiving the maximum benefit while you have full Primary Resource.|
|Dual-Wielded Weapon Slot #1 (replaced by Condemnation)||Vengeful Aspect||Lucky Hit: Making an enemy Vulnerable has up to a [40 – 60%] chance to grant 3% increased Critical Strike Chance for 3 seconds, up to 9%.|
|Dual-Wielded Weapon Slot #2, Rings or Gloves||Aspect of Retribution||Distant enemies have a 8% chance to be Stunned for 2 seconds when they hit you. You deal [10 – 20%] increased damage to Stunned enemies.|
|Dual-Wielded Weapon Slot #2, Rings or Gloves||Aspect of the Expectant||Attacking enemies with a Basic Skill increases the damage of your next Core Skill cast by [5 – 10%], up to 30%.|
|Dual-Wielded Weapon Slot #2, Rings or Gloves||Rapid Aspect||Basic Skills gain [15 – 30%] Attack Speed.|
|Dual-Wielded Weapon Slot #2, Rings or Gloves||Accelerating Aspect||Critical Strikes with Core Skills increase your Attack Speed by [15 – 25%] for 3 seconds.|
|Helm or Chest||Mangler’s Aspect||Lucky Hit: Dealing direct damage to a Vulnerable enemy has up to a [25 – 45%] chance to Daze them for 2 seconds.|
|Helm, Chest or Pants||Aspect of Might||Basic Skills grant 20% Damage Reduction for [2 – 6] seconds|
|Helm, Chest or Pants||Aspect of Disobedience||You gain [0.25 – 0.50%] increased Armor for 4 seconds when you deal any form of damage, stacking up to [15.00 – 30.00%].|
|Boots||Ravager’s Aspect||Shadow Step has an additional Charge. Killing an enemy with Shadow Step refunds a Charge and increases the damage of Shadow Step by [1 – 6%] for 2 seconds, up to [5 – 30%].|
Condemnation – Your Core Skills deal [20 – 40%] increased damage when spending 3 Combo Points. Your Skills using this weapon have a 30% chance to generate 3 Combo Points.
This Unique Dagger synergies well with this Combo Points build for an additional damage multiplier.
Not Recommended Unique items
Listed below are the Unique Items not recommended for this build and the reasons they are not worthwhile.
- Skyhunter – This Unique Bow is a huge DPS loss compared to a Legendary Crossbow with well-rolled affixes, a Vulnerable Damage implicit and an Offensive Aspect with +100% bonus effect on 2-Handed Weapons.
- Asheara’s Khanjar – The Attack Speed bonus on this Unique Dagger is decent, but the rest of its affixes are lacking. A Legendary Sword with well-rolled affixes and an Offensive Aspect is more beneficial.
- Grasp of Shadow – These Unique Gloves provide up to +3 Ranks for all Core Skills, but Legendary Gloves with +4 Ranks of Flurry are better. The summoned Shadow Clone attack does significantly less damage than the original attack being copied.
- Temerity – These Unique Pants provide a consistent Barrier when paired with Siphoning Strikes. Conceited Aspect can also be used with this Barrier generation for increased damage, but this build already has enough Offensive Aspect choices. Using Temerity causes you to miss out on 4 Damage Reduction affixes and an Aspect from Legendary Pants, making them not worthwhile.
Listed below are the best Gems to socket into gear for each slot type for the Flurry Rogue build.
- Weapon: Royal Emerald for Critical Strike Damage to Vulnerable Enemies.
- Armor: Royal Ruby for Maximum Life or Royal Topaz to prevent deaths from chain Crowd Controls.
- Jewelry: Malignant Hearts if playing Season 1. Otherwise, Royal Skull for Armor.
Elixirs and Health Potions
Visit the Alchemist in any main town to craft helpful Elixirs that increase stats and experience gain for 30 minutes. Make sure to forage plants and pick up the necessary crafting materials during your adventures; they randomly spawn around the world. Craft a Precision Elixir or Assault Elixir.
Return to the Alchemist again when you reach Level 20, 30, 45, 60, 70, 80 and 90, to upgrade your potion. The extra healing is essential to survival.
- August 30th, 2023: Not Recommended Unique Items section added.
- August 2nd, 2023: Patch 1.1.1 section added with another Siphoning Strike change.
- July 18th, 2023: Guide updated for Season 1.
- July 14th, 2023: Stat Priority List reevaluated.
- July 12th, 2023: Aspects reevaluated.