FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Current 2H Frost Stat Weights (1/22/2015)

I'm going to start maintaining a few threads for stat weights for each spec, based on various item levels, different fight configurations and other things that I may find relevant to share information about. As always, if you want the most accurate information for your character specifically then you should go to www.simulationcraft.org and import your character from the armory and run a simulation specific to your gear (maybe I'll write a guide on all this later) However if you're looking for 95% accurate information for a few different gear levels, this is where you'll be able to find that information quickly.

Both of these sims are patchwerk, elite player skill, default simcraft profile for the ilvl, and 25,000 iterations.

T17 Heroic (670 ilvl)

HdF6Mlv.png

at 700 haste, haste is around 20% better than multistrike

T17 Mythic (685 ilvl)

iiDiW27.png

1354 haste, haste still comes out better in sims by about 10%, but players are reporting dps losses in actual boss fights by continuing to stack haste at this point.

I would recommend the general 2H Frost stat weights should be:

Weapon DPS > Str > Haste upto 1000 > Multstrike > Haste over 1000 > Versatility > Crit = Mastery.

• Like 1

I still need to sim DW, I'll try to get to that this weekend. haste cap is most likely a lot lower do to easier resource capping during howling blast spam.

• Like 1

I can confirm the haste cap. I've simmed my character a few times, once below 1000 Haste and above.

The time it was below 1k, it simmed Haste a lot higher than Multistrike, but once I've surpassed that cap, Multistrike quickly became better.

So it's recommened to stop gearing and enchanting for Haste, once you've reached about 30-40% Haste (buffed).