Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bya

Balance druid tips/help (logs)

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I play a balance druid for a few weeks now and I wanted to ask if someone could take a look at my logs and tell if I have any big mistakes or some things I could do better.

Since we don't have another balance druid in our raid, I also don't have a good comparison where I should be in terms of dmg with my current. I know it's hard to say, but can you roughly estimate if my numbers are ok in generell?

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XQcbAMLxhwrRgY8z

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Bya/advanced

Would be glad to get some helpful answers :)

In the log linked, it looks like you use Incarnation after pull instead of before. Doing it before saves you a GCD during combat and is a generous DPS increase for the opener. There was a drop in both Sunfire and Starfire right when the raid casted Bloodlust. 59 casts between Starsurge and Starfall seems pretty strong. In all, you are performing well. From what I can see, it comes down to a good understanding of how your spells interact with one another and how to situate yourself intelligently in the raid, since you are taking very little damage and have a stable output with no significant dips from having to move.

Since I didn't find a special topic for this, and I personally think there should be one sticky with "My DeePeeZ is low, HELP!" for balance and feral, I'll post here :>

Another fat chicken, forced out of his usual seat (mistweaver) into the harsh world of DPSing, wondering what he's doing wrong on the Butcher, dps seems... low sad.png Some advice, please (aside from opener, got that part while browsing and not having a Copeland).

Log

Armory

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Teufel

Other than the fact you got bitch-slapped by the boss there, not seeing anything wrong. Your gear is extremely well itemized for Balance, you've got a lot of gold into expensive enchants, and you pulled 30K on a single target fight. Dot management was flawless. I did notice that you didn't do anything while moving; the initial damage of Moonfire/Sunfire isn't amazing, but it's better than nothing, and maybe you can Starsurge if the timing works out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bigboyee
      Me and my raid group are still progressing through Mythic EN, though we have Nyth, Elerethe, and Ursoc all easily on farm. I'm consistently parsing very low for my ilvl, and consistently losing out in dps to a lower ilvl shaman of the same spec. Despite usually having better buff uptimes than him and better cd usage he parses much better than me. Usually the main difference i find is he gets off way more stormstrikes than me. Recently I've started mashing that button almost nonstop in fights, sometimes sacrificing a few seconds of buff time to get off more stormstrikes, but the results seem to be about the same as before. 
      Below you'll find logs that have both of us in them, as well as mine and his armory links. I'm Bigboyee and the other shaman is Cyrashapa. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
      The Ursoc fight in particular on this one: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vnpwPdAC7FrHxcWV#type=damage-done&fight=12
      Ursoc and Odyn were the only clean fights we had here:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YfgFwB3rzH6mV1jM/#fight=2&type=damage-done
      My armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Bigboyee/simple
      His armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Cyrashapa/simple
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Restoration And Balance.
      Monk: Mistweaver.
      Shaman: Restoration.
      Hunter: One.
      Other dps will also be considered.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Druid No Giants Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Jade Druid Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Druid Standard Deck