ShadowTurtle

New Lynx Rush

9 posts in this topic

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the new lynx rush compared to the other talent choices for that tier with regard to raiding, and whether the new bleed effect will make a massive difference on its usefulness or not. I have no idea Posted Image

Personally I think its a nerf.

Bosses with mutilple targets eat up the dot effect, so it wont stack as high.

Than again this is just a guess, I havent tested it nor have I seen any tests done yet.

Im curious aswell what the numbers will tell us.

To me this seems more like a change to the way in which the damage is done, rather than the damage itself, to make it less bursty for PvP. I've not gotten to play around with it much, so we'll see what comes up.

I personally feel that it has increased my damage output. Ever since the patch I have been pulling more DPS, and it especially helps me keep up better sustained numbers than I was pulling previously. When there are multiple targets however, it won't stack up on my main target as high because my pet is jumping around applying it to other enemies and it seems to lower the damage a bit. Edited by KittyMinky

I personally feel that it has increased my damage output. Ever since the patch I have been pulling more DPS, and it especially helps me keep up better sustained numbers than I was pulling previously. When there are multiple targets however, it won't stack up on my main target as high because my pet is jumping around applying it to other enemies and it seems to lower the damage a bit.

Keep in mind that we got a 5% RAP buff =).

As of the lynx rush, still struggling with it.

Readiness before or after the stacks are gone, that my question overall.

On multy targets I feel its a nerf. its spread single stacks and doesnt combo with Beast Cleave.

I personally feel that it has increased my damage output. Ever since the patch I have been pulling more DPS, and it especially helps me keep up better sustained numbers than I was pulling previously. When there are multiple targets however, it won't stack up on my main target as high because my pet is jumping around applying it to other enemies and it seems to lower the damage a bit.

Contrary to what I said earlier in the thread, the new Lynx Rush seems to be a smaller DPS boost than A Murder of Crows, even for Beast Mastery.

I also have experienced some DPS increase, but I think its because i can cast cobra shot in movement and thats much more easy than switching aspects middle of the fight which sometimes i forgot to switch back to aspect of the iron hawk. On stone guard casting and moving, specially when I have chains its a great advantage without loosing much dps

As everyone said, I think on single target it work pretty similar to the old talent, on multi target I think is a loss.

Sorry for my bad english

I also have experienced some DPS increase, but I think its because i can cast cobra shot in movement and thats much more easy than switching aspects middle of the fight which sometimes i forgot to switch back to aspect of the iron hawk. On stone guard casting and moving, specially when I have chains its a great advantage without loosing much dps

As everyone said, I think on single target it work pretty similar to the old talent, on multi target I think is a loss.

Sorry for my bad english

Well, I used comparative simulations in Simulationcraft, and they show a 3-4K DPS increase for using A Murder of Crows instead of Lynx Rush.

Well, I used comparative simulations in Simulationcraft, and they show a 3-4K DPS increase for using A Murder of Crows instead of Lynx Rush.

I'll definitely give it a shot next time I'm on!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• [Bleeding Hollow-H]<Shifty Casuals> 13/13M Open Recruitment
      By mischievous
      Archimonde dead after 7 raid days!

We're looking for exceptional raiders of any class that are ready to jump straight into Mythic HFC. 

About Us: 
      We are a guild, made up of former members of <Red Shift> and <Casually Addicted>, on Bleeding Hollow (PvP Server on a Chicago Datacenter) that have a common goal and will do what is necessary to achieve it. We are Shifty Casuals.
      We are a group of professional adults, who believe success in raiding doesn't correlate to number in days/hours you spend raiding. We are starting a fresh page within our guild history and sticking to a 3 day a week raid schedule.
      We don't tolerate elitism, bigotry, misogyny or any of the like. We enjoy our calm, adult environment and have no qualms with protecting it.
      We do loot council which is fair and distributes loot for the progression of the raid as a whole and not an individual player. No favoritism, no loot drama.
      We have our sights set on top 100 US for Legion and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our ranks.

Raid Days and Times (All times in EST as that is our server time):
      · Tuesday 8:45pm-11:45pm
      · Wednesday 8:45pm-11:45pm
      · Thursday 8:45pm-11:45pm

Who We Want:
      Since we are reforming and building for the expansion now is a great time to get in on the ground floor and clear content with us, while prepping for the new expansion. These are some key traits that we are looking for:
      · Someone who understands that 3 nights a week raiding means that you need to bring your A-game each and every night. Attendance is expected to be near 100%. By committing to raid, you are committing yourself to our raiding schedule.
      · The ability to perform under pressure. We only recruit impressive players, and spots are always competitive.
      · Extensive class knowledge of your class. (IE: Alpha/beta testing, keeping up with theorycrafting, properly gemmed/enchanted, always be up to date on the intricacies of your class (not solely your spec(s)) and on the utility of the entire raid group.)
      · A computer that can handle 20-30 man raiding and the ability to communicate via VOIP when needed. You must have a working headset and mic, and you must be prepared to use them. We will not read chat during boss fights. Inability to give a vocal response will not be tolerated as it directly hinders progression.
      · Tough skin. We're always looking to improve ourselves as should you. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but flaming and insulting is not tolerated whatsoever.

If you have what it takes to be a part of this great team and community, feel free to apply @ http://tinyurl.com/shiftycasualapply or contact any of the officers for additional information.

Contacts:
      Mischievous - Officer - giggles#1351
      Tenss - Guild Master - tenspeed#1198
      Esurient - Co-GM - starvingsun#1436
      Amisti - Officer - amisti#1417
    • [Arthas] [H] <The Sworn> (12/13M) LF DPS!
      By Violentravi
      Hello,

The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 12/13 Mythic.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 PM until 12:00 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Archimonde progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.

From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.

If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or make a character on our realm and either message myself (violentravi#1826) or raid leader, Huntelsa (huntelsa#1444).  Alternatively, you can apply via our website: http://theswornarthas.enjin.com/recruitment

Thank you for your consideration

Xoxo

Violentnacho

• [Area 52][H] Cyanide and Cookies - Prepping for Legion Raids
      By Macnico
      Cyanide and Cookies is a fresh Horde guild on the Area 52 (US) server preparing for semi-hardcore raiding in Legion, and will be progressing throughout the expansion. We'll be focusing on maintaining a quality environment by recruiting quality people. We will be taking our progression very seriously while maintaining the enjoyment of the game. If you're a quality player looking to perform with quality players, look no further.

We'll be starting off with 10-13 for our core with pending composition, and will be transitioning into a full group for Heroic and Mythic. Our schedule will consist of two hour raid sessions twice a week (these numbers will only increase). If you apply, please allow two weeks for processing. If you are chosen for a position, we will contact you via Enjin as well as in-game methods.

If you have any questions for me personally, you can contact me directly in-game: Macnico#1199

http://cyanideandcookies.enjin.com/home

Thank you for your interest, and best of luck.
    • [EU-Argent Dawn][A] <Stormguard> HFC: 12/13 M, healers and dps
      By Baes
      Hello fellow raiders!     Stormguard's current progress is 12/13(M) Hellfire Citadel and we are inviting more friends to join us on soon Mythic adventures! Don't forget to bring puns!   Ranged: Druid
      Warlock
      Priest
      Shaman
      Hunter     Who WE are We are Stormguard - a Mythic, semi-hardcore raiding guild that once upon a time moved from Steamwheedle Cartel to Argent Dawn in search of new friends and adventures. We have years of raiding experience and a great atmosphere in our raids that we value a lot, successfully maintain and are very proud of. We appreciate a good joke, friendly banter and even a good pun! We do not, however, tolerate insults, enraging or any display of aggression - if it will occur- it can earn you a boot from the guild.    Who YOU are You are a gentleman,a lady or a cat, who is mature, has raiding experience, polite and has a good attitude. You are not a drama queen/king/cat, whiner or a grumpy dwarf. You are researching your class's tips and tricks and are always up to date with news and changes. You come prepared, repaired and bearing a good joke for the night and are able to listen/talk using our voice communications. Patience and a good sense of humor are crucial!   Since we reside on an RP server, some of our members are RPers and some are not - which means you are not obligated to RP but you may not disturb or insult in any way others that do so. You shall always remember that you represent our guild when you are out in the wilderness or in the cities and shall behave accordingly.     What our GOALS are Stormguards ultimate goal is to clear each current content tier on mythic difficulty while maintaining a good and friendly atmosphere. We raid 3 times per week: Wednesday, Thursday and Monday evenings from 20.00 to 23.00 server time. We do not normally extend over the raid-end time, unless it is the last encounter and it is agreed with all the raid members. We require our members to attend minimum of 85% of the raids.     For SOCIAL members: We are always welcoming social members. To fulfill social member requirements you actually have to be social! Social members are the soul of the guild and we value them as much as our raiders.   How you can FIND us: Please visit and apply at our guild page: http://stormguard.openlogix.se Please register with your ingame character name for faster approval.