ShadowTurtle

New Lynx Rush

9 posts in this topic

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the new lynx rush compared to the other talent choices for that tier with regard to raiding, and whether the new bleed effect will make a massive difference on its usefulness or not. I have no idea Posted Image

Personally I think its a nerf.

Bosses with mutilple targets eat up the dot effect, so it wont stack as high.

Than again this is just a guess, I havent tested it nor have I seen any tests done yet.

Im curious aswell what the numbers will tell us.

To me this seems more like a change to the way in which the damage is done, rather than the damage itself, to make it less bursty for PvP. I've not gotten to play around with it much, so we'll see what comes up.

I personally feel that it has increased my damage output. Ever since the patch I have been pulling more DPS, and it especially helps me keep up better sustained numbers than I was pulling previously. When there are multiple targets however, it won't stack up on my main target as high because my pet is jumping around applying it to other enemies and it seems to lower the damage a bit. Edited by KittyMinky

I personally feel that it has increased my damage output. Ever since the patch I have been pulling more DPS, and it especially helps me keep up better sustained numbers than I was pulling previously. When there are multiple targets however, it won't stack up on my main target as high because my pet is jumping around applying it to other enemies and it seems to lower the damage a bit.

Keep in mind that we got a 5% RAP buff =).

As of the lynx rush, still struggling with it.

Readiness before or after the stacks are gone, that my question overall.

On multy targets I feel its a nerf. its spread single stacks and doesnt combo with Beast Cleave.

I personally feel that it has increased my damage output. Ever since the patch I have been pulling more DPS, and it especially helps me keep up better sustained numbers than I was pulling previously. When there are multiple targets however, it won't stack up on my main target as high because my pet is jumping around applying it to other enemies and it seems to lower the damage a bit.

Contrary to what I said earlier in the thread, the new Lynx Rush seems to be a smaller DPS boost than A Murder of Crows, even for Beast Mastery.

I also have experienced some DPS increase, but I think its because i can cast cobra shot in movement and thats much more easy than switching aspects middle of the fight which sometimes i forgot to switch back to aspect of the iron hawk. On stone guard casting and moving, specially when I have chains its a great advantage without loosing much dps

As everyone said, I think on single target it work pretty similar to the old talent, on multi target I think is a loss.

Sorry for my bad english

I also have experienced some DPS increase, but I think its because i can cast cobra shot in movement and thats much more easy than switching aspects middle of the fight which sometimes i forgot to switch back to aspect of the iron hawk. On stone guard casting and moving, specially when I have chains its a great advantage without loosing much dps

As everyone said, I think on single target it work pretty similar to the old talent, on multi target I think is a loss.

Sorry for my bad english

Well, I used comparative simulations in Simulationcraft, and they show a 3-4K DPS increase for using A Murder of Crows instead of Lynx Rush.

Well, I used comparative simulations in Simulationcraft, and they show a 3-4K DPS increase for using A Murder of Crows instead of Lynx Rush.

I'll definitely give it a shot next time I'm on!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Imortalfrost
      [US-Trollbane][H]<Penance Reborn>All Roles

Our goal is Full clearing heroics and pushing into mythics to make rank on our realm!
      Tuesdays and Thursdays 8pm est to 11pm est.

We are recruiting the following:
      All roles

What We Expect Out of Our Recruits:
      First, we expect our recruits to know their class fairly well. They should also have a good grasp of the encounters. Knowledge is power as the saying goes.
      Second, we expect almost perfect attendance and punctuality from our recruits. Recruits can miss 1-2 days out of the month. They shouldn't be late though, we strive to start raid at 8:00 on the dot.
      Third, we expect our recruits to be able to take criticism without making a fuss. We won't ever attack recruits for making mistakes, but we will politely let them know of their blunders.
      Finally, our guild/raid chat can get spicy sometimes, its very adult oriented, we expect our recruits to be able to handle our conversations and not become offended.
      *We expect all our raiders to be on our realm in our guild to get priority looting.

Addons we require:
      RClootcouncil
      Vent
      DBM
      Exorsus Raid Tools

If you have questions or would like to jump in find us on facebook!  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1554533758181966/

• By tonitunes
      My first post here, and I hate it being one of complaint but I don't know where else to turn for advice right now, and that's what I am looking for, advice, I'm not just whining ;).
      I'm an experienced BM and MM hunter pre-legion. My dps was running on average 50K as per recount. I went with the talents suggested here and am using the stat rotation but my MM dps has dropped to like 25K, 
      I tried running on my BM and while I did experience a bit of a DPS drop, I think I can contribute most of it to my being slower and not "automatically" going to the proper next spell, which I was so used to doing that I could do it almost on autopilot without even thinking. I believe once I practice that will be fine.
      However, such a drop really is killing me on MM and I always preferred to run MM when in raids so I don't have my pet get all dumb and cause trouble. 
      Do you have any ideas what I maybe doing wrong? Is there something I could have missed? 
    • By Havok
      WHO ARE WE?
      Fever Clan is a massive multi-gaming clan. With over 1000 active members, FeverClan is a one of the largest multi-gaming clans in existence. Our #1 goal is to bring a fun environment to our members and guests. 
      WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
      We're looking for raiders for Legion. We will have two separate raid groups going; one will be a three nights/week (10 hour) progression raid group, and one will be a one night/week normal mode raid group. 
      PROGRESSION RAIDING
      Where: 
      The Fever, Mal'ganis, Horde
      Recruiting: 
      We are currently accepting applications for all exceptional raiders of age 15+ for Legion.
      Requirements: 
      Proper Gems & Enchants
      Class knowledge (min/max your toon)
      Add-ons DBM, EPGP Lootmaster, EPGP DKP Reloaded & Angry Assignments
      Ability to research & learn fights quickly, execute raid mechanics & take constructive criticism 
      Good raid attendance above 80%
      Patience & Loyalty
      Follow the fever rules
      Team Player Attitude & Drama Free
      Loot:
      EPGP 
      Schedule: 
      TUESDAY- 6:30pm - 9:30pm PST / 9:30pm - 12:30am EST
      FRIDAY- 6pm - 10pm PST / 9:00pm - 1:00am EST
      MONDAY 6:30 pm - 9:30pm PST / 9:30pm - 12:30am EST
      (10 hours/week)
      NORMAL MODE RAIDS
      Where: 
      Cross-server invites: US/Horde
      Recruiting: 
      We are currently accepting applications for all mature raiders of age 15+ for Legion
      Loot:
      Likely personal loot due to cross-realm invites (Legion system doesn't allow for loot master outside of guild runs) 
      Schedule: 
      Thursday: 7pm - 10pm CST / 8pm - 11pm EST / 5pm - 8pm PST
      (More days/times will be added for separate one night raids) 
      Requirements: 
      - ilvl TBD
      - full enchants and gems (this is checked)
      - experience is not required.
      Rules (in summary): No drama, act mature, remain calm. 

Potential members applying to Fever must be at least 15 years or older. You can become a member by registering, submitting an application, and then completing an interview on our teamspeak server. The interview is quick and nothing to worry about!
      Register here: http://feverclan.com/forums/register.php
      Submit application: http://feverclan.com/forums/misc.php?do=application
      Interviews: Conducted on our teamspeak server ( ts.feverclan.com )
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      When answering “How did you hear about Fever Clan:” on your application please remember to put the following:
      Fever Member Referral
      Referrer: Havok
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      Thank you for your time and I hope you choose to join the pandemic! If you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them!
    • By Reikettsu
      Like A Boss - 13/13H Recruiting Ranged DPS and Heals for Mythic progression in Legion.

About us:
      Like A Boss was founded during WotLK by a small group of in real life friends. We are formerly a 10-man Heroic raiding guild that raided throughout WotLK and went on a hiatus during Firelands (Cataclysm). Like A Boss is now back after a 4 year break and we are looking to find more ranged DPS and healers to join us for raiding Mythic content in Legion. We are a semi-hardcore guild, and are looking for dedicated members who are able to make a majority (if not all) of our scheduled raids.

What we are looking for:
      Since our return, we have cleared 13/13 HFC on Heroic mode. We currently have 8 main raiders in our guild and have been utilizing the flexible raids and LFG system to run H HFC as a 15-man raid. We are looking to recruit more members into our guild (and have less PUGs in our raids). At this moment, we are seeking out ranged DPS and healers (prefer monk, druid, or pally) to join our flexible H HFC roster so that we may progress into Mythic raids come Legion.

Additional information and scheduled raids:
      Our raids are on Tues/Wed/Sun from 6:30pm PST till 8:30pm PST. We use Ventrilo for our raids.

If you are interested in our guild or want to know more, please message/add Shells-Bloodscalp or Ryozul#1598. For the horde!
    • By EmreAktrk
      Okay so I have no idea about dps rankings will be in legion. any ideas have played already beta one. whats your opinions. what about mages will be top again?