Topic Details

New Lynx Rush

8 replies to this topic Started by ShadowTurtle, Nov 27 2012 03:33 PM Lynx rush raid dps talent
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

ShadowTurtle
  • ShadowTurtle
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the new lynx rush compared to the other talent choices for that tier with regard to raiding, and whether the new bleed effect will make a massive difference on its usefulness or not. I have no idea Posted Image

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Unclose
  • Unclose
  • Peasant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Personally I think its a nerf. Bosses with mutilple targets eat up the dot effect, so it wont stack as high. Than again this is just a guess, I havent tested it nor have I seen any tests done yet. Im curious aswell what the numbers will tell us.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Vlad
  • Vlad
  • Administrator
  • LocationRennes, France
To me this seems more like a change to the way in which the damage is done, rather than the damage itself, to make it less bursty for PvP. I've not gotten to play around with it much, so we'll see what comes up.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

KittyMinky
  • KittyMinky
  • Vagrant
  • LocationAustralia
I personally feel that it has increased my damage output. Ever since the patch I have been pulling more DPS, and it especially helps me keep up better sustained numbers than I was pulling previously. When there are multiple targets however, it won't stack up on my main target as high because my pet is jumping around applying it to other enemies and it seems to lower the damage a bit.

Edited by KittyMinky, 02 December 2012 - 03:23 PM.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Unclose
  • Unclose
  • Peasant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR

I personally feel that it has increased my damage output. Ever since the patch I have been pulling more DPS, and it especially helps me keep up better sustained numbers than I was pulling previously. When there are multiple targets however, it won't stack up on my main target as high because my pet is jumping around applying it to other enemies and it seems to lower the damage a bit.

Keep in mind that we got a 5% RAP buff =).

As of the lynx rush, still struggling with it.
Readiness before or after the stacks are gone, that my question overall.
On multy targets I feel its a nerf. its spread single stacks and doesnt combo with Beast Cleave.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Vlad
  • Vlad
  • Administrator
  • LocationRennes, France

Contrary to what I said earlier in the thread, the new Lynx Rush seems to be a smaller DPS boost than A Murder of Crows, even for Beast Mastery.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

nicocba
  • nicocba
  • Squire
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
  • LocationCórdoba, Argentina
I also have experienced some DPS increase, but I think its because i can cast cobra shot in movement and thats much more easy than switching aspects middle of the fight which sometimes i forgot to switch back to aspect of the iron hawk. On stone guard casting and moving, specially when I have chains its a great advantage without loosing much dps As everyone said, I think on single target it work pretty similar to the old talent, on multi target I think is a loss. Sorry for my bad english

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Vlad
  • Vlad
  • Administrator
  • LocationRennes, France

I also have experienced some DPS increase, but I think its because i can cast cobra shot in movement and thats much more easy than switching aspects middle of the fight which sometimes i forgot to switch back to aspect of the iron hawk. On stone guard casting and moving, specially when I have chains its a great advantage without loosing much dps

As everyone said, I think on single target it work pretty similar to the old talent, on multi target I think is a loss.

Sorry for my bad english

Well, I used comparative simulations in Simulationcraft, and they show a 3-4K DPS increase for using A Murder of Crows instead of Lynx Rush.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

KittyMinky
  • KittyMinky
  • Vagrant
  • LocationAustralia

Well, I used comparative simulations in Simulationcraft, and they show a 3-4K DPS increase for using A Murder of Crows instead of Lynx Rush.

I'll definitely give it a shot next time I'm on!

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users