FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
FecalLord

Guardian on Oregorger

Is it worth taking Bristling Fur for Oregorger instead of Pulverize? I'm finding I don't always have a cooldown up for Acid Torrent towards the end of the phase. 

I'm no Guardian master or main spec it or anything, so take what I say with a grain of salt. 

Guardians have no real way to mitigate acid torrent other than barkskin which is on a 60s CD (or SI on a long CD) , so it would make sense to grab bristling fur to alternate with. 

To be honest, what does pulverize actually do for you on that fight other than 15% mitigation? The acid torrent is the most important part, and I don't think the boss really hits that hard that SD or SI couldn't already handle. 

To me, it sounds like a valid choice. You'll just be taking a bit more spikey damage outside of acid torrents 

I'm no Guardian master or main spec it or anything, so take what I say with a grain of salt. 

Neither is me, but still, if you are in a dire need to mitigate a huge amount of damage incoming (like Necrotic Breath or Acid Torrent) then the Bristling Fur is the way to go. Or you can ask for externals from healers or Rets/Warrs.

Hello FecalLord,

being a Bear and tried both talent (Pulverize vs Bristling Fur) I can tell that the second one will help out you and your raid in mitigating the Acid Torrent. As Krazyito said the 15% damage reduction given by Pulverize is not that needed during this fight. From personal experience I can tell that if you swap tanks for each acid torrent and you start using BF you'll have it ready for your 4th soaking.

regards

Brolm

Edited by Brolm

Have you tried to Glyph SI? with SI you can maintain Pulv then use SI> SI> BS> SI all while keeping pulv up. 

This seems like a good option as well. Acid torrent is whats going to be hitting you the hardest, so SI isn't really needed too much as an emergency.