FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nygax

Why am I ranking so low?

so I just switched mains from a feral druid to a surv hunter (raid team needed less melee and more ranged) and I read the hunter guide, and from what i can tell of the logs I am doing pretty much everything right

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fgwbHPFYj6tvKpaZ#source=8&type=damage-done

good uptimes on serpent sting and black arrow, right number of black arrow and murder of crows casts, 0 focus wasted...why am I ranking so low? 27th percentile for my bracket and 16th percentile overall.

(it looks like battle.net is down right now, will update with an armory link when it comes up)

so I just switched mains from a feral druid to a surv hunter (raid team needed less melee and more ranged) and I read the hunter guide, and from what i can tell of the logs I am doing pretty much everything right

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fgwbHPFYj6tvKpaZ#source=8&type=damage-done

good uptimes on serpent sting and black arrow, right number of black arrow and murder of crows casts, 0 focus wasted...why am I ranking so low? 27th percentile for my bracket and 16th percentile overall.

(it looks like battle.net is down right now, will update with an armory link when it comes up)

Please post in the "Log analysis"-thread which you can find pinned at the very top of the forum if you want any analysis of your fighting-style:)

However, one doesn't need to read your log in-depth to see why you are ranked so low besides rotational issues. You got a terrible trinket, no 690 ring, no tier bonuses, used AMoC instead of stampede and only used one pot. You are fighting in a bracket relative to people that most likely have better alternatives in all of these item slots. When reading rankings you should watch what bracket you are in (58-64ilvl 27% percentile in your case), meaning that you are compared in a bracket where you are on the low end of the scale. Combine this with rotational errors and not using your second pot (shame on you!) your ranking will be low. 

Edited by Msa

In addition to what MSA said, for some reason your group didn't hero on pull (meaning your only pot wasn't even hero-buffed), and your group was very low ilvl overall. This makes for a long fight, which causes overall DPS to drop. Try looking at logs which feature a similar fight length to find any differences in how

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/survival-hunter-pve-dps-spec-builds-pet-talents-glyphs still says AMoC is better than stampede, but it looks like it hasn't been updated since 6.1, is stampede better now? also, is glaive toss worth using for single target now?

It's outdated. Stampede is better unless you can get high amount of refresh. Follow the guide pinned here on the forum instead, it has EVERYTHING you need to know.