FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zvr

Spec depending on weapon item level?

Hello, I have a small dilemma and any help would be really appreciated smile.png

Right now I'm playing my alt DK in Necroblight spec with 655ilvl 2h weapon.

Recently I've won two 665ilvl one-handed weapons, one even with socket.

My question is - in this situation, when 2x1h set has higher ilvl than single 2h weapon will it be wise to switch from Necroblight to Frost DW to increase my dps potential?

Or maybe I should stick with NB?

Edited by zvr

There are other factors to consider, not just weapon ilvl. Different specs have different stat priorities, so depending on your gear you may or may not get a DPS increase. Your skill in each spec matters as well when it comes to these smaller differences in DPS. Also, DW Frost is the worst spec for single target fights, according to every sim.

Besides, you can always change specs and sim yourself to see whether your DPS will increase

DW frost falls behind both unholy and 2h frost for single target dps, and as far as stat priority both DW frost and unholy benefit most from mastery and multistrike, so even if you had a perfect mastery set to make DW optimal for an aoe fight, you would also have a perfect aoe unholy set for necroblight pwning.

You could possibly see a small dps increase if you play 1h exceptionally well, but out of the few DW DK's I've seen none have ever come close to the unholy dps I can do on a fight like operator or Kromog.

If you happened to have a lot of haste/multistrike gear and not a lot of mastery I could definitely see a reason to play 2H frost on a few strictly single target fights like Gruul or Ore, but that would be an issue of gear stats more than weapon choice.