54 replies to this topic Started by Peelyon, Jun 01 2012 10:58 PM
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
A chatbox was mentioned somewhere and this is something we won't do because, unfortunately, it is a real resource sink for the server. A small update on the Midsummer Fire Festival, the guide is almost ready and will be released well before the event ;)

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

meukow
  • meukow
  • Knight
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Whats wrong with default android browsers?

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland

Whats wrong with default android browsers?

Mine doesn't load this site properly - you can see the banners etc but not the actual forums. Rather annoying.

Or is it more of a general statement complaining about the general ineffectiveness of android browsers? Posted Image

Edited by Alierya, 17 June 2012 - 04:38 PM.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Hurry up Damien, Midsummer is like 3 days away! ;)

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Can anyone point me to a World of Logs guide. I'm either being lazy, dumb or a combination of both trying to get to grips with it all. Over the years we've rarely used it and I want to get used to it before MoP hits. I think for first time users it's a really hectic way of looking at things, but if someone could give me a few tips, or point me in the direction of a guide I would be very grateful. Always left it up to others to sort out before now but thing I better get used to using it even if it's just for my own personal logs.

Edited by Peelyon, 22 June 2012 - 12:36 AM.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland
It isn't a nice thing to use at first, the site navigation is terrible. Before you can use it for anything meaningful you'll need to register your guild and someone needs to upload the data. Once you have that in order it is reasonably easy to interpret and just requires a bit of working through.

This may help though the guys voice is horrendous.
http://pwnwear.com/f...-logs-t899.html

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland

It isn't a nice thing to use at first, the site navigation is terrible. Before you can use it for anything meaningful you'll need to register your guild and someone needs to upload the data. Once you have that in order it is reasonably easy to interpret and just requires a bit of working through.

This may help though the guys voice is horrendous.
http://pwnwear.com/f...-logs-t899.html

Cheers I'll check it out in a lil bit. Weve had 3-4 guildies do the legwork over the years but noone to interpret the results properly. I think its the navigation and layout etc that puts people off! Hopefully I can get control of the guild uploads again. :)

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
I think World of Logs is a wonderful tool. We use it extensively when writing class guides or when we need to verify people's claims on some encounters. I agree that the site navigation is terrible and it's very hard to get a good grip of what's going on. What exactly would you be interested in seeing in a WoL guide?

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland

What exactly would you be interested in seeing in a WoL guide?

• Getting started - how to register your guild, how to upload data etc
  • Interpreting results - tanks, healers, dps. Fight break down, performance vrs other guild members, performance vrs class & spec performance. You could have little example graphs with some arrows...
  • How to pull up results - so what do you click on to bring up data for dps, how do you see it per boss, how do you include certan perameters
Perhaps also something for the advanced user to get the most out of the tool.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland

I think World of Logs is a wonderful tool. We use it extensively when writing class guides or when we need to verify people's claims on some encounters. I agree that the site navigation is terrible and it's very hard to get a good grip of what's going on.

What exactly would you be interested in seeing in a WoL guide?

WoL for dummies. I just find it a really unfriendly website for people who are told to "check logs" etc. In simple terms it seems to be exactly the opposite of what you guys to here. Pretty much everything that Alierya has said above really. A simple breakdown on how to interpret the results on a basic level and how to compare your results to someone elses.

Im assuming that the more you use it the more you become familiar with it all but anything to get people started would be great!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

Sarah1804
  • Sarah1804
  • Peasant
This is of course looking to the future (and I do not know if that was the question) but come MoP, I'd love to see some sort of pet guide for the pokemon lea-- erm, the pet fighting thing. Considering all the wild pets out there and such. Unless all spawn locations are completely random of course, then it would be pretty hard to do. I'm a bit of a pet afficionado, hence my interest in such a thing.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Damian
  • Damian
  • Footman
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne, England.
Hi Guys, I would like to see guides for the remaining high level heroic dungeons and older raids. p.s. Really enjoy this site so keep up the good work.

--- We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland
Damian/Damien I found that really really confusing. Come on guys, I'm blonde, I can't cope with such subtle similarities in names!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland

Damian/Damien I found that really really confusing.

Come on guys, I'm blonde, I can't cope with such subtle similarities in names!

I look at the pretty pictures!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland

I look at the pretty pictures!

I did use the picture clues which was my first indication they were different people. I then observed the number of posts. The pieces finally fell into place when I noted the content of the comment and decided it was rather self congratulatory for IV damien.

Active Users

1 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users