FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Syvn

Sub Rogue Help

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/6090773/latest/#bracket=3&boss=0

I've recently started raiding and have been reading some guides and posts on improving sub damage in raids.  I'm not sure if you can see history of improvement in logs, but I've been able to improve my damage quite significantly.  However, its still very low compared to rankings.

I know my Slice and Dice/Rupture could be a better on some fights, and fights where I swap to combat are somewhat lacking due to sub gear, but is there anything obvious I'm doing wrong that someone could point out to me?

The changes I've made recently include adjusting my opening sequence to include 2 vanishes.

Is it alright to let energy build or should I always be energy starved?

Pool for Vanishes, Ruptures and SnDs near ending (so you can reapply them asap) and SDance if you don't have T17 yet.

Me myself usually don't pool for anything but those. If I can cast, I cast.

Also, use a Dagger on MH for Sub.

Sorry, forgot armory link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Syvn/simple

What I'm finding is that I am so low compared to the rankings, while I am not looking to hit 90th, I am looking to at least pull in around 50-60, which thus far I have been unable to do.

I follow the tips listed in most the posts, and the improvement is there, but it seems like I am glancing over something crucial.

I'm no expert, but looking at the Gruul fight which is a pretty good single target fight:

• your SnD uptime is 87%. You actually do not have SnD up at all for 26 seconds.
  • Rupture is 84%
  • Hemo uptime is 30%, while it is not massive it is a dps increase.
  • You should use your second pot together with SD, SR and FW. You won't have a third pot so rather postpone it until you can line it up.
  • You should try to pool your energy before SR and SD(if you don't have tier 17) and get as many casts of Ambush and Evis in as possible. SR will also copy a Vanish cast.
  • You can use Premeditation whenever you cast Vanish or SD. You can macro it to those abilities.
  • Never let your energy or Anticipation stacks sit at max.
Edited by kosie345

I'm no expert, but looking at the Gruul fight which is a pretty good single target fight:

• Hemo uptime is 30%, while it is not massive it is a dps increase.
  • You can use Premeditation whenever you cast Vanish or SD. You can macro it to those abilities.

Couple clarifications:

1) Hemo is only a DPS increase when it ticks the full duration and is used when FW is not on the target. Any other time, it is better to use BS. Most people typically have 30% at most, and many Rogues are cutting it from their rotation entirely just for simplicity

2) Macro it to Ambush / Garrote / Cheap Shot instead, but before you cast them. IE: 

#showtooltip Ambush

/cast Premeditaton

/cast Ambush

A note about Premed, is that it will only ever add to your main combo points, it won't add to your Anticipation stacks. That said, you should therefore put yourself in positions where you will always use it with 3 or less cp's, so you get the full 2 from it in addition to the 2 from Ambush