FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Allaxell

Help with Necroblight

Hi guys! Since I started to raid in Heroic Mode my DPS is horrible, I know Im having serious issues with mechanics x DPSing, but if you could look at my logs and give mesome advice I would apreciate.

Character: http://us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/azralon/Allaxell/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/3743929/latest#boss=0

Ps: English isn´t my native language, I hope you could comprehend what I wrote.

I'll go fight by fight, makes it easier. 

Gruul

I don't think your problem is with Necroblight. Looking at the other Death Knight, you used 10 Scourge Strikes less, but his hit significantly more (3k more than you on average). I guess this is because you don't have as much Multistrike (can't really say, because you have your PvP gear on at the moment). Secondly,and more importantly, the low usage of Soul Reaper. Your uptime was ~28%, you should aim towards ~35-40%. Finally, try to soak Inferno Slice with AMS for extra Runic Power. The other Death Knight in your raid had 15 more DC casts. 

Oregorger

Necroblight is a bit hard to utilize on this fight. You'll need to extend NP more than usual so that it lasts through the entire (or most of the) rolling phase in order to spread the disease to more crates. Your DPS will mostly be affected by the way you position yourself, and how good you are at following the boss once most of the crates are popped. 

Blast Furnace

Make sure NP doesn't drop when there are a lot of adds up (for example during transitioning from phase 1 to phase 2), because it is a big DPS loss. At the same time, do not overextend NP's duration with too many Festering Strikes, because that is also a DPS loss. I cannot say exactly when to and when not to let NP drop, it takes a bit of experience and on-the-spot decision making. 

Hans'gar and Franzok 

Your DPS will mostly depend on your positioning and how well you're able to execute your rotation while avoiding the stampers. Try to extend NP so that it doesn't drop off in the middle of the stamping phase if you're having problems with movement. 

Flamebender Ka'graz

You didn't use Scourge Strike enough. If you want some extra DPS, try to extend NP so that it has a somewhat long duration as the wolves spawn. That way it will keep damaging them all the time. 

Kromog

Too low SR usage, only 20% uptime. Everything else was OK, but for extra DPS you can try spamming Blood Boil during hands phase (only if there are 3+ hands around you).

Beastlord Darmac

Make sure NP doesn't fall off while the adds are still alive. Spam BB once they spawn, and make sure you drop a DnD as well. Try to use SR more often as well. 

Operator Thogar

Pretty much the same as Beastlord Darmac, only the DPS loss is much bigger if you let NP drop whenever there are adds or if you miss a DnD / BB

Iron Maidens

Use DnD whenever 2+ targets will remain inside its area of effect for the whole duration. Do not let NP off unless UB is off CD. Going on a boat is a slight DPS loss, though. Make sure you BB just before a Dreadnaught phase to make sure that all bosses have the same NP duration on them. Also, use SR more often. 

Just to add for blackhand:

He is mostly a single target fight so just make sure to have high SS uptime and do enough festering to keep up necrotic but no more. Volunteer to get knocked onto the shelf in phase 2 and you can nuke down those adds with necrotic and get a nice little dps boost. Phase 3 good AMS usage can spare you from bad positioning and gain you quite a bit of RP. 

Just to add for blackhand:

He is mostly a single target fight so just make sure to have high SS uptime and do enough festering to keep up necrotic but no more. Volunteer to get knocked onto the shelf in phase 2 and you can nuke down those adds with necrotic and get a nice little dps boost. Phase 3 good AMS usage can spare you from bad positioning and gain you quite a bit of RP. 

I disagree on this: going up on the balcony is IMO a famously bad idea as UH DK. And a huge dps loss on top of that.

1. Timmy does not follow you up there. Neither does he attack anything else during that time, he just wanders around cluelessly. If you dismiss him and resummon on the balcony, you will face the same problem when you jump down.

2. UB CD is too long, it will not be available for every time you get tossed. Even worse: it will not be available when you jump back. Because of this, you cannot simply maintain 15 stacks on boss AND "nuke" the adds. NP in one place will often drop. In the other place will be weak, because it needs to build up over time, without UB. You could certainy over-extend NP by over-using FS on boss so that it is still rolling when you jump back. That is dps loss again and NP on the balcony adds will not make up for it.

3. Clumps of adds on the balcony are too spread out, NP will not cover the whole place on its own. Not even (glyphed) BB will cover spreading. You will need to waste a lot of RP / runes only to DoT everything up. If another, faster killing player is assigned to the balcony as well, all of your effort will be wasted.

Edited by simpetar