FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Abraxas

Fury vs arms

Hi

My main is a frost dk, but I'm starting to lvl my alt (lvl70 warrior) I'm curious on what spec is better over all for raids and rbgs, also what is harder to play. Any useful tips would be much appreciated.

Andy

While leveling I would honestly try both specs and see which you enjoy the most. Both are viable for leveling. Arms will be easier to gear as you only need a single 2H weapon while Fury will require you to obtain two weapons (either two 1H or two 2H).

For raiding purposes you will want to chose Fury. Statistically speaking Single Minded Fury will out-perform Titan's Grip. Overall, though, Fury is more damage / DPS than Arms. If you are not looking for maximum output it comes down to preference which leads me to your next question: difficulty in play.

Arms is what I consider a sustained DPS spec. Between rage generation, your rotation, procs, etc. the "overall rotation" is sustained: there is always something to do with very little "dead time". It has a nice feel to it when you get it right as well.

Fury is what I consider to be burst. Think of it like an Arcane Mage in Cata: It had a burst period and a conservative period. Fury now has that as well. You have your peek time to pop CD's and burn your target (when Colossus Smash is up) and then you have your "rage building" rotation to get ready for your next burn phase. The "rage building" rotation is maintained when Colossus Smash is not applied to your target. Finally, you can find times in a Fury rotation that are "dead"; times where you wait for an ability to use instead of using anything available and that is a tricky part to master of Fury.

For any PvP-related choice I would not be 100% sure. I would (due to old habits) always choose arms. Perhaps Fury is viable now but, alas, I do not PvP as much as I would like. You will have to wait for an answer from someone else or look this information up specifically.

Lastly I'll just put it to you this way: it comes down to personal choice. I am an elitist and I always want to dish out the most DPS / damage I can and - at times - that means I play a spec I don't really like. I enjoy both of my DPS specs but I really LOVE the Arms playstyle / rotation. Ultimately up to you, though.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions do not hesitate to ask.

ah let me give you some tips . i was frost dk entire cata ,4.3 lvled ret pala and warrior (cause nice dps gained by both) , i was fed up of frost dk cause of boring rotation (obli>fs>hb spam :P) MOP ret pala became my main , wanted to lvl warrior as alt , did it , joined raid cudnt do more dps at all, currently warrior is the only class which need perfect gear and perfect stat weights to do good (not best) dps ,so for raids just go with your fdk ,if PVP warrior is good cause of nice burst,

i dont want you to get dissapointed when u are not able to pull dps like you did with your dk in raids so telling b4 u take decision to lvl.

(to continue what hapnd to my fdk yes i lvled him faster than any other class i lvled 2 days to lvl 90) geared him to 466ilvl in 4hrs then raided with him and did 55k dps :P on feng on warrior it was 45k)

Thank you so much for the replies. Well I'm going to try the fury and off spec arms have a feel of both I guess :)

I still play my dk, ilvl 491 so ill still be raising with him for quite some time. I'm just thinking in the long run of the end game with my warrior and I want a bit of a challenge I guess to because yes DK's are quite easy although to really maximise your DKs dps it's not as face roll as it used to be ( still pretty easy though :P )

Again thank you for the help. I'll give fury and arms a go :)