FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zauren

Few 5.1 Early Raid Fury Questions

I was stuck in the limbo known as 'trying to get good weapons'. The gods were not kind, and dropped me a single Elegion first. I then spent a few weeks, trying to get either Starshatter for arms to drop, or a second Elegion. And a second Elegion finally did yesterday. Transmog wise I'd prefer dual Starshatter, or even just one, but I am hardly going to complain.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/uther/zauren is my current setup. It works well enough, I still have some things to fix, and know the direction for that (I.E. bother getting Revered in Golden Lotus for shoulders, finish Klaxxi for ring, blah blah)

1) Double Elegion: Worth the investment for Dancing Steel at LFR?

2) Should I prioritize maxing them out DPS-wise with Valor upgrades? If I do, main hand first then offhand, or evenly? Should I get shoulders first?

3) For the short term, do I want Windsong or Elemental Force?

4) When are the next replacements over Elegion?

Any answers would be highly appreciated! Icy Veins is my bible, first time getting serious enough on progression to check in personally.

Zauren:

Good morning and welcome to the Icy Veins: Warrior Forum Board! Let me get right to your questions.

• Double Elegion: Worth the investment for Dancing Steel at LFR?

- It depends. Do you plan on doing normal / heroic raiding? Are you currently raiding normal tier? If you feel that you will be in LFR / LFR gear for some time then I would go ahead and invest in Dancing Steel for both your MH and OH weapons. On the other hand, if you feel that you will be able to obtain a T14N piece within a week or two then I would simply stick with Windsong. Up to you, ultimately, though.

• Should I prioritize maxing them out DPS-wise with Valor upgrades? If I do, main hand first then offhand, or evenly? Should I get shoulders first?

- This is personal preference in my opinion. If you want more DPS, then sure; max them out. I would go MH -> OH -> MH -> OH. Again; it's up to you. You could go MH -> MH -> OH -> OH. The only thing is (if you noticed) that you should definitely start with your MH weapon. Your OH weapon should not have an upgrade while your MH does not (unless your MH -not upgraded- has more damage output than your upgraded OH).

Finally, I would recommend (before upgrading weapons) to fill your slots with at least Vendor bought / LFR gear and then worry about placing your upgrades. Gear is more expensive, Valor Point wise, so it's good to knock those out early.

• For the short term, do I want Windsong or Elemental Force?

- No question: Windsong on both.

• When are the next replacements over Elegion?

- Your next upgrades will be T14N Elegions: inv_axe_1h_pandaraid_d_01.jpgElegion, the Fanged Crescent for your SMF spec.

^ Dang out class me on beat me on reply xD but yes Saja is right on everything in this post. What I would suggest because in my option Fury warrior got screwed over in this patch 5.0 and 5.1. They say our DPS is one of the top but thats including a warrior have 4 and 2 set plus weapons. Fury weather it be SMF or TG is so gear dependent is sad. I would say as soon as you can get your legendary 1H from sha and get ether the same 1H off sha or get the 1H axe off elegon heroic and go SMF; otherwise you would still be better off going with both you MH and OH off sha. Do keep in mind that you will be fighting with Frost DK, Prot Pally, Prot Warr for the weapon off sha and I have been running ever sence the raid first came out and I have yet to see the 1H drop off sha even with a coin saved also. GL xD

Looking over Clisis's post I would have to alter my suggestions a bit. If you are dealing strictly with MH / OH in LFR then I would shoot for inv_sword_1h_pandaraid_d_02.jpgKilrak, Jaws of Terror x2. Your MH will obviously get the inv_legendary_breathofblackprince_agi.jpCrystallized Terror and will out perform the inv_axe_1h_pandaraid_d_01.jpgElegion, the Fanged Crescent x2. Even the OH will be better because on a straight comparison you have more useful stats out of the Kilrak.

In retrospect, if I were to have obtained a inv_axe_2h_pandaraid_d_01.jpgShin'ka, Execution of Dominion I would go Arms. I love Arms. I love that weapon. And I could careless if I'm lower than a Fury Warrior lmao.

Interesting, interesting. Windsong being best was very helpful. And I'll keep slapping purples on myself with Valor. I don't have a guild I'm able to raid with at the moment is most of the problem, or I could shift to 10-man weekly. I can do LFR for HoF and Endless Spring now, though. I think I'll stick to Windsong for now and save my valor for my next tier of upgrades. Thanks for the great advice.

And yes Sajakain, if I get the Execution I will go Arms in a heartbeat. ...And eventualy Fury again when I got two. :D

And yes Sajakain, if I get the Execution I will go Arms in a heartbeat. ...And eventualy Fury again when I got two. Posted Image

Cosmetically I would agree with the Fury spec and x2 Executions. Maximum output? SMF has it beat. =) But tis your warrior - Play it however you see fit!

/waits to spec arms.....

Good day for me! I picked up an Execution of Domin.

However, now I'm in a quandry. What's better, offhanding a Gravetouch Sword upgraded with JP, or going Arms? Or are they comparable? I will note that for what it's worth I transmogged the sword into the Silver Hand from Heroic Lich King and I look amazing.