FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Blodhgarm

MoP PvP Macros

Hey guys, Mists of Pandaria has been out for about a month now, and i feel it might be nice to get some up-to-date PvP Macros in the forums.

I'll try to post more later but right now i just wanna share a PvP Survival Macro that i invented for my Retribution Paladin the other day. Let it be known that i HAVEN'T tested this Macro yet, and i don't know how it will behave, but in theory I'm confident that it'll work.

Survival Macro-

#showtooltip

/cleartarget

/target Deathstank

/cast Hand of Protection

/cast Devotion Aura

/cast Divine Protection

/cast Potion of the Mountains

/cast Stay of Execution

/cast Hand of Salvation

/cast Hand of Freedom

/cast Blinding Light

/cast Speed of Light

/cleartarget

So to explain it, it starts off by clearing your current target and targeting yourself; after that my intention is to stop any incoming damage as soon as possible, so once Hand of Protection is out, I will be immune to melee effects, and Devotion Aura and Divine Protection(unglyphed) will total for 60% total magical damage mitigation.

Potion of the Mountains will give you 12,000 additional armor, which will greatly increase your chances of survival.

After i've gone through all the steps for damage mitigation, I cast Stay of Execution(healing component of Execution Sentence) to start healing any health that may have been lost before i cast the macro.

Next comes Hand of Salvation, which will remove any threat that i have for 10 seconds, which will get any pets or minions off of me.

Then I cast Hand of Freedom, Blinding Light, and Speed of Light, which will, 1- make me immune to movement impairing effects, 2-disorient any enemy within 10yds for 6 seconds, and 3- give me a 70% movement speed increase, with which i will hightail out of danger zone and, hopefully, find a healer to heal you back up so you can rejoin the fight.

So that is the macro, and it may sound like a bunch of steps, but in theory it should cast/use all the spells and items listed simultaneously, since they are all off the GCD.

So if someone could test this for me and see if it works, i would really appreciate it.

Tell me what you think and get back with me. Posted Image

im not sure if ur trolling or not, but u simply cannot do a pvp macro like that each of those abilities has a specific time that needs to be used. also u should be using holy prism and long arm of the law, If u want ican elaborate y but u should just watch some ret pvp videos to understad y that macro is ludicrous

• Like 1

Sorry if i'm wrong, i'm not very good with macros yet, but this is usually how i do the ones that i do have, and they work just fine. If you could explain to me why they need to be used at certain intervals, and how i can make my macro do that, then i would greatly appreciate it.

I'm still learning about macros, and i'd like to know what i'm doing wrong.

alright first of all hand of protection is used mainly on ur partner when u face a physical dmg comp or to remove their stuns.divine protection is used when ur oponents pop their cds so u can reeduce their boost. u can use the potion in the same way even though im not sure if u can use them in arenas. Devotion aura is used when u desperately need to heal and ur oponent has a kick ability. hand of salvation is useles in pvp basicly since it doesnt matter when u heal as a ret if r in combat and arena matches usually end in a few minutes so u wont be able to drink. hand of freedom should be used when u face a class with tons of slows [mages are a perfect example]. if freedom is on cooldown u can always use emancipate. blinding light is used on the offensive side as a aoe stun when u are lookin for a kill. u can use it defensively if ur oponent pops cds and has no trinket. Finally, if ur really almost dying, use divine shield, kite and stun defensively if u can. anyways as u can see ull be a much better ret if u learn how to use these abilities one by one. the macros i recommend using are target macros for arena partners and enemies and a macro that pops holy avenger wings dmg trinkets guardian and inquisition for extra burst, even though i would keep each od these abilities seperately hust in case u need to use an extra burst to kill and not all of them are off cooldown. for a bit more detail i reccomend watching vanguards or emounicorn [just google them] since they are some of the best rets in the world

• Like 1

Yes, I think i understand what your talking about; and I DO have a burst macro, along with all the abilities of the macro off to the side on my bars so I can monitor their CD's.

Burst Macro-

#showtooltip Guardian of the Ancient Kings(it has the longest CD, so i use it to judge my Macro and when i should use it)

/cast Avenging Wrath

/cast Holy Avenger

/use trinket1

/use trinket2

/use Potion of Mogu Power

/cast Inquisition(I try to wait till I'm at 5 HP before i burst)

I know for sure that this works, as I've used it countless times in the past, but if there are better ways to put it in a macro, I'm open to any ideas.

BTW, I use Guardian before hand to build AP for my burst; I wait till I'm at 15-20 AP, then I pop my Burst Macro.

Also I have a stance-dance macro, although I NEVER use it, and I don't think I'll ever use it, but I figure better safe than sorry.

Stance Macro-

#showtooltip

/castsequence, Seal of Truth, Seal of Justice

Any thoughts?

First you should not be using Cast Sequence macros at all, also Omni CC (or similar add on) is an add on you should be using to monitor your CD's. I am assuming you are a human, by the fact that you have "Trinket1" & "Trinket2" although that would indicate that you are using a PVE trinket (2 on use trinks) if that is the case then you should not be doing that. Also, I do not play a pally, but I am almost sure at least a couple of those abilities and trinkets share a CD... Also, that potion can't be used in Arena, so I am assuming this is a reggy BG macro? Hope that helps...

I'll make sure I get rid of it next time I'm on, though I doubt I would have ever used the '/castsequence' macro anyways. And I'm a Tauren Paladin; the reason I put '/use trinket1 /use trinket2' is because my membership hasn't been renewed yet, and I've forgotten the name of my PvE trinkets lol. I'm am still lvl 89 and I haven't gotten enough Honor to get the PvP trinket yet, so I'm just using my PvE gear in Bg's ATM. Also I've checked and none of the spells listed are on the GCD tables except Inquisition of course, which is why it's last in line.

If you want to look up my character, I don't know how to link, but on the Wowhead profiler his name is Deathstank, lvl 89 Tauren Paladin. Thats all you need to find him. Guild name is Free Company of Khatovar

But that is the Macro I use when bursting in Bg's or in dungeon runs.

Advice?

Edited by Blodhgarm