FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Agenteusa

Ele Shaman - ST dps problem

Hello,

Im having some ST dps problems and I still havent figured out what the problem is. I should be doing way more damage than I am ST.

The logs are below if some kind sould would be able to give me some pointers (please ignore Gruul, that fight ended but I died due to a wipe call that eventually lead to a kill :P):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6nHbgzDhV3P14axX/

If you would like me to provide more info in order to give me some tips let me know. I know it must be a hole in my ST rotation since I can do quite some good damage in AOE type bosses.

Thanks for the help

Unfortunately I'm not very good in ele spec. Can see the basic problems but not more than that :(

I looked into your logs - in the fights you were alive full time your dps looks pretty decent for your ilvl. So I think your are not looking for advices like 'Keep your FS 100% uptime' or 'Don't forget to use the second dps pot'.

I hope the guys that are playing ele as a main spec will come to help.

• Like 1

@Loxsly

If you're looking at that IM wipe, I usually only cast chain lightning on IM when the 3 of them are on the platform and after I drop the Earthquakes I switch to ST rotation to balance out the dmg between them. Hence why I don't have that many Fulminations.

The 1 Ascendance is exactly because that was a wipe so I didn't get to use the 2nd.

The 1 SWG is used as needed. I didnt get hit during that fight with "rapid fire" nor blood so I only used that once.

Anyway I was looking more for help with bosses that require you to switch more to an ST rotation (Oregorger, Flamebender, Gruul, Kromog(discounting the hand part)).

So I would appreciate if someone could take a look at those to try and find some gapholes.

@Pandacho

Np, I still appreciate the help ;) Well I don't think the dps is horrible, but I'm 100% sure it can be improved quite a bit (provided I find out what I'm missing).

Actually in Flamebender I analyzed other people logs and I think I might be missing some earthquakes (I never cast earthquake or chain lightning on that fight)

Edited by Agenteusa

@Pandacho

Np, I still appreciate the help wink.png Well I don't think the dps is horrible, but I'm 100% sure it can be improved quite a bit (provided I find out what I'm missing).

Well, when I made a filter for these ST fights for your ilvl and fight length, you were in the top 30 there. So I was kinda puzzled why do you need help.

But I can check more in depth if you want smile.png

Hmm you mean top 30 where? I usually measure the ranking against all EU and for those fights I didn't do that well. Btw that Gruul fight I actually died cause someone called a  raid wipe and I suicided and then they called the wipe back...

Can you go into more detail what filters you're applying and what top 30 you mean?

Here for example:

Oregorger place 16. Filter: Ilvl: 680-685, raid size: 15-17, Fight length: 360-390 sec

H&F: place 31. Filter: Ilvl: 680-685, raid size: 15-17, Fight length: 260-300 sec

Kromog: place 5. Filter: Ilvl: 680-685, raid size: 15-17, Fight length: 400-420 sec

Hmm, but you're applyng some filters that take away lots of players.

1 - You have a 15-17 player filter

2 - You have a fight length filter

3 - You have a fight date filter

Basically in the Kromog fight, I'm just being compared to 29 other players.

I try to compare it to everyone in EU of my ilvl bracket, no matter what the conditions are.

And I still think i'm underperforming in ST fights and the logs do agreee with me smile.png

Edited by Agenteusa

Ohhhh kay, let's see what's up. Despite what you said, I'm analyzing only the Grull fight because that's sorta the quintessential single target fight in BRF; aggregate numbers can go screw themselves, it's the nitty gritty that matters.

1: PRE pot about 2 seconds before pull. Same thing with your flame elemental totem. FE should be 3-4 seconds before pull, potion 2 seconds before pull. That way you've got a second one available for the next round of ascendance. Unleashed flame should be precast too, directly after your int pot. Flame shock should be cast literally before second 1 of the fight (first ability used after pull), and it doesn't sound like a big deal but that's just a little bit more of your core damage rotation that happens during pot and lust.

2: You've cast ascendance before you've run yourself out of lava burst charges (at least to start the fight. You should have a cast of 1-2 lava bursts before ascendance depending on if you've got echo talent or not). Cast all possible lava bursts before casting ascendance (because asc's benefit is allowing you to cast lava bursts, activating it while you can cast lava burst is a literal waste of CD, and you miss out on 1-2 overall lava bursts)

3: When fire elemental is done at right around the 1 min mark, cast Earth elemental totem, but only if you've got nothing better to do (i.e. if you'd only be wasting a cast of lightning bolt). Not a lot of damage, but it's a bit. (you cast searing a few seconds early, which isn't a big deal at all, but forgot to add EE to to the mix).

4: If you prepot you'll have a second int potion available for your second set of CDs.

The biggest things you can do are get a second potion off when you ascendance the second time and not waste lava burst's by casting ascendance before you're out of lava burst charges. That second potion, and a little bit of optimization of burst during BL and prepot and ElementalMastery represents an absurd dps spike.

I just peeked at OperatorT too, and you're missing an entire ascendance phase. You use at start (again without using lava bursts up first), and again at just after 6 minutes, but not at 3. Should be casting it on CD whether it's aoe phase or single target.