FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  

Tell a newbie how to start going on raids after 60 level

Hello all,

I am a newbie to WoW and to this forum as you see. I tried to read some info on here and on other sites. But ended posting this thread here looking for some clear and easy to follow help.

I hit 60 around a week ago. So as far as I know the raids become available to me. And of course I would like to try them and kill something big with other players. The problem is that my guild sucks and they don't do guild raids which looks like the easiest way to go on a raid. I tried looking for raid groups on the trade channel with no result.

So how can I go to raids? Please tell me where to look. And another question ...does anybody do the older raids(Classic, The Burning Crusade) ...because I see people do only Cataclysm and MoP when they get 85/90 level?

Thank you in advance for your help and the patience teaching a noob :)

On my Server nobody does the old Raids as they were meant to be played. We farm them for Transmog Items, Reputation and Pets.

I think, you should get to 90 and start looking for Raids then.

Or, on some servers there are Groups who stop leveling at 60, 70 or another Level to do the old content. Try your official Server Forum for that.

At this stage it is difficult to find someone to do a raid because most players prefer to get to level 90 and do classical raids without much hassle. As far as I know there are guilds that do Vanilla and Burning Crussade raids in the old manner, but are hard to find. So if you want to choose your level raid must meet a condition of gear, ie to have a certain ilevel. My advice though is to achieve the maximum level and possibly with 1 or 2 friends to raid old contest. The old raids in Vanilla, Burning Crussade, Wrath of the Lich King and first raids in Cataclysm until Dragon Soul are not available in LFR (looking for raid) option implemented by Blizzard at the end of the Cataclysm expansion. However, you can wait and look for a raid in the classical way, ie, you click the button that is designated for friends, you can find him in the chat window on the left, next to the general. This will open a window, in the bottom of it you will find several buttons, click the raid button. Now at the top you will find two buttons - "browse raid" and "raid info". You're interested in the first button - 'Browse raid "- which will open a window from which you access raids by level. Anyway, even if you go on this way, you will have long to wait for a low level raid(60, 70, 80) because, as I said, nobody do low-level raids at low level. I hope I've been helpful in some measure and if you have questions or further questions I suggest you make a level 1 char on Neptulon server, alliance side and add Rohxahna at friends, I give you all the advice ingame.

On our server i do see regular LFM to old raids, ofcourse not as many are needed to go anymore but still.

Though it's mainly lvl70 raids if i think it over.

Guess that is your best bet, 10 more lvls :)

Sadly most old content is made obsolete in terms of it being competitive content!

Like above, there are certain old raid runs but a lot of these can be solo'ed by one level 85 / 90 player now.

There is such a think as "twink" guilds, where players purposely stop their experience gain at certain levels so you remain at a particular level that you want.

Sadly for you I dont think this is what you will want to do as you will want to level and continue your character (I assume).

It is a shame for new players (I missed out on all Vanilla and TBC content for the same reasons) but personally the best thing you can do is get to 90 and experience current content!

When you become more experienced and understand the game more you can perhaps make other characters to go through old content as a "twink" or perhaps experience content on your own as a level 90.

Wish there was another solution of course. I'm hoping in the future they can use some of the systems currently in play (capping your gear item level etc) to unlock all old raids as you were meant to fight in them. We will have to see I guess!

Hope that helps (a little)

• Confused 1

Thanks a lot to all of you for the fast and thorough replies. So my only logical choice will be to achieve 90 level and try the old raids alone. That is not as bad as one may suppose because I will experience the content anyway as if it was just another quest. It is poor that lots of great in my opinion content is "redundant".

So I asked that question mainly because I am a great f an of the world itself. I have played the Warcraft games, read almost all of the comic books and novels and really enjoy the history and mythology involved. Thus lots of that was able to be experienced through these raids in a great way (as you can see in youtube).

I read a lot about the LFR function today and some people suggest that it can be done that all the expansions + vanilla raids could be added to it. My opinion as a software developer is that it would not be that much work it would need some additional restrictions in order to sort people in queues. So Blizz will need to make a good explanation guide on them. And of course test and see what will be the queue waiting times.

another option, to add to my former reply, join a low level guild, chances they do the old stuff to get guild achievements. I know i did it when making our guild, 24 now, but i see daily new guilds popping up.

Unless ofcourse you are in a nice guild, that is something worth as well.

Edited by Daowen

I already thought about joining another guild(i got into one the day joined) with a lot more people and look for people that are fond of doing the old stuff. Anyway I will stick to getting to 90 asap and do them myself at least for the fun of the story being revealed to me.

Anyway I play on Bladefist and Grim Batol if somebody plays on there be welcome to send me a friend request

Ivanez is that on the US servers or the EU servers? (May help in people who are willing to have a chat etc)